South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 09:44 AM   #1  
No more!

S/C/G: 315/287/175

Height: 5'7"

Default Looking for a place to belong

Hi, I've been visiting the 3FC site for a couple months now but haven't really settled into a spot where I'm "in the loop". I have chosen to do the South Beach Diet so this seems like the best place for me.

I'm in Northern California, two girls ages 10 and 7. I have lost 30 lbs so far since July 15th and just returned from a two week cruise in Europe where I lost the last 6 of that 30 due to all the freakin' walking you do while in port.

Looking forward to chatting with all of you.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:55 AM   #2  
Michael Ann 1973

Hi Cinna,

Welcome to the family We are so glad you decided to join us. We are a fun bunch and always enjoy new playmates.

I look forward to getting to know you,
Old 10-03-2007, 09:56 AM   #3  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Welcome to the beach!

Old 10-03-2007, 10:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

to the beach, Cinnabon! (Great name, by the way!) We're glad to have you here! Check out the daily thread. It can seem overwhelming at first, but it really doesn't take any time at all to just jump in and become part of the group.

on the 30 lbs lost! What a wonderful accomplishment!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 10-04-2007 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cinnabon! I love your username, too, it reminds me of one of my favorite foods.

Congratulations on losing those 30 lbs! How did you ever manage it while on a cruise? I envy your willpower and think you'll be very successful on the Beach! We look forward to having you join in with us!
Old 10-03-2007, 04:16 PM   #6  
No more!

S/C/G: 315/287/175

Height: 5'7"

Default Thanks for the warm welcome

I saw a couple questions/suggestions in your replies:

I am on the South Beach Diet - love it, never felt better! Great way of life and my kids are learning to eat healthy.

I will check out the daily thread to stay connected.

I have a question: when you lose weight do you think your bones re adjust? I have a dr. appointment this Friday for some test results basic stuff; but I've been experiancing pain in my lower back for a while now and today while walking, heard poping ever time my left leg took a step....freaky!

Have any of you experianced things like that?
Old 10-03-2007, 04:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

I definitely believe that with weight loss comes a lot of relief with back/knee/ankle pains. I think that I'm putting a lot of unnecessary stress on my bones by carrying all this extra weight. Getting rid of the weight will probably make a big difference in my pretty regular back pains and my sometimes knee-pains while working out.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:26 PM   #8  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Welcome to the Beach Cinna!!!

My bones are cracking right now also by I know it is from Arthritus and the storms that are flying through here right now.

Glad you have a doc appointment and can ask him. We can let you know what is happening with us and how we have changed but only your doctor can help you decide if what is happening with you is a good thing or not.

Congrats on what you have lost so far and good luck on your continued weight loss journey.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:51 PM   #9  
Jenny

S/C/G: 319/309/150

Height: 5'4

cinnabon! I'm pretty new myself but these ladies are really good at being supportive. I find the recipe section really useful as well cause I get bored real easily!

It's good to see you on the beach

PS Congrats on your 30lbs loss!
Old 10-03-2007, 05:11 PM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

HEY Cinnabon, welcome aboard! This place is awesome. You'll make some great friends here, and have questions answered.

As for weight-loss and creaking, popping, pain, etc.... I can't really say. I've lost 37 lbs but over 3 years so it's been very gradual. I typically blame my creaking/popping/pain on my fibromyalgia, playing sports when I was younger, and just plain getting old. (I know I'm not old, shut up, I just feel it sometimes.)

Let us know what the doc says!
Old 10-03-2007, 05:15 PM   #11  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

My knees hurt and pop all the time due to a car accident last year, where I was hit head on and pushed ontop of a fire hydrant. (It was a Ford Explorer vs. my little sunfire, and I didn't win. ) I've found that as long as I stick to walking for my cardio and stop trying to jog or jump rope, my knees are painfree. I get ambitious and try running every week or so and then the pain kills me for a few days until I forget and run again.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:46 PM   #12  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to the forum! We lived on Beale AFB for two and a half years and had a great time exploring around northern California. You probably saw Megan's from Sacramento, also!

Hope your doctor's appointment goes well and you can figure out the source of your poppings. It's never good to hear noises coming from your joints, huh?!

Thanks for joining us!

Kara
Old 10-03-2007, 07:27 PM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

I just realized you're from Northern Cali, Cinna! What a beautiful part of the country!

Kara, I visited a friend at Beale AFB in June of 1999. Nice base! He's been all over the world since then, and he and his family are BACK at Beale again now. Wild!
Old 10-03-2007, 08:27 PM   #14  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Did you see the cows on base? That was my favorite part of our time there! The cows and the turkeys that liked to roost in the tree in our front yard. That was wild!

Kara
Old 10-03-2007, 08:40 PM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Honestly, I don't remember cows and turkeys. I remember large air planes, and that when he picked me up from the airport, I kind of had to go to the restroom but thought it wouldn't be long until we were where we were going. Unfortunately, he decided he was going to show me northern Cali and drive all over, and by the time I was like "um can we find a restroom?" we were halfway up a mountain or something and there was nothing until we got to the bottom on the other side. Have never had to go so bad in my LIFE!

And we went to Six Flags but I didn't remember sunscreen so I got FRIED. I was so burnt that I blistered really bad and couldn't move for 2 days and he spent the rest of my time there putting aloe on me because I couldn't raise my arms to do it myself.

Honestly looking back, it doesn't sound like it was that much fun, but I really did have a good time!
Closed Thread