Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 09-22-2007, 02:31 PM   #1  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 260/170/140

Height: 5'5

Default SO many down, So many more to go!

j

Last edited by Addicted5915; 10-24-2007 at 12:04 AM.
Addicted5915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 03:06 PM   #2  
hara hachi bu

Nice transition!! You've got beautiful curves!

What did you do to lose the weight?
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 03:40 PM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

You look great! Way to go & keep up the good work.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 04:47 PM   #4  
A Work In PROGRESS

S/C/G: 128/see ticker/116

Height: 5'3"

woop! gorgeous curvy figure!
FlabbyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 05:19 PM   #5  
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantastica View Post
Nice transition!! You've got beautiful curves!

What did you do to lose the weight?
Thank you! well originally, I wrote down everything I ate. and kept it at 1200 calories. I really didn't even care what I ate. Like I would have a candy bar for lunch, and as long as the calories were good I was fine. I was still losing weight that way. I got to under 200 this way. but I decided to try to eat in a more healthy way. So I started transitioning. And its so much harder to write down and figure out calories when you are eating things not out of a box or bag! haha. So I stopped keeping track of calories as much, and then my loss slowed down a ton, but i feel so much better eating better foods. I just need to learn how to limit them. I have a serious problem with binging I need to face. I keep anything that I would binge out of my house. completely. And I will binge on healthy foods! no problem, ha. for example----peanut butter granola bars. bah. I'm not having any for at least a month, because I went nuts on some last week.

I started walking on a treadmill. Then using inclines, and now I've started jogging some. I go to a gym, but find the machines boring and have been trying the classes. I am not too coordinated. So I've started to like spinning or cycling and a slow toning class.

And the biggest---I basically gave up alcohol and fast food and pizza not made at home. or anything that is extremely greasy (wings, fries, whatever). I guess when i started listening to my body, I realized that these things actually made me feel more sluggish. Once and awhile, I will have a couple light beers.

I guess when I look at food options now, I try to think "how is this going to make me feel afterwards?" Energized? happy? Satisfied? or gross? Tired? regretful?

Of course this is only 75 percent of the time. I am working to do it more often.

I will never give up chocolate, though. damnit, it would be good if i could

Last edited by Addicted5915; 09-22-2007 at 05:23 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Wow, you've lost 72 lbs. You are an inspiration!

It sounds like you are very in tune to what your body tells you about the food you eat. That's smart -- I think I'll "listen" and see if my body is telling me some things I should know. Being a big believer in a mind/body connection, I'm sure our bodies do "talk" to us, if we stop and listen.

I totally hear ya on the "eating out of the bag" comment! Now that I'm using www.fitday.com and logging everything to track calories, I can't believe what I used to eat!! Actually I can believe it, all I have to do is look at myself naked in the mirror, and there it is. LOL!

I've also got the binge inclination ... with sweets, chips, or bad foods, if it's in the house, it'll soon be inhaled. No such thing as portion control with me and "bad" foods. So I buy one candy bar or donut per week, or do my banking in person on Fridays (Customer Cookie/Coffee Day).

Good luck on your getting healthy journey!
Ladiibbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:32 PM   #7  
The Witchy Veggie

S/C/G: 297.3/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

I know how you feel about college and binging... just had a weird mini binge 5 min ago (light cheese sticks, baked chips and light dip, and 1 pizza hut cheese breadstick). Tomorrow I will probably be super tired and un-motivated... unfortunately, I have to hit the library and the only way to get there is to walk basically uphill for 10-15 min (ain't it great?).

I opted not to go for the meal plan... buffet + weight loss= a lost cause. I've been doing super good so far, but the past few days have been rough. So I'm back to square 1 and planning out everything I'm eating for the next week.

Girl, you got blessed with curves! Flaunt 'em, baby! And kudos on your success!
gaia2094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:41 PM   #8  
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaia2094 View Post
I opted not to go for the meal plan... buffet + weight loss= a lost cause. I've been doing super good so far, but the past few days have been rough. So I'm back to square 1 and planning out everything I'm eating for the next week.

Girl, you got blessed with curves! Flaunt 'em, baby! And kudos on your success!

Oh man, the buffets! insane. They had this thing called late night in my dorm. The options were cheeseburgers, fried chicken patties, fries, and grilled cheese on texas toast!!! and it was unlimited and from like 7pm to midnight. so terrible!!!!!

that was so good not choosing the meal plan! definitely best way to go, unless it comes with healthy options. Which at my school NOW, there are tons of them. but not when i had a meal plan.

good luck planning out. you can do it!!!! that binge doesn't sound too bad. It won't hurt you!

Thanks for the compliment
Old 09-22-2007, 10:45 PM   #9  
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladiibbug View Post

I've also got the binge inclination ... with sweets, chips, or bad foods, if it's in the house, it'll soon be inhaled. No such thing as portion control with me and "bad" foods. So I buy one candy bar or donut per week, or do my banking in person on Fridays (Customer Cookie/Coffee Day).

:

Thank you for the congrats!!! I KNOW! I can't keep things around either. Its so crazy, but its just the way it is! Whatever works.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:46 AM   #10  
I need Motivation

S/C/G: 135/135/95

Height: 5'0

omg wow ur amazing!! i can definitely see your sexy curve forming!!!! way to go, girl!!! Congratulationss! u inspire me more to get to my goal, today i'm gonna eat healthy!!!
kitkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 01:05 PM   #11  
300+ Chick

Addictted...Amazing progress! Your hard work is looking awesome and please, please keep it up!! Thank you for sharing your success! I am truly inspired!! Way to go!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 01:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 245/188/160

Height: 5'5"

Not to start a fight or anything, but how are you a size 12, especially in jeans from the Gap? No offense, but I'm your height and weigh less than you and I'm a size 16. I'm just wondering how the heck that works.
santamonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:26 PM   #13  
one day at a time

hey---thats okay. I have gotten that before. And thats the only style jeans (actually called long and lean (go figure)) that a 12 has fit me without an atrocious muffin top. But I am in all 14's otherwise.

its in my family---because we have strangely large heads/hipbones/feet. haha. They weigh alot! My mom who spent her 20's looking anorexic, actually weighted 145 at 5'6ish.

Just different body types.

YOU are doing so amazing. Good luck. You will be fitting into those sizes in no time anyways.

Last edited by Addicted5915; 10-03-2007 at 03:34 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:38 PM   #14  
Edge Of Glory

S/C/G: 350/See Ticker/199

Congratulations on your amazing progress! You definitely have amazing curves! *jealous*

I completely understand how your previous method of losing works about how you'd eat maybe a candy bar for lunch so long as you kept your caloric intake in check. This is basically the plan I've always tried to follow and has worked for me before (although I've never been a candy person, I'm addicted to chips and cheese nips). Eventually I'll maybe try to transition into healthier foods, but I know I'll never be the person who eats carrot sticks for a snack.. I'm sure I could *maybe* get down to below 200ish before my eating really becomes a problem, but who knows. We'll see what happens.

Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!
VirgoChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 11:59 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Holy Wow! Thats so motivational!! Thanks for sharing.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote