Old 10-08-2007, 08:08 AM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Default Accountability/Planning/Menus: Oct 8-14

Good morning, 3FC Friends. Please join us in becoming accountable with each other on a daily basis. What are you doing to stay on-plan today? What goals do you have for yourself with your menu, your exercise, your food choice, etc? Let's keep each other accountable and encouraged on our journey to better health and slender bodies.

Yesterday was clean house/laundry day. My house is nice and sparkly today There is just something about a clean house that makes me feel so relaxed and happy. Now, if I can just convince Hubby, the DDs, the three dogs, the gerbil and the bird to keep it this way! Somehow, I don't think its gonna stay this way for long. Since I was so busy and.... burning tons of calories...I took the day off from the treadmill. I did exercise for 6 days last week and I can already see the difference in my stamina...not to mention the looseness of clothes. So, today I will be back on the treadmill for an hour and will continue trying to increase the total calories and distance each day.

Rakel - Eating out is the one thing that almost always de-rails my plan. We usually go out to dinner at least once on the weekends and its usually when we're out shopping or after church. I have a hard time saying no to myself when I want the yummy appetizers or something that is waaaay off my plan. I start to feel sorry for myself if I can't have exactly what I want. Money is tight right now, so we didnt go out this weekend. Maybe that is why I was able to stay on-plan? I told Hubby that I can't go out anymore unless we have planned to in advance and I look the menu up on-line and already know what I will order. And, no appetizers!
CC- I'm so glad that things are looking better for you. I knew you'd come through this.....afterall, look at your incredible success so far!
LaurieDawn - I think your plan to just eat healthier and exercise is a great one. Afterall, our main focus should be our health. Weight loss will most likely be a great side benefit. You had asked about my job....I work for a healthcare administrator (insurance.) I've been working for the company for 15 years. Working from home definitely has its pluses.....and its minuses. I miss interaction with people, but I love the flexbility and being here for the kids. I've always wanted to be a high school science teacher. Who knows...maybe someday.
Cheryl - Yes, you are worth it!

Hope today is a great on-plan day for everyone.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 10-08-2007 at 08:09 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:11 AM   #2  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning all,
after a bad 3 days( food wise), I am back on track. I just finished exercising, and am eating bkfst. I have no excuses for the bad food choices, but it is over and I am back on track.
Bkfst was Kashi go lean crunch skim milk grapefruit juice
Lunch will be 2 veggie dogs and 2 pieces of fiber bread( 190 calories total). dinner.. I am making a greek inspired salad, with some hummus and pita bread.
snacks- fiber one bar, banana, yogurt and frozen berries.
Today will be a better day!!
I hope everyone has a great on plan day!!

cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 02:40 PM   #3  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone. I'm pretty happy with my loss this week. I need to put more effort in and keep the lower numbers coming!! But, we're leaving on Friday and I'll be gone for a week, so I'm a little busy this week. I definitely want to keep on track while I'm gone and that usually isn't a problem when we go hunting, so it should be ok. But... MUST BE VIGILANT! I can't let the week set me back, so I'll be very careful.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 02:55 PM   #4  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Rhonda -- Yeah, I know what you mean! We don't usually get appetizers or desserts either, but we do occassionally. I don't have a huge problem avoiding them because money is usually an issue, but we just dropped $70 on groceries and household items so hopefully that will discourage John from wanting to go out to eat this week. It's hard because we just got some money so he's been wanting to go out a lot. We've gone out to eat like 4 times since we got paid, plus after church yesterday we had a potluck style lunch... I will say that I have behaved myself much more than I would have in the past and have not gained any more weight since The Cheesecake Factory. I guess I should update my ticker, but I'm 285 today and hoping I'll be back to 284 tomorrow!

I HAVE TO EXERCISE TODAY! NO EXCUSES! In a few hours the sun should start to cool of and I think it should be quite pleasant for a walk. I'm thinking about asking John if he'd like to go for a walk with me, then I'll come back and do the DVD workout for 15 to 20 minutes for some strength training.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 04:41 PM   #5  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Checking in! I had a good day foodwise yesterday - could have been the raging headache the second half of the day, but I'll take whatever help I can get! I plan to have another good day today. And I'm getting my meds refilled with the brand name stuff. A good day ahead all in all!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:52 AM   #6  
Masterpiece in progress

Good Morning all,
I hope everyone is doing great......
Rhonda ...Congrats on the weight loss, you are doing great!!
I was back on plan yesterday, whew , it was hard for a few times, but I did good, and was able to eat some skinny cow ice cream ( had enough calories left). Tomorrow is weigh in day, and I probably won't post a loss, but I am the reason why, I accept it and next week will be better. I am going to exercise at 8 am again, and not give up, it is so HOT here!! I don't want to be outside, I am so tired of this heat!!
Bkfst... Kashi go lean cereal.. skim milk, banana
Lunch.....2 smart dogs 2 ww breads and mustard
dinner shrimp with 2 tortillas and a tomato salad
snack.... Fiber one bar, yogurt with fruit. skinny cow ice cream
I can do this! I will not give up.
I hope everyone has a great on plan day!!
cheryl
Old 10-09-2007, 10:15 AM   #7  
Ms Lili

S/C/G: 330/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning. My breakfast this morning was a smoothie - berries, half banana, soy milk, protien powder, honey. Lunch will be baked chicken, mashed potatoes, and cooked carrots. Dinner will be a broiled pork chop with brown rice and a nice cesar salad. I will also drink six glasses of water tod, and get in 30 minutes of walking.
Miss Lili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:27 AM   #8  
Former Quitter

Good morning, Everyone!

Today, I'm re-starting my count down. Yep, I had seven consecutive days of being 100% on-plan and exercising, then I dropped the ball yesterday. I stayed on-plan all day and did my 60 minutes of exercise, but I had an un-scheduled un-planned restaurant meal yesterday evening. I let myself get trapped into thinking that I've been so good and I "deserved" to go off plan. What a bunch of baloney! I managed to not order a marguerita(I really really wanted one!) and I passed on appetizers, but I did order something totally off-plan and I nibbled on my daughter's french fries(my #1 weakness when eating out!) But, no problem. Today, I'm back to 100% on-plan and I will exercise on the treadmill for one hour today.

Nicole - we haven't heard from you since your awesome work trousers NSV...how are you?
MJ - we not heard from you lately....how is vacation?
LaurieDawn - Hope your contemplation time is going well and your work and school responsibilities are coming together for you. Looking forward to hearing from you again.
Diane - Congratulations on your loss this week!
Rakel - were you able to get John to walk with you?
CC - so glad that you're having good days again!
Cheryl - it is very hot here, too. I really struggled with my walk yesterday and my feet are a little swollen..I really think this is because of the humidity.
Lili - So glad you've decided to post with us!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 10-09-2007 at 11:28 AM.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:32 PM   #9  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Great attitude Rhonda! You have a great outlook.

I have to admit that I'm coasting a little bit right now. I am just scrambling to get stuff done before we leave on Friday and I just don't have time for anything. I'm still staying on plan with food, but exercise is hit and miss.

I hope everyone else is doing well!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:46 PM   #10  
Washington, DC

I am new here. I like the idea of a daily check in. I have a little over 100 lbs to lose. Like someone mentioned here, I also have a hard time eating out. Everytime I eat out socially, my plan gets screwed!

My plan today is: B: oatmeal, L: Eating Right meal, apple and some almonds, D: small salad with O&V, small bowl vegetable beef soup (homemade), a Weight Watcher desert.

Tuesday is not a gym day for me, but I exercise all the other days.

I am doing Weight Watchers, and I am also a compulsive overeater, so you may see me in those threads too!

Thanks,
Elaine
ElaineR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:04 PM   #11  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Welcome, Elaine!

Rhonda, good job dusting the restaurant visit off. If I learned anything over the last month it's that it's possible to pick up and keep going after a big slip. And yours doesn't sound remotely like a slip! More a blip.

Yesterday I did well with food again. Yay! I can do this. We all can do this.

Take care everyone!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:10 PM   #12  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi! Sorry I kind of just disappeared for a few days! Vacation has been good so far....struggling w/ making good food choices--we have been doing a lot of visiting family and our schedule has been really weird the past few days. I am not beating myself up about it, nor am I going totally off track--just not doing great w/ choices. The good news is....I have been able to relax!!!!!!! It feels SO good! Tomorrow or the next day I would like to do a little shopping--I really need a couple of new pairs of workout pants.

Not sure what we are having for dinner, yet, but it will be something somewhat healthy. Other than that, we are going to just relax (and watch Biggest Looser) w/ the dogs. Finally....an evening all to ourselves!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:19 PM   #13  
Masterpiece in progress

Elaine and Lili
I stayed on plan again , I am feeling back on track!! I made some spicy shrimp tonight and ate 2 tortillas, and for desert I had 4 oz of ff yogurt with frozen blueberries. I will not eat anything else tonight, I will not go off plan!! Tomorrow I am going to walk after bkfst and exercising, it is supposed to be cooler , I can't wait!!
cheryl
Old 10-10-2007, 07:14 AM   #14  
Masterpiece in progress

Good Morning all!!
I was able to post a loss again today for my weight loss, and am feeling like I don't deserve it( I posted about this feeling in the weight loss thread), I went off plan for 3 days and still lost the same I lose when I am on plan for 7 days , working my butt off, and eating perfectly. It makes me feel guilty.
I am now at the weight I was planning for my Dd birthday on the 31st. I am hoping to be out of the 200's by the New Year.
Today I am going to exercise!! will not give up no matter what!!
bkfst - Kashi go lean crunch cereal,1/2 cup of skim milk, 3 oz of grape fruit juice
Lunch - 2 smart dogs and 2 pieces of wh wheat bread with mustard
dinner-- I am making pasta e fagiole ( pasta and beans ) , I don't know if I will be eating it, I am deciding still.
snacks--- Fiber onebar, yogurt with fruit, ect..
I can do this!
I hope everyone has a great on plan day!!!!!!!!!!!!
cheryl
Old 10-10-2007, 07:30 AM   #15  
Former Quitter

Good morning, Everyone

Elaine!

Yesterday, stayed 100% on-plan and did my 60 minutes on the treadmill. The scales are showing an increase of 1/2 pound since yesterday morning. Argghh! I am so sick of the 230's! I've been in the 230's since July 30th and I'm ready to move on. I have been staying on-plan with Southbeach, but its time to add calorie counting, too. I may be eating too much of the on-plan foods. Hopefully, this can keep my weight loss going and I can avoid a stall.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!