Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 11:41 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Weight Loss and Chitchat #270

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.

Last edited by Marti; 10-07-2007 at 11:43 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:47 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Cristina - ty! I like to stock up on books, too, and have to admit that I even bought the same one twice for my stash, lol. When I saw what I did, I gave it to Mary. Thankfully, it was only a paperback.

Sassy - woohoo! I'm happy about your good news.

Neal's fishing with Terry, and I'm headed to the yard with the DGDs and Mary. It's so hot today, that we're breaking records for this time of the year, so I doubt I'll stay long.

Oh yeah, when I got out my book to record my weight loss for the week, I saw where my total since 9/17 is 10 pounds, not 11 like I thought. Still, I'm 31 from my highest weight. According to an email from Amazon, my exercise video is en route, and I think I'll get it tomorrow.

NSV - I had fruit at the bd party yesterday, instead of a cupcake, and was fine with that. Nobody paid any attention, and I walked out feeling good about it.

TTFN,
Old 10-07-2007, 04:37 PM   #3  

Talking

Happy Birthday Sue!!

I hope it's a good one and I hope you're getting spoiled!!
Old 10-07-2007, 07:27 PM   #4  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

TY Marti.

Happy Birthday Sue!

Where is everybody? Hope you all are well!
Old 10-07-2007, 09:51 PM   #5  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Just a quickie one tonight. I've had a terrible chest cold all weekend which just makes my asthma act up despite being on 5 different drugs to control it. Hopefully I can see my pulmonary doc tomorrow. Didn't do too much this weekend but cough Going to be bed and watch Bro & Sis but just wanted to say...

Jane--the granddaughters were beautiful in their outfits. You did a wonderful job. WTG on the weight loss!!

Sassy--congrats on your hubby's new job. Things always seem to work themselves out. I'm very happy for your both.

Sue--
Old 10-07-2007, 10:01 PM   #6  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Thank you ladies...I got taken to dinner and will go out to lunch tomorrow with DD and Mom. (if she feels like it) She has had 2 really good days....*fingers crossed that it continues*

Beautiful day here today, as Jane said, temps. above normal. I got in a bike ride, but it sure was hot. Got to be lazy and catch up on some rest also.

I will check in tomorrow....
Old 10-08-2007, 11:01 AM   #7  

Good Morning...

Just a quick check in today. Need to work out before going to work. Not feeling up to it, but will feel better about it afterwards.

WI today. Exactly the same! At least I didn't gain, so I am happy about that.

I'll pop in later girls! Off to do some Tae Bo!
Old 10-08-2007, 11:54 AM   #8  

Back to track my exercise:

30 mins. w/Billy Blanks Tae Bo
7 min ab workout.

Tonight I'll do my walk. Want to see that scale move next week!!

Off for a shower, then breakfast.

How are you all doing w/exercise and eating??

Individuals will be later tonight.

Hugs to you all!
Old 10-08-2007, 01:19 PM   #9  
GmaTo8

It's Monday, again!

Sue - a happy belated birthday to you! Have a nice time at lunch. It's still going to be a hot one today, but cooler temps are moving Wedneday.

Tammy - what did the doc say? Hope you're better. Sally Fields is one good actress, isn't she? I thought she was very believable last night. TY for your comments on my DGDs and the weight loss.

Sassy - a big hello to you!

Marti - you're doing great with the exercise! My video should be here today, but this morning, Makenzie and I spent about 1/2 hour dancing the Boot Scootin' Boogie to a CD I was playing to clean house. That should count, right?

Hello to anyone else reading this.

As I mentioned to Marti, I've been doing some cleaning, and want to clean all the window blinds today. Also need to dust all the ceilings and corners of each room. Gonna play the "house cleaning" cd again. Jumpin' Jack Flash is song #1, lol.

Tomorrow I'm taking off in the morning to go shopping with Mary. We have a brand new Kohl's store, with grand opening bargains. There is surely something in the store I'll be unable to live without, lol.

TTFN,

Last edited by Jane; 10-08-2007 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:18 PM   #10  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

SUE...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to YOU! Hope you had a great day! And your mom continues to improve.

JANE...WTG on the NSV! Have fun at Kohl's tomorrow...I love that store, just don't go often.

TAMMY...hope you get to feeling better soon.

SASSY...CONGRAT'S to DH on the job!

MARTI...WTG with the exercise!

Hi everyone else

Nuthin going on here today. Went to the park and just didn't feel like walking this a.m. Went later than usual and slept in because it was raining so maybe that was the reason, don't know...walked 15 mns and then left, lol. By the time I got home I was all motivated for some reason and had a burst of energy...go figure, lol. So I did 5 miles, woohoo! Really feeling energized now! Getting laundry done today and did some straightening of the house. It was so nice and cool I opened the windows to air the house out and get it cool in here. The temp went from 75 to 71 and it feels great!

Hoping all is well with everyone...have a great day ladies!
Old 10-08-2007, 09:41 PM   #11  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Quick pop in...Hi to everyone. Good day here, nice and sunny. We are supposed to get cooler temps. starting tomorrow. I rode 4 miles today and didn't eat too poorly. (margarita though...) Oh well, Happy birthday to me and tomorrow is the start of another year of my life. LOL
At WI I was still 167 so hope this week & riding will move the scales.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:43 PM   #12  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Jane--Went to the doc today during work and he put me on prednisone and an antibiotic. He said that he usually would make the average person just wait it out thinking that it is viral but in my case, with my crappy lungs, that he would rather be safe and nip this in the bud. I just hate going back on steriods, but it only for 6 days this time. Yes, Sally Field is wonderful. That entire show just amazes me.

Cristina--Thanks for the well wishes!! Rain, did you say rain??....we haven't see that in over 3 weeks!!

Marti--I so need your motivation with exercise. I know that is the reason why my scale is so slow to move on, or maybe it was the piece of pound cake I ate for dinner tonight

Hope everyone is doing well. Watching Hero's now then heading to bed to watch Journeyman. Hopefully the prednisone won't keep me awake. Usually does for the first few nights. Once I get over this cold, I gotta kick the exercise into high gear. Nighty night all!!

Last edited by sz2atheart; 10-08-2007 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:57 AM   #13  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Morning ladies...

TAMMY...hopefully you get to feeling better soon! Yeppers, I said rain! We had a downpour yesterday morning. Just enough to water everything and we need it. Have more coming this weekend supposedly. You know how the weather changes from day to day, lol. Or should I say minute to minute.

SUE...hey, it was your bd and you deserved that margarita, lol! Woohoo to the 4 miles!

Hi everyone else

Nothing much on the agenda today. Staining more, hoping this will be the last of them to finish off the top. Then we just have the side to do and we will be done! Guys are supposed to come and stain the fence this afternoon as well, may be tomorrow. Too much fenc this time and I am not in the mood for staining another fence. They power washed it yesterday so we will see. Kind of hope they don't come till tomorrow so I can get the wood stained. While the one side is drying I will do a walk on the treadmill, 2 miles, ride the bike and do some weights. Can't do too much of the weights because it hurts my wrists...don't need them to be a pain for me. Anywho...

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 10-09-2007, 11:58 AM   #14  

Smile

Good Morning Ladies

Got my morning workout done. I find Billy Blanks workouts to be good and sweaty! Will walk this evening. I've been able to have energy before work and able to sleep well at night. Exercise is always good.....when I do it!

Keeping portions in control and not snacking on junk. I've been snacking on Almonds, which is nice since I don't eat much of them, just enough to help curb the hunger. (about 10 of them)

So I think I'm doing alright.

Before I do individuals, let me apologize first for not going back to the previous thread to catch up w/everyone....I'm too far behind.

Tammy--It's been hard to get any motivation out of me lately! I felt so burnt out from work, but my scale wasn't really moving and I know I want to see a difference, so I felt like I NEEDED to get moving. Hopefully I can keep this up. I've been setting my alarm clock an hour and a half earlier just so I can exercise.

Sue--I'm happy to hear that you had a good birthday. You're doing fantastic w/your biking. (Love the new bike by the way!!) and a Margarita isn't going to hurt. How is your mom doing? Still having good days? Keeping her in my thoughts.

Cristina--I think once we get that first 10mins or so of moving...the feeling of dread kind of goes away and the motivation comes in and takes over. 5 miles is fantastic!! How long does it take to do 5 miles? I need to eventually up my miles.....just don't know when I want to do that. I'm comfortable w/stopping after 30mins!

Jane--Boot scootin' around the house definitely counts! And also...all that cleaning...that's not easy work mind you. You're still getting exercise. You'll have to tell us what you think of the video when you get it.

Sassy--What wonderful news!! I can't remember all the details (other thread) but I'm so happy to hear that good news came your way after the disappointment. You must be dancin' around after that!

Hello to everyone I have missed. Hope you're having a great day.

I need to clean up and make some breakfast. Then head off to work a bit early.

Ok...Off I go. You all have a good Tuesday!
Old 10-09-2007, 02:38 PM   #15  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies,

Cristina - the new Kohl's is so clean looking. I got a Christmas tablecloth, in the 60x118 size. The biggest I can usually find around here is the 102" leghth which is too short for my 8 foot table, with the leaves in. Yikes, you sure don't want to hurt your wrists! Sometimes mine hurt from typing at this keyboard too much.

Sue - hi!

Tammy - hopefully the meds are kicking in by now, and you're feeling better. One thing I meant to say about Sally Fields in "I like her, I really like her!" Remember her speech at the Oscars?

Marti - grrrr, I thought I'd get my video yesterday, forgetting there was no mail because of Columbus Day. But, yep, I'll let you know how I like it. Funny about the almonds, because I've been having a tablespoon of walnuts a half hour to 20 minutes before dinner each evening. Dr. Oz says that will make me less hungry, plus they (like almonds) have the good Omega 3 fats. So far, it's working well.

Mary and I went to town today, and now I've got to knuckle down and get some cleaning done. I also need to wash some rugs and hang them out to dry.

Food, water, and exercise are all good! I had some couscous and mixed veggies for lunch....mmmmm! The veggies was a mix of sugar snap peas, yellow squash, red pepper, water chestnuts, and carrots. Mary and the gang are coming for dinner tonight, and I'm making a light version of Chicken Parmesan, from the book Best of Cooking Light. I'll let you know if it tastes good.

BBL,
Closed Thread