Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2002, 02:53 AM   #1  

Thumbs down Looking for some DFW losers! #3

Hope you all make it here ok!

feffyy
Old 04-05-2002, 08:20 AM   #2  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello y'all ~ Just popping in for a moment. Greg's niece is here and so I will be scarce for the next week. I will try to come online a few times while she's here but I can't be sure. If not, I'll be here next Thursday. Have a wonderful week!!
Old 04-05-2002, 08:54 AM   #3  

Good Morning!

I hope that everyone has a good weekend. We have a busy one with a school carnival on Saturday and lots of little odds and ends.

asta
Old 04-05-2002, 09:39 AM   #4  
One day at a time.

Hello ladies!

I'm still around, although I'm so tired from no sleep that I don't know what to do with myself. All 11 puppies are doing great, and their mom is even doing better. She responded very well to the new antibiotics, so the vet. thinks she's going to make a full recovery!

I have started trying to do better with my eating, and yesterday I did really good. I haven't been excercising though, and I know I need to, but I'm just so tired! We have another litter of puppies due tomorrw, and it's this girls first litter so I pray she'll be a good mom! I have another picture for y'all the puppies are 9 days old now, and they're fat & happy!

Feffyy, girl you can't keep doing this to yourself, you do need to accept your weight, and then deal with it one day at a time. I find that if I think ahead, it messes me all up. So just plan for today, and do what you can for today, and worry about tomorrow when it gets here! I know what you're going through, because I'm in the same boat but your family will be happy to see you no matter what! Do this for you, not them! You'll feel so good about yourself when you it for you!

I'm glad to see that everyone is getting back to normal, after the holiday, and being sick. I hope y'all have a beautiful & wonderful day.

Mel
Old 04-06-2002, 02:16 AM   #5  

Angry

Hi girls!

I'm so proud of my self!!!!! I went out today and bought a YOGA set! Not knowing for sure if I would even ever open it.

Well I am proud to say I just finished my first session! This is a HUGE step for me. I have not exercised for about 3 years! I can not believe how out of shape I am right now. I can barley do any of the poses but I know that if I stick with it and keep it up I will feel soooo much better!

My next big step will be to start walking.

I am so glad to see everyone made it here ok. Glad to hear also that everyone is getting back some of their motivation! I KNOW the trick is to STICK WITH IT and keep on supporting each other no matter what!

Zoe, have a great week with the niece! Have fun and get out there and enjoy the nice weather.

Asta, hope you have fun with the carnival!

Mel, I know, I know, I really do need to stop beating my self up over what other people think of me. But easier said then done. I just wish it didn't bother me so much... But I promise I will work on this ok! The puppies are just too adorable! Wish I could hold one! How long does it usually take you to find homes for them? And what if one doesn't find a home? Do you keep it?

feffyy
Old 04-06-2002, 04:03 AM   #6  

feffyy, Glad that you are trying yoga, I have gone to a few classes and some are harder than others. Keep up the good work! The weather has been nice for walking the last couple of days, maybe it will stay that way for a while.

asta
Old 04-06-2002, 08:56 AM   #7  
One day at a time.

I'm doing it!

Two days in a row, I had salads and did great with my eating. But I still haven't gotten back on my treadmill because I've been so tired. I'm finally getting more sleep with the puppies, so things are getting better. I feel great this morning, maybe that feeling will last all day!

Feffyy, I'm happy for you, Yoga will be good for you, I've heard great things about it.
As for my babies, I have already got homes for half of them, and hopefully the other half will only be here 6 - 12 weeks, but they stay here until homes are found. That's the hard part, keeping them for a while and getting attached, then finding them a new home. This is my full time job, so they get lots of love, and socialization.

Our other litter hasn't arrived yet, but mom is about to bust, she's so big. But she won't have 11 anyway, because she's a little bitty thing herself. But, she looks like she's going to have plenty!

Well ladies I guess I better go check on the babies, and get some house work done. Have a good weekend, and think happy thoughts!

Mel
Old 04-07-2002, 11:40 AM   #8  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hello Y'all

I just wanted to pop in for a moment to say hello and say that I miss being online everyday. Our niece is still here and we're having a great visit. We (she and I) did the Fort Worth Race for the Cure 5k walk/run for Breast Cancer yesterday. So, I did get my exercise in. Of course, the eating part of this visit has been bad so I am hanging my head. I am really going to try to be better the rest of this visit (she goes home Thursday morning) but definitely when she's gone.

I am reading your posts but cannot comment right now.....gotta run. As you can see from the time of this post, no church today. don't know why really...... I can't believe that I didn't just go and take her with me. I guess I have no excuse.

Have a wonderfully blessed Lord's Day. Miss me while I'm gone

Me <><

Last edited by Zoe; 04-07-2002 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-09-2002, 02:04 PM   #9  

Angry

Good Tuesday morning everyone!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine was pretty good, spent allot of time with the family, and trying to get back to my motivation again. I have been doing great since the 4th on my eating. Have already taken off the weight I gained back so that is good.

I am going to go and do my YOGA again after I am done here, I really enjoy it. Have any of you ever tried it?

Asta, How did the School Carnival go? Good I hope!

Mel, you sound so busy with the puppies. But I can tell that you really love it. Great job on your eating! Keep going girl!

Zoe, WOW a 5k walk for Breast Cancer That is awesome girl! Have a fun time with your niece and let us know how it went after she leaves ok.

Well better run all! Talk to you soon!

feffyy

265/235/138( 97 pounds to goal )
Old 04-10-2002, 05:47 PM   #10  

Hey all!

the school carnival went well in spite of the rain, I' ve been doing good with the calorie intake, I added vitamins with iron and I think that it helped boost my stamina a little.

I hit a weight lost mile stone! I have now lost 105 lbs in the last 15 months.

Hope that you are all doing well

asta

327/222/177goal
Old 04-11-2002, 03:10 PM   #11  

Where is everyone?

It is a beautiful day in Texas and I was lucky enough to get to play tennis all morning.

Have a good weekend!

asta
Old 04-11-2002, 04:38 PM   #12  
One day at a time.

Still here, barely!

Our new puppies arrived yesterday, and the mom wouldn't take care of them so I'm having to bottle feed them She had 6, but one didn't make it. I'm still checking in, but I just haven't had the time or energy to post! The 5 pups are doing fine so far, but the first week is really touch and go.

The other litter is 2 weeks old now and thier eyes are opening they are so adorable, and their mom is doing much better!

I'll check in when I can, y'all enjoy this weather.

Mel
Old 04-11-2002, 06:14 PM   #13  

Talking

Hi group!

I am having a great week with my diet! I feel allot of motivation and will-power! There has been allot of times when I could of easley found a reason to cheat but I have stayed true! It seems like every morning I wake up I feel that much stronger.

Asta, WOW! WOW! WOW! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THAT IS AMAZING!!!!! I am so proud of you! You are a great motivator! Think about this for a minute. That is 11 and 1/2 10 pound bag's of potatoes!!! Next time you go into the grocery store stop in front of the potatoes and see how much that really is! GREAT JOB!

Mel, why won't the mother take care of her puppies? Is this common in a first litter? We moved into an old farm house once when I was a little girl, and out in the barn there were these two wild black cats that wouldn't let us get close to them. So we spied on them all of the time. They would have litter after litter of kittens and every time we would spy after they had their babies there would be two healthy kittens, and the rest were just kitten heads laying in their nest. It was so sad, and so weird. The mother cats would eat all of the babies but 2. Then when the two healthy kittens were about 7 weeks old the mother cats would chase them off. I use to cry my eyes out. Then one day we saw one of the mothers dead on the side of the dirt road, she had ben hit by a car. She left two little one week old babies behind, and the other mother cat wouldn't take care of them. One was already dead by the time we got to her abandoned nest. So we took the other one in the house and tried to nurse it. But it was to small and ended up dying in two days. They are so fragile. I am sure my parents finally got rid of the other cat because one day she was just gone.

Sorry didn't mean to wright you a book. But what you said in your post reminded me of this. Keep us posted on how the little ones are doing ok! And hang in there you are doing great!

feffyy

265/235/138( 97 pounds to goal )
Old 04-12-2002, 08:32 PM   #14  
One day at a time.

Hello everyone!

I don't have long but I wanted to check in! The new puppies are doing alright so far, but the feeding schedule is rough on me. I'm so give out, that I can hardly move!

Feffyy, I don't know why some animals behave that way with their young, but I wish it didn't happen. The mother to the new pups is out of a female that did the same thing? So I guess she just took after her mom, now I'm bottle raising her pups just like I raised her and her two brothers. Odd isn't it? My other female with pups is doing fine now, and she's a wonderful mom! Kind of make up for the rest. She would feed the little ones for me but I don't want to put to much on her, since she's been sick. I'll just have to do it myself!

Anyway, congratulations Feffyy & Asta for doing so well, and being such a wonderful motivator.

How are you doing Zoe? Good I hope!

Y'all have a good weekend! Be back soon

Mel
Old 04-12-2002, 09:23 PM   #15  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hi Y'all

Our out of town guest is now gone and I'm back on track. I was so, so, SO bad with my eating while she was here, always out and about, eating and eating and eating. Did we just HAVE to take her to all the great spots here in the DFW area. Anyway, I got myself together yesterday ~ even got on the scale. Holy Cow, I was 1/2 pound away from slitting my throat!!! I feel great though, really have been good for 2 days now. We went to El Chico's tonight and I had just a few chips but I had a taco salad which I don't think is TOO bad. The beans in it are high in fiber and I used hot sauce instead of salad dressing. I think that was ok. I'm trying to just cut back instead of saying the "D" word.

Tomorrow is our company golf tournament. We have one twice a year ~ the only time I ever play. So I will be up and out early. It should be fun.

Have a great weekend ~ talk to y'all tomorrow.
Closed Thread