Old 10-04-2007, 02:06 PM   #1  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy Depressed--Had to go shopping for clothes

I am so down and depressed. I had to go get some new clothes today cause I just didn't have any. I hate having to go to a fat store to buy stuff. And even the fat store you have to dig and hunt for a frigging size to fit you because all they mostly carry are 14-16, 22/24 stuff. So I ended up finding ONE single pair of pants that I could wear. And three shirts that I didn't even like.

I have been working so hard with eating well and stuff and just am fed up with being fat. Just so frigging sick of it. I want results NOW, I dont want to wait. I just had to vent.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:08 PM   #2  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Mug,
I understand how bad you feel, I have been there. You can use this as a great motivator, loosing weight to fit into clothes. Just imagine fitting into a size 20, or 18........ and I can tell you I never believed that I would wear an 18,but I am, and I know if you stick to it you can too. You have lost 24 lbs so far, soon it will be 30,then 35...ect...ect.. I know you can do this!!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:26 PM   #3  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

You're doing great so far! We're more or less in the same spot, so I can definitely relate. Right now I'm trying to hold off shopping for clothes until I'm down to a 22 again, because I have some 22s, but not much. Most of my things are in 24s. I've been wearing too-tight clothing for awhile now... it's all starting to fit better now, but I know it may be awhile before I really drop to a comfortable 22 and not a *suck my belly in the whole time and never sit down* 22 :P
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:26 PM   #4  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

((HUGS)) I have been through it all. I always get depressed after shopping.

I now shop at Penningtons. It's my favorite place to shop, because the clothes are so stylish. I've also been told about a place called Addichanelle (spelling?). I haven't been there yet, but the clothes I've seen some coworkers wear are young and stylish - perfect for either casual or business wear.
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:47 PM   #5  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Mug
You need to go to a different store. The stores around here that are for larger woman don't even have those sizes 14/16 pants 18/20 shirts. As a matter of fact 16/18 pants and 22/24 shirts are the smallest you can get in the store. The sizes start going up from there. Trying to find a selection of those smaller sizes 16/18 and 22/24 is hard, the stores just aren't set up for the smaller size large woman customer. I guess they figure you can find those sizes at walmart.

Please please don't get discouraged. I know it is hard. Many of us aren't taking weight off very fast. We want it off now. Just keep in mind. It might be coming off very slowly but it will stay off. Because you have changed how you are eating. I have days just like you are having. I have to keep telling myself. I have less to lose today than I did 5 months ago. I have less to lose today than I did 5 months ago.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:49 PM   #6  
FatCat

S/C/G: 270/244/135

Height: 5'2

I feel this!! I hate fat shops too, all the clothes look the same. Same style. I get so tired of LB clothes because I don't care for their patterns and their necklines are always too low for work. I do like their stretchy dress trousers though.

I was looking online at some clothes that I can't wait to buy when I fit into normal sizes again. *sigh* Can't wait
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:50 PM   #7  

Mugs...I don't know what size you are wearing, but I struggle with finding clothes as well. You know what though? I sure don't mind seeing a size 26 at Walmart and thinking "Thats too BIG!!". They never had any of that size when I was wearing/cramming myself into it thats for sure! I am wearing 22's there and they never have more than 1 or 2 pairs.

I am not buying *alot* of clothes as I am still losing, but I do need to look like I am not a street urchin, so I do buy a few things that I can mix and match with. I find stuff at Target alot. I bought a pair of their cropped chino's off the clearance rack (size 24 at the time) for $4.98. I also got a skirt in that same size for $6.99. Can't beat that for brand new stuff. I also have hit the LL Bean outlet when I am in Maine visiting friends and just last month I got a pair of their cropped chinos for about $15. They do carry plus sizes there. I needed a new barn coat as my 3X that I could not button last fall could hide a small child under it now. Last time I was at the outlet they has TONS of 1X and 2X stuff and hardly any 3xs that I could squeeze into. This time the opposite was true. Go figure!

Also, I wear different sizes depending on the brand. Focus on the fit and not the number on the label. That helps me alot too. Another great place to look for transitioning clothing is Ebay.

Give it time, stay on plan and before you know it, you will be complaining about all the big sizes and nothing to be had in your new smaller size!! Won't that be something?!?!

Good Luck!!

Last edited by Torister; 10-04-2007 at 02:53 PM.
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

I don't think there's anybody here who hasn't stood in a Lane Bryant-type store and tried not to cry in a dressing room. It's such a moment of truth.

But there's a big difference between standing there knowing you're only going to get bigger and standing there knowing you're on your way down. You're on your way down! So it isn't as fast as you'd like, it's still the right direction. Your days of buying crap you don't really like are numbered.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:53 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin41 View Post
Your days of buying crap you don't really like are numbered.
RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Torister; 10-05-2007 at 07:06 AM.
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:20 PM   #10  
Rennie

I have only been in a Lane Bryant store one time.

Marceille
They forget to put tops on the shirts. Not all woman want the cousins to be falling out all over the place. lol

Last edited by Shy Moment; 10-04-2007 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:42 PM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh how I can relate to you. BIG TIME. Clothes shopping was a horror for me. Besides my health, the clothing situation was probably one of the biggest motivators for me to lose the weight. I simply couldn't take it anymore. And luckily, with proper eating and exercise - one doesn't HAVE to take it anymore.

Stick with a good plan Mug, like glue, and before you know it, not overnight of course, but sooner then you'd imagine possible, shopping for clothing will be a joy.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:16 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

I hear ya Mug! I'm fitting into some tight 18's, some 20's at cheaper stores and it's SO hard to find the right sizes and then trying to find something that looks nice is even harder. Does anyone remember some years back when the ONLY thing in the Walmart store for plus sized females was Disney and Bugs Bunny T-shirts--SERIOUSLY that's all they had!

Can I tell u all about an awful shopping experience I had years ago? I had just met my future husband and he took me out of town for a Dr's appointment. We were comming home and my period started. Of course I was wearing beige pants and had bled all through them. Wouldn't of been that big of a deal but I had to dress up for work that day. Well, I called work and told them I'd be a little last, see that pair of pants was the only dress pants I could fit into so I had to go to the store and pick up a new pair. I figured I'd be maybe an hour late for work--guess what. . . .it took me between 2.5 - 3 hrs to find a pair of pants that would fit. At the time I was wearing a very tight size 28 and it was before Fashion Bug, etc. had the extended plus size section. Of course I had period bloat too. I remember crying in front of my future husband who I had only met two weeks prior and pouring my heart out to him about how awful the whole situation was that I couldn't find a pair of pants. I went to 4 different stores before I found a pair of pants that would fit. They were hideous! I remember I could barely fasten the button and it looked like it was going to pop off at any minute.

Even more mortifying I had told my supervisor over the phone I'd be late because of my period starting and then when I was much later than I thought I'd be I then had to explain that I was so fat that it took me much longer than anticipated. I was so dumb, I should have just called off work!!!!

Bad memories like that do keep me motivated though to stick w/what I'm doing now. Keep your chin up and don't give up. In the end it'll all be worth it Mug!!!!!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:43 PM   #13  
MamaSam

S/C/G: 280/200/150

Height: 5'7"

Whew can I relate to this!!! For years, when I have gone shopping for clothes, I always said, " I may be fat, but I do have some taste!!" It's as if the clothing designers automatically assume that if you are large you have no sense of style!

And I also agree about LB.. way too low cut!!

Samantha
MamaSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:49 PM   #14  
Rennie

Mama
You are so right. Cartoons or big flowers or horizontal stripes. Now, do you really think someone who is over weight wants to wear horizontal stripes.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:57 PM   #15  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torister View Post
Last time I was at the outlet they has TONS of 1X and 2X stuff and hardly any 3xs that I could squeeze into. This time the opposite was true. Go figure!
LOL, this always happens to me too. It's like the world is gaining and losing weight right with me.

I actually like LB's clothes a lot! I've bought things from target and walmart before but they always fall apart.

Last edited by rakel; 10-04-2007 at 09:58 PM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote