View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 02:22 AM   #1
Cuter w Curves
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

Question the pros and cons of eating corn

*chuckle* Tell that to the 45 lbs that went missing after removing it completely.

Corn:

-Starch - not so good for weight loss
-I had 3 nutritionists tell me point blank that any nutritional value that it has is too low to counter balance the starch in it. Truth be told it has a fairly good level of fiber, ad a few vitamins; however, most do not chew it enough to break it down so that these are readily absorbed.
-Corn is the source of High Fructose or Glucose/Fructose which is probably not so great really.

And just some food for thought:

When farmers want to "fatten" up their live stock they feed them corn to increase their fat levels. The growing issue with overweight children wasn't a problem until almost everything contained corn... And I mean everything!

It comes down to this:

We cut out potato for the most part because of the starch levels. Why are so many who've done that still eating corn when there are so many alternatives if they want a vegetable or whole grain that are not starch based?

Did you know that the list of things containing, derived from or possibly containing/derived from corn is massive? If want it then just shoot me a message. It is wild! And I mean really wild!

But really... This should likely be a whole new thread. Specifically the pros and cons of eating corn.

Ok! Straight up... First time through... I lost and then got sick and gained more than I had lost. Second time through I lost, got where I needed to... Enjoyed it. Took prednizone (oh lordy how I hate it) and was creeping back toward my worst.
So let's do this (C is stopping point apparently):
1st: S/C/G: 334/280/200 - 2007-2008
2nd: S/C/G: 369/291.2/200 - 2009-2010
NOW:

2012-For life!
Cuter w Curves is offline   Reply With Quote