Old 10-16-2007, 11:55 AM   #1  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Default Soy

I've never tried soy milk (although....it's pressed to get the liquid, so i guess it's more like "soy juice" heheheh) and i saw some in chocolate at the store

is it yummy? does it taste like chocolate milk? good in a smoothie? worth the calories?

thoughts please
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:58 AM   #2  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I love my soy milk in a smoothie, however, I use the Westsoy Unsweetened Vanilla which is sometimes hard to find. For some reason, the food companies want to take a really healthy product like soy milk and ruin it by putting in so much sugar. You might as well just buy regular chocolate milk....but, that's just my 2 cents.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:06 PM   #3  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

There was a time you couldn't get me to even taste soy milk. Now, I have it every morning on my cereal. I use the Silk light vanilla and it is wonderful. I have used it in smoothies as well and it works and taste terrific. I haven't had chocolate soy milk but I imagine it would be tasty.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:06 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I like soy milk. I've bought chocolate unsweetened soy milk before and I liked it but I wouldn't say it tasted anything like chocolate milk. Soy has a much different taste than milk. I think soy milk is good in smoothie but I usually only use soy milk (or my favorite unsweetened almond milk) with cereal.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

8th Continent light vanilla soymilk. Amazing over cereal. 60 calories a cup. I think it's my favorite food discovery.

I've even got my husband putting it on cereal and it almost killed him to have to admit how good it was. He actually used to put half and half on cereal so he's saving a million calories and god only knows how much fat.

Really worth trying. It makes all the twiggy cereals taste great.

I really like cereal in case you hadn't noticed.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:32 PM   #6  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

My favorite choices are:

Over Cereal - 8th Continent Lt Vanilla Soy
In Smoothies/when baking - Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:34 PM   #7  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

One bonus is that soy milk has fiber and no cholesterol! Can't say that of cow or goat milk!

If you are new to soy milk, I suggest Silk brands. They are wonderful. Silk light (for having less fat and calories) and Silk Plus Omega 3's (because it is delicious and nutritious) are my favorites (and the chocolate is an occasional treat, as I mentioned).

I LOVE chocolate soy milk, it's a nice occasional treat and so I say go for it!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:35 PM   #8  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Unsweetened soy milk is always my first choice and I wish that Silk would make the Plus Omega 3's without sugar. The Silk Unsweetened is great too, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
In Smoothies/when baking - Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze
LOVE that too (but it's not soy milk, silly ).
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:01 AM   #9  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

OH.... I totally forgot about soy milk. light Chocolate soy milk with bananas and strawberrys and some ice. OMG!!!!!!!!! YUM!!!!!!! OH now I have to go to the store and buy it.

if you but the light one it has less calories and it tastes the same I think. I cant remember the amount of difference but I think it is like 30 or 40 cal differnce. Not really sure.
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:18 AM   #10  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I don't particularly like soy milk, but I do enjoy a number of soy products. Often I'll go to the sushi place in the food court next door and get miso soup and a sushi roll for a light lunch. The soup hasgood protein, and it's so satisfyingly hot and salty. Yum.

I also keep edamame (soybeans) in my freezer. I get the hulled ones, not the ones still in the pod. they're a great snack. I nuke a quarter cup, then sprinkle with a little soy and rice vinegar. Tasty and filling, with good protein and fiber.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:27 AM   #11  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dek6 View Post
OH.... I totally forgot about soy milk. light Chocolate soy milk with bananas and strawberrys and some ice. OMG!!!!!!!!! YUM!!!!!!! OH now I have to go to the store and buy it.

if you but the light one it has less calories and it tastes the same I think. I cant remember the amount of difference but I think it is like 30 or 40 cal differnce. Not really sure.
ok now THAT sounds pretty frickin yummy! bananas & berries & ice with it??? helllllllllllllllo!!!!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:55 AM   #12  
FatCat

S/C/G: 270/244/135

Height: 5'2

8th continent light vanilla is my favorite for cereal also. I put it in my coffee too. I tried the fat free vanilla but I don't care for the taste and it actually has more calories than the light anyway.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: see ticker

Thanks so much, ladies for the info! Thanks Trazey for the thread!! I've wondered about soy milk for a long time. I use a lot of soy products, but haven't had the guts to try the milk! I mostly use milk only for my coffee, and use fat free half and half for that. I'll try the soy milk next time!!!!!
PeggyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:47 PM   #14  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

I use light soy milk on cereal and it didnt take me any time at all to get used to it. It is great on cereal and to cook with, I am sure chocolate would be good! It is full of protein and makes me feel good because I am not supporting the dairy industry which is cruel to cows. Try it!!!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote