Old 10-08-2007, 12:24 PM   #1  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Talking October 8, 2007...alli (support Here)

Good morning all. Sorry for the delay in getting this weeks started. I have been CRAZY busy this morning. I have been lucky enough (insert sarcasm here) at work to get MORE responsibility added to my job! So much for my pay raise..lol Oh well.

I am actually going well. I have STOPPED monitoring strickly what I eat (within reason) and just try to be more CONSCIOUS about what I eat while I am eating...and it is helping. I am not as "rebellious" about being on a diet, even though I know I only hurt myself when I act like that. But hey whatever works for me, right? I Jumped back to 177 a few weeks ago, and since I have this new mindset about dieting and my job, I find that I have less stress and I am sure that is HELPING my bad habits. I weighed this morning and I am down to 175, so almost back to where I was 3 months ago when I first re-started dieting with Alli. I know within a few weeks I will be back where I was 5 weeks ago (168).

That is my story! So what's yours???

Oh yeah-I almost forgot-our auditor is quitting so I applied for that job today, they are reviewing app's on Wednesday night! Wish me luck, it is less money, but more benefits and less hours (a lot less) but it would be perfect for me if we get the house we are trying to buy, 1 block away and the house is also 1 block away from the school!!! How perfect will that be!?!?!?
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:32 PM   #2  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Yeaaaaaaaaa I got here first this time lol.

Glad to see you are almost back where you were. Now you can go forward. I am sure won't be long and you will be right back where you want to be.

I have found I do much better not worrying to much about counting anything. Fit day is fun, kind of gives me an idea about what I need to eat since I forget to eat all the time. Today I was putting my green olives on fit day and I saw, guess what, I hadn't eaten today. Surprise surprise. So now I am caught up for breakfast. lol, ok so it is 3:37 and I should be thinking about dinner. Have a lot of eating to do before the say is over.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 10-08-2007 at 03:39 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 04:16 PM   #3  
Gettin Closer!!

Shy, must be the day for hardly eating...
I had 1/2 an onion bagel for breakfast with a little whipped philly lite, then at lunch I tried to eat a cup of soup and got 1/2 the way through and was interupted so many times I gave up and tossed the rest...so being that now at 3:30 almost I am hungry and have to wait till dinner I ate a granola bar! SO that should do it for me today..I am having Ham for dinner..
Old 10-08-2007, 04:41 PM   #4  

Unhappy

weigh in day NO weight loss...geez i am so bummed !! eating and drinking my water dont know what in the world is up. even lowered my calories !! plus i was hungry most of the week..maybe i lost inches though so that thought is keeping me going.. stilltrying...good wishes for the new job.
got2gethealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 04:51 PM   #5  
Rennie

got2get
Sometimes eating less isn't the answer. The answer is eating more. I have found I just wasn't eating enough. The closer I am to 1400 calories, no I don't really count but fit day is sure a great way to keep track of things. The more I lose.

Had tuna and come cottage cheese. That is my lunch lol. Getting ready to make dinner.

I am tickled. I did my weight in Saturday since I happen to be at the docs. Had to take my daughter today so I thought what the heck will check the weight. I never do a weigh in less than 14 days apart. Already down another 2lbs
Old 10-09-2007, 07:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 305/282/199

Height: 5'6"

Yeah, all!! Good job on dropping or maintaining.

Weigh in this morning has left me rethinking my game plan. Up 4 lbs. Based on the way my ankles look, I'm suspecting part of that is water. Also, I had more bread last week than I've had for a while.
Anyway, it's back on the extra water and more time spent in treadmill ****, for me. I KNOW this will work.

Here's a few WORDS TO LIVE BY:

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." Herm Albright
Beck1Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:43 AM   #7  

Still, good for you for not being so stressed about the food. I don't know why I'm not losing. Maybe I should give what you are doing a try. Good luck on the job!!!!

Shy, I don't think I ever forget to eat. Congrats on that loss!

Got2, I try to eat close to the amount of calories that I'm allowed. I had considered lowering my calories, but I know that I'd be hungrier then.

Beck, sorry about the gain! I'm sure it will be gone when you up the water and get on that treadmill that you love so dearly!!

I went to water aerobics last night. I had only been there once since hubby went to the hospital on Sept. 10. Felt great! I'm a little sore today though, so I know I overdid it. Maybe that will be my butterfly moving on my tracker.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:33 AM   #8  

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Good morning all! Just checking in before getting busy. Didn't work outside yesterday and won't today either - too blasted humid. Maybe tomorrow will be fix the fence day.
bobbigene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:25 PM   #9  
Rennie

Tammy
You would think a person could never forget to eat. My husband tells me, dear, I have forgotten a lot of things. Forgotten to brush my teeth before I came down stairs and had to go back upstairs, forgotten my socks and had to go back upstairs. I have forgotten to pick something up at the store for you and have forgotten to put air in the tires. I HAVE NEVER forgotten to eat. How on earth do you do that lol. He will say have you eaten today when he isn't home. I will say ummmmmm let me check fit day and find out. I can hear him, hope she doesn't forget to breath. Oh ya he thinks he is so funny.

bobbiejene
To hot here to really do anything but basic housework. Need to do the lawn again but to hot.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:55 PM   #10  

thanks for the kind words and support i think alot of things caused my weight not to move. very stressful week hubby had a cancer check up today and got the all clear but it was a worry , now a relief. i also had my 15 month old grandson for a visit and my knee started acting up and was and still am in extreme pain. i think lowering my calories did me in too. because i was hungry i was picking at what i was feeding my grandson..potatoe chip here, slice of buttered bread there, cracker with pnut butter everywhere. so now this week will be better. grandson back home, hubby ok so back to getting healthy me ! woke up depressed this morning, but decided i was just tired and went back to bed. so forward and onward
got2gethealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:23 PM   #11  
Rennie

got2get
Glad good news for the hubby. That has to take so much stress off you. Maybe up those calories a bit. When the picking starts means we aren't eating enough. This is something we are doing for life. We do need to eat lol.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:05 AM   #12  

Shy, I was cracking up about your husband hoping you would remember to breathe!! I even told my husband and he got a chuckle out of it.

g2gh, praise the lord for the no cancer for your hubby!!! Stress can do so much to our bodies. I know I'm still not back to "normal" with Bob's illness. Not sure how long it will take to be normal, I guess as long as he isn't feeling like he should.

Off to volunteer at the radio station! Why on earth did I sign up for the 6-8 shift for the 3 days?????????????????????????????
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:38 AM   #13  
Gettin Closer!!

Tammy, that sounds fun! What do you have to do at the Radio Station?

Shy, I hear ya, I have NEVER forgotten to EAT!!! Other things YES, but eating, NEVER!!!
Old 10-10-2007, 10:15 AM   #14  

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Volunteering at a radio station? My dad was in radio and TV for 40 years and the only volunteers I remember were students doing work for school credit. Is it a public radio station and you are manning the phones?

Got the car inspected yesterday and picked up some supplies to make potato baking bags for the microwave. Then I did all of my filing - all those insurance notices and stuff like that. The guy who is doing some work on the outside of my house is here tearing down the gutters. Guess today I'll sew up the potato bags and tomorrow do the fence. It's supposed to be only 82 or so tomorrow, still 90 today. I can get quite a bit of the fence done tomorrow and Friday.
bobbigene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:04 AM   #15  
Gettin Closer!!

bobbie-what are you talking about here "supplies to make potato baking bags for the microwave" I am curious what you are making???? Please give some more details...thanks!