Old 09-29-2007, 05:42 PM   #1  
Trying or Dying

S/C/G: 327/258/180

Default Battle of the bulge- New Era

Hi everyone,

Once upon a time- a couple of years ago I use to upkeep a thread called "Battle of the Bulge". I am going to try to start it up again so please feel free to join in if you are looking for a daily support group. My plan is to do the following:

Sunday- Startin' Sunday- The day to weigh in let us know what the goals are for the week and what you are gonna do to get there.
Monday- Motivational Monday- Let's talk about why we are trying to diet and exercise. What will change for us in our lives??
Tuesday-Tapdancin' Tuesday- How do we sabotage ourselves? Do we promise to start tomorrow? Do we make excuses for ourselves?
Wednesday- Will to move Wednesday- What are we doing to shake our booties and lose weight!!
Thursday- Tableside Thursday- What have you been eating for the week? Are you following plan?? Got any tricks or tips for the rest of us?
Friday- Fantastic Friday- Success stories and inspirational things in your life that help you stay on track.
Saturday- Survey Saturday- How did you do this week? What was your biggest success and where do you need to improve??

Anyone interested in joining me please feel free to start with me tomorrow by weighing in and if you want to posting that on the board under this thread. Also let everyone know what your goals are for the week. I think this will be a good support group for anyone looking for a home that posts everyday and allows us to gain support from each other.

If this sounds good to you- go ahead and introduce yourself today and join us tomorrow to start this new adventure together.

Last edited by Crime girl; 09-29-2007 at 05:44 PM.
Crime girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 05:47 PM   #2  
Trying or Dying

Default Introduction from me

Okay- I am asking everyone to introduce themselves so here is a little about me.
I am a 36 year old from Nashville TN who is diabetic and overweight and sick of being both. I made a New Year's resolution to lose 100 pounds this year and have so far lost 51 pounds and counting. My goal is to reach my goal weight but to also get into better shape through exercise and to learn how to eat right for life. I want this to be a life change not a diet.

I hope you all decide to join me and create a thread that will help us all reach those elusive goals.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:38 AM   #3  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Default Welcome back!!!!

Heh Crime girl, it's great to have you back with us and I'd love to join you! My only concern is the time difference. If you get the posts (reminders ) up early I can just get a jumpstart on things. If not, I will never remember what day was for what. Of course, if I sign in late in the day I could get you if you post early in the morning....hmmm, any idea what your plans for posting are?

Last edited by redballoon; 09-30-2007 at 07:44 AM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 07:46 AM   #4  
Never give up

Or, you know what, I will just see and then I may just go along with your days, but write them a day later (my days.) That may be best and will also give me more time, something I have sooo little of these days!
Old 09-30-2007, 02:18 PM   #5  
Trying or Dying

Hi everyone !
Today is Sunday so it is weigh in day and goals for the week day.
Not a lot of interest yet in the board but I am going to go ahead and post for a week and see who is interested in jumping in.

Red- Not to make light of your interest- just post whenever you want- you don't have to stick to the days exactly. I am just happy to have you aboard.

Okay- I weighed in and I am starting at 260 and my goals this week are the following:
- No eating out this week- cook at home
- Gym at least 4 times this week - I walk an hour a day
- 30 crunches everyday
- only 1 Coke a day

That is it for me this week- please feel free to join in if you are interested.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:34 PM   #6  
Never give up

HI CG! Well, it's Monday morning here and I'm getting ready to get out to the gym before work. Well, I weighed myself and it wasn't pretty. 72.2 kgs. I'm not going to tell you what it is in pounds. Just I'd like to say that I'd like to be around 60 kgs...I think...I don't know...I've never been there or anywhere near there in recent (and not-so-recent history). Sigh.

Anyhow, I wouldn't have weighed myself unless I had to for this thread so that's a beginning. There's a bit of bloat in there, but not all that much. We'll see how things progress.

My goal for the week (in addition to the more specific things I do on the 21-day challenge thread) is:

1) To put ME and my desire to get healthy and lean first!!!! I will NOT allow other people or other things to topple me from my resolve to take care of me!! Not work, not people at work, not NOTHING!! For the past year, I have gone against so much of what were my usual good habits, merely because I got all swept up by my new responsibilities at work. I think after a year now that I can see where's it heading, this failure to put myself first (something I NEVER had a problem doing) and it's not good. It's scary in fact, because my health is suffering badly. So, although it may not sound difficult, it IS right now and that's something I want to do this week (and forever!) Specifically it will involve, eating well and getting home early enough to get a bit of sleep.

That's all I'm going to say for now. My goal involves a lot of things. "Eating well" is huge. Wish me luck!

Last edited by redballoon; 09-30-2007 at 05:36 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:53 PM   #7  
Never give up

And CG, I DO want to stick to the days because they're fun, doing something different each day, focusing on different things. So, I think I'll just take my cue from you and start thinking about the day whenever you post it, no matter what day it is here. Thanks!

Last edited by redballoon; 09-30-2007 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:56 PM   #8  
Trying or Dying

Red- I am so proud of you for being able to take a hard look at your life and decide to change some things. It is funny - I have been letting my job do the same thing and until you brought it up I really didn't acknowledge it as a problem. I will also resolve to try to do the same thing and put myself first.
I know you already know this but you are a strong woman who can do anything you put your mind to. I have thought about you and your struggles way over in Japan while I have been away and how you keep striving to be the best you that you can. I have taken away that strength from knowing you so keep it up! I believe in you.

Last edited by Crime girl; 09-30-2007 at 09:57 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:12 PM   #9  
Trying or Dying

Okay- talking about not letting work own me and actually wallking away before it is so late at night are two different things. My good mood lasted until lunch and then it was all down hill from there. I ended staying at work until 7:30 and I did not go to the gym. To add insult to injury I stopped at Wendy's on the way home and got a huge burger. What is wrong with me?? SO dissapointed in myself.

Last edited by Crime girl; 10-01-2007 at 09:13 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:41 AM   #10  
Trying or Dying

Good morning everyone!

It is Will to move Wednesday-
I so far this week have not been good going to the gym. My plan is to go this evening after work. I did go Sunday and walk an hour so I need to get into the gym at least 3 more times this week. I have signed up on a thread that is monitoring exercise minutes so that should help. I am fiercely competitive and don't like to not meet my goals in challenges so that should help. Also at work they are giving away pedometers and doing a walking challenge so I am going to enroll today.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Hope to hear from you red- hope you are doing well!
Old 10-02-2007, 08:47 AM   #11  
Never give up

Wait a minute! I'm still waiting for someone to tell me it's Monday and Tuesday and here you're saying Wednesday and it ain't even Wednesday here yet!?!?! Just where are you, CG???

Last edited by redballoon; 10-02-2007 at 08:49 AM.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:57 AM   #12  
Never give up

I want to do Motivational Monday and Tapdancin' Tuesday!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 07:37 PM   #13  
Trying or Dying

Okay work is definitely getting to me- I know now that it is indeed Tuesday not Wednesday..All the days are starting to blend together now..work is killing me. I am however getting ready to leave work and go walk so I will have something to talk about on the "real" Wednesday tomorrow.

Okay- ways I sabotage myself or AKA Tapdancing Tuesday!
I obviously stay at work too long and then when I FINALLY leave like now ( it is 6:40pm ) I am so tired I just go home and eat the first thing I can get into my mouth and just forget about exercise altogether. I also rationalize that I have worked hard and "deserve" to go home and sit on my bootie and eat all night while watching the dumb box. (TV)

Tonight I am going to the gym before I go home and I am going to try something different and try to get up and hit the gym before work tomorrow.
Also- I am going to try to quit making excuse and as Nike says Just DO IT!

Sorry about the mixup Red- how ya doing this week? Hanging in there?

Last edited by Crime girl; 10-02-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:06 PM   #14  
Trying or Dying

Default Update

Okay-
There is good news and bad news...
Good news- I went to the gym after I got off work and walked for an hour. WOOHOO!

Bad news: I was so hungry when I stopped walking that I stopped at Wendy's again and had a huge burger and fries..I pigged out!

So I am excited that I went and exercised but I am also extremely bummed I ate a bunch of crap! So everyone out there- how do I get my act together and exercise and eat right??

Sigh- I am going to bed now!
Have a great night everyone!
Old 10-03-2007, 08:36 AM   #15  
Never give up

CG -- Good work on the gym!!!! Too bad about the eating. Leave it for now. Everything is new and maybe it's just too much to handle. I can understand the being excited and eating. Give it some time. You'll be able to work something out with a bit of time. But congrats on moving that bod!