Old 10-04-2007, 04:52 PM   #1  
getting healthier!

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5'6

Default New York Girls! Lets Do It!

Hey there, my name is Jen from NY and Id like to get a support group started. Ive started and stopped my weight loss journey so many times. But at least I know Ill never quit. One day Ill get it right. Anybody else ready to get it right for the final time. Im also a "biggest loser" freak. So anyone wanna chat?

BrodeyAmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I'm an upstate NY Fat Chick & I don't always remember to watch the Biggest Loser but would love to join your Support Group! Go Yankees!!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:20 PM   #3  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I am not officially a NY girl anymore as I recently moved from Nanuet to Greenwich, CT. However, I am very excited to share my healthy restaurant find with a local. Have you ever been to Marigrills in Nanuet? It is by the Nanuet mall and they have this great menu option where you can actually order your meat by the ounce. I miss their place so much. Their website is www.marigrills.com.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:16 PM   #4  
getting healthier!

hey mothermavis! ill let you slide on the biggest loser thing this week but not anymore. lol welcome!

hey nancy!! im in that area all the time and ive seen Marigrills but have never been inside. maybe ill try it sometime. what kind of food is it?

So i just started going back to lucille roberts and taking there classes. they are so amazing. today i took belly dancing which was fun and easy, but i stayed for the next class (butt and gutt) and i almost fell over. my face was like a tomato. but it'll get easier with time.

do you guys go to a gym ? walk outside? do tapes?

Old 10-04-2007, 11:01 PM   #5  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Jen - It is kind of high end fast food. They do grilled meats in either sandwiches, wraps or salads. The thing is that the owner is CIA trained and so everything is very nicely flavored/spiced.

I work out at a gym in my company's office building, which is in Rye Brook. I used to drive past Lucille Roberts all the time, but since I had the gym in my building I found that really easy. I also joined Planet Fitness as a backup gym since it is only $15 a month and open 24 hours during the week. The thing I find ironic is how both that gym and NYSC are right next to the Nanuet bakery! I hated smelling the delicious bread aromas when coming out of the gym. I think they are in league with each other. You workout so you feel like you deserve to eat something, or you eat something and feel like you need to work out.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:16 PM   #6  

Jen- I walk outside as time allows and plan to begin Couch to 5K asap. I had surgery 9/13 and have not been cleared to return to normal activities yet, hopefully next Wednesday!! I used to go to a gym but I'm married with two teens, one in college and one in HS, my husband gets oow at 2:30 and I don't get home til around 6, and DS plays football and basketball so the gym did not work for our family life. The one in our area has n showers, so was a have to go after work thing...

When I go back to work (hopefully next week as well) I plan to resume a walk at lunch and start running after work. I am also trying to use Exercise TV for some new videos.

I am up near Lake George and Saratoga, looks like both of you are downstate?
Old 10-05-2007, 08:58 PM   #7  
getting healthier!

Default Planet fitness....

hey guys, how you doing today. i dont know if you guys watch the yankees but OMG they are being attacked right now with bugs in cleveland. lol noone can play right cuz they have these flying ants all in there mouth and eyes. its crazy. anywayz.

i used to belong to Planet Fitness and I hated it for many reasons but one of them was that some mornings they would buy bagels and cream cheese and other days they would order like 10 pizzas. they would leave it out for anyone to take. I was like "what kind of motivation is this?" lol and i so know what you are talking about with the bakery smell. its so tempting.

mothermavis-- hope all is well and you get back to your job and exercise soon. ive been to lake george like 3 or 4 times. its very nice around there. im like 35-45 min from nyc.

so today i got stuck at work late because this lady came late to pick up her dog. (im a pet groomer) and as i went to get the dog out of the cage it pooped everywhere and pissed all over the floor. which delayed my day even more. plus it pissed me off. lol so when i got home i was exhausted and i just ate and watched some tv. yesterdays workout made me sooo sore, so a lil rest was good for me i guess.

hope all is good for you guys this weekend, keep motivated.

Old 10-06-2007, 11:56 AM   #8  

I usually watch the Yankees, but last night younger son had a football game in a town and hour and a half away from here, so we did't get back til after midnite. I read about that in the paper this am though, talk about home field advantage....

The food at the gym thing would have sent me over the edge, there are some places you should not have to deal with all the temptations...

have a great weekend both of you...
Old 10-07-2007, 04:14 PM   #9  
banned

hi guys oim on li ny and im a bl freak too! that epi where kim met jill i played that scene over and over!
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 10:02 PM   #10  
getting healthier!

andreaphilip3??? lol do you remember me? we used to talk on here a long time ago. how are you doing?

hey guys, just got back from a long weekend in the poconos. i did pretty bad. but enough about that, ill do better this week.

hows everyone doing?
Old 10-09-2007, 01:52 PM   #11  

D### Yankees!!
Old 10-29-2007, 05:22 PM   #12  
banned

hey brody!

im sorry it took so long for me tro get bk here but i havent come on the board in a while bc the daily thread i was on kinda died and now in need of a another support system. I dont remember you...i wish i did! but maybe some of it will come back? im sorry you had a bad week hope this one isbetter for you.
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote