Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 07:23 AM   #1  

Default high protein diets??

do they work?? i have been reading here on this board for a while now and it seems with smaller frequent meals with a lot of protein people seem to keep on track and lose more weight??? I would love to hear the pros/cons with this and is there any guide lines to this as well. btw...i have done ww flex and core too.

thanks
cheryl
Old 10-02-2007, 08:16 AM   #2  
it's always something

Are you referring to low carb high protein diets like Atkins? Or are you referring to diets such as Body for Life that are high protein, moderate carb, and low fat? BFL incorporates smaller frequent meals that have been very successful for a lot of people.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:47 AM   #3  

yes bfl is the general diet i am referring to.. when i do a search it doesn't let me do it. i am not one to post quetions i like to search as much as possible.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:50 AM   #4  
Meg

You might want to check out the Ladies Who Lift forum. There are quite a few former BFLers there and I think some who currently are following the program.

I lost my weight with something similar to BFL, with a little more protein and less carbs. Instead of 40/40/20, I was more like 45/25/30 and my portions were smaller. I also did the mini-meals with protein at each and think that was a big part of my success.

Five years into maintenance, that's still the way I eat.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:59 PM   #5  

thanks meg for your response....and WOW you look great, good for you losing all that weight.

I read your story and I have to say "thank you"
you really inspired me into losing/working out again...

Cheryl
Closed Thread