Old 10-03-2007, 06:50 PM   #1  

Height: 5'10

Default so every few weeks...

I have these random bouts of depression. and they usually get deleted on this board. and im having one right now because i still havent seen any improvement in my weight, im pretty much broke (only have 100 dollars that i saved from my last job), i lost the only job i could get @ 15, and did i mention im gaining weight by the day?

I want to start modeling because im 5'10 and am told i have to face for it. I could really get out of a rough spot for everyone if i did but once again, my weight is holding me back. I just moved to florida barely 4 monthes ago and im just pretty stressed out about everything...

so i dont really know what to do.

I was wondering, "hypothetically" (cough), lets say i didnt eat anything but oatmeal in the morning all day for maybe 2 monthes or so. i know my metabolism would slow down but what if i drunk green tea as well? every hour or so? lots of water and chewing gum. would that keep my metabolism in check?

Basically what im asking here, and i know this isnt the best, but whats the best way to keep my metabolism in check without actually eating? i know this sounds pretty bad but its like the only thing right now that i think would help "hypothetically and all" me keep my mood in check.

so it would go something like this

Breakfast- 1 gallon of water
big bowl of oatmeal
a multi vitamin

ALL day i would be drinking water.

back from school- green tea, water, water

maybe a calcium supplement.

dinner- water water BIG pitcher of green tea

oh im exercising 30 minutes a day.

basically my goal is to drink 2-3 gallons of water a day. Im actually doing this more to gain control over my eating if anything. and shrink my stomach. all this stress is making me over eat. so as much as some of u think im obsessed with gaining weight, i hate gaining weight, but i hate more that i cant even stop myself from eating. that sucks

anyway yeah..

oh and did i mention i weigh 147 now (almost 150?) geez if i keep going at this rate, i will be over weight. I cant believe just last year i was MAINTAINING 125.

gosh i feel like everyone on this board is so much stronger then me and im just so weak. u guys, even though im at a "healthy" weight (w/e that means) you guys are doing soo much better then i am. it sucks that the only thing that works for me is not eating much at all but i guess its what i choose.

wish me luck. i think this may actually work out because its inexpensive, simple and easy to follow.

just until i can do something better anyway... like find a job to pay for healthy food and stuff. sucks when your parents lose their job, thats for sure.

EDIT: u know what i realized, they have journals on here for this kind of stuff. LOL well now i know

Last edited by sweetlovin; 10-03-2007 at 06:54 PM.
sweetlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:09 PM   #2  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Please don't eat this way! It's not the way to lose weight. You need a good balance of protein, carbs and fat.
Believe it or not, you need to eat to lose. If you continue a diet with only this amount of food, your body will go into starvation mode and you will not lose weight. You shouldn't have any less than 1200 calories per day. Green tea will not save your metabolism.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Sweetlovin-- hang in there, focus on the positives in your life (what are the good things??), and PLEASE, PLEASE... you gotta eat more than a bowl of oatmeal a day!!!

You probably know this logically, but I think you are making decisions with your emotions right now. Eating such a very little amount will do nothing but HARM your health and HARM your efforts for weight loss. Your metabolism will slow down, and your body will FIGHT to hold onto every single little calorie and fat cell.

Your plan is actually dangerous, and I hope you can rethink this and come up with a healthier and more reasonable plan. Good luck to you!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:16 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiberlover View Post
Please don't eat this way! It's not the way to lose weight. You need a good balance of protein, carbs and fat.
Believe it or not, you need to eat to lose. If you continue a diet with only this amount of food, your body will go into starvation mode and you will not lose weight. You shouldn't have any less than 1200 calories per day. Green tea will not save your metabolism.
I know. I just can't do it

The more i try to do things healthy= the more i fail

and i can't help thinking that last year i barely ate anything and was able to maintain a low weight for over a year! (regardless of the metabolism thing) I cant help thinking thats just the best way for me to go.

I had a few side effects (lost my period, caught a virus, was cold all the time, weak, slightly brittle, thin face, dizziness) but i keep thinking about the good ol' days and how i didnt even have to worry about this stuff. I feel like i was better off...

I may be an emotional eater, or i may binge. but the though of me eating healthy just makes me eat more! and i really dont know what to do. i think eating healthy in my enviornment is close to impossible. and i give up trying.

im young. I can wait until im 18, able to afford a healthy lifestyle/have a job and car and be able to do this the right way but for now, this is all i can do.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:18 PM   #5  

i mean think about it, if you were able to stay slim for OVER A YEAR by eating idk 500 calories (i think that was the average amount) and MAINTAIN IT FOR A YEAR. wouldnt you be tempted to go back to that? dont u see where im going a bit?
especially when u try eating healthy, it makes u GAIN weight?

i guess thats why im so screwed up... because it actually worked.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:30 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Yeah, hon, but see, it didn't work! It didn't! Because here you are now, right? And it's not because you messed up eating healthy. Be honest now--there were some bad choices in there. And what's more, you were SICK. It's not normal to have those symptoms. That's ILLNESS. No one wants that.

You say you can't succeed eating healthy--well, experience suggests you can't succeed eating nothing but oatmeal. Think about it.

Do some research into nutrition. You really do need to have a balance of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates to be healthy and stay at the correct weight. Don't mess yourself up further with weird food ideas.

Do you have any support at home for eating reasonably? Do you live with your family? Can you talk with your mom about food? How about someone at your school, or at your church?

I hope you'll find a way to get the right foods.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:47 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Yeah, hon, but see, it didn't work! It didn't! Because here you are now, right? And it's not because you messed up eating healthy. Be honest now--there were some bad choices in there. And what's more, you were SICK. It's not normal to have those symptoms. That's ILLNESS. No one wants that.

You say you can't succeed eating healthy--well, experience suggests you can't succeed eating nothing but oatmeal. Think about it.

Do some research into nutrition. You really do need to have a balance of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates to be healthy and stay at the correct weight. Don't mess yourself up further with weird food ideas.

Do you have any support at home for eating reasonably? Do you live with your family? Can you talk with your mom about food? How about someone at your school, or at your church?

I hope you'll find a way to get the right foods.

Jay

Yeah i guess your right. I just really need help. I feel a bit hopeless right now. Everything ive tried has been a failure. ive actually tried to put my mind into losing weight somewat healthy but have failed a lot. like A LOT. miserably lol

I mean everyone in my family is trying to lose weight. I dont feel like I have anyone who i could talk to about this. They all think im crazy or just being my "normal self" which i guess is what they expect from me.

I am just going to do this for now with the notion that its not going to be long term, and that I will eventually return to eating healthy in the long run. Just a temporary thing... If i lose my period again, ill know ive taken it too far.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:49 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Height: 5'5"

DO NOT drink that much water!! Too much water can kill you! Instead of starving yourself, have you tried exercise to maintain your weight? I didn't read anything about exercise, so that may be the route to go. Instead of obsessing on how much you eat (or how little you eat), you need to focus on eating the right things and exercise! I have a tendancy to binge, now that I can openly admit that, I try to journal instead of eating.
Don't be so hard on yourself, you don't really want to be sick again do you?
drake3272004 is offline   Reply With Quote