Old 10-03-2007, 11:10 AM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Default I'm hot!

....literally, I'm burning up! I just took my temperature and I'm not running a fever. I didn't sleep well last night because I was burning up...I even got up to check the thermostat because I just knew that someone turned on the heat by mistake...Nope, 74 degrees. Today, I'm sitting here at my desk with a fan blowing directly on me. I'm just about ready to go jump on my treadmill for my workout and I'm dreading it....because I'm so hot! I've had hot flashes before I started taking my hormones and this feels a lot like that, except I'm not sweating and this is lasting forever. Could my metabolism be running on high? Anyone had this happen? I've been 100% on-plan for two days now and I've worked out each day. Maybe my body is just in major shock!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 11:16 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

I have had days when I have felt really flushed (like you are sick) only you are fine. I find I have those when I am going to have a woosh. I actually get pinkish in my face. Yesterday morning was like that. Hoping it means a weight loss.
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 12:42 PM   #3  
Former Quitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torister View Post
I find I have those when I am going to have a woosh.
Does "woosh" mean a good weight loss? Oh, I sure hope so. That would be awesome!
Old 10-03-2007, 12:46 PM   #4  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Haven't had this happen to me, but I just wanted to comment on the thread title. I thought it meant that you are HOT... as in hottie! I was just going to say, "well of course you are!!!"
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:29 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnl View Post
Haven't had this happen to me, but I just wanted to comment on the thread title. I thought it meant that you are HOT... as in hottie! I was just going to say, "well of course you are!!!"
That's why I thought too, Diane, and I LOVED the thought that Rhonda would start that thread.

I just wanted to note something that may or may not be accurate information - a "for what it's worth" comment. I have done a 3-day "colon cleanse" that consisted primarily of drinking lots and lots of water and a "cleansing drink" while otherwise fasting. I'm not sure how scientifically sound it was, but I had a great experience, as I believe that fasting occasionally is good for the spirit. The point is, though, that the instructions for the fast warned that anyone doing the fast could expect to feel slightly feverish throughout, as the toxins were being pushed out by the cleansing. Again - not advocating the science behind the position, just noting that I did get slightly feverish while doing it. So who knows? Maybe your body is pushing out the toxins now that you're 100% on plan.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:46 PM   #6  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I thought you were talking hot as in sexy hot.
I am sorry I can't be of more help, hopeyou feel cooler soon.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:54 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Does "woosh" mean a good weight loss? Oh, I sure hope so. That would be awesome!
Yes it does. At least for me it has in the past. Fingers crossed...

and *yes* you are HOT in the way the others took it too! LOL!
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:16 PM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I haven't had this happen to me either, sorry, I can't offer you any advice.

But, I will add, I also thought you meant that you're HOT as in sexy. Well, you ARE, but obviously that wasn't the hot YOU were talking about. And I too, thought how cool it was that you were feeling all sexy and stuff and good about yourself. Oh well, maybe next time. In the meantime, try and stay - cool.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:25 PM   #9  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I get like that sometimes. My skin hot to the touch and flushed, but no fever. I don't know what causes it or why it comes (or leaves), but I like the idea that it's my body burning fat! Don't know if it's true, but I like the way you think, Peggy!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:38 PM   #10  
Former Quitter

You guys make me feel good! Hubby tells me that sometimes, but....well....you know...I wonder about the motive!
Thanks for making my day!...and, I'm hoping for a big whoosh!
Old 10-03-2007, 04:33 PM   #11  
Made of Starstuff

I, too, like everyone else thought you meant hottie I'll just pretend that's the way you meant it since I can't give any advice. Yes, yes you are.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:37 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 34% b.f./31.1%/25%

Height: 5'7"

Great minds think alike. I too thought you meant hot as in sexy. I feel alot hotter with each pound lost.
sharonrr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:40 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 307/250

Height: 5'5"

I get hot at night also, my legs are the worst. I have only a sheet and my DH has a sheet and a light blanket. I am past menopause and hot flashes. Maybe someone has the answer for the "night heat".
AuntChuChu is offline   Reply With Quote