Old 10-01-2007, 10:20 AM   #1  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Default Let's hear it for the DH's! (or DW)

Hi Guys! I wanted to give a big shout out to my yummy hubby for all the love and support these past 15 years and for loving me tubby and tubbier! hehehe and making me think i'm the most gorgeous woman alive LOL I don't know how he does it, but he does! yay Adrian!

I thought this would be a fun thread! Let's acknowledge the special men or women in our lives who make this journey a little more bearable!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Sweet idea.

I'm 1 week away from my third wedding anniversary. My husband fell in love with me and married me completely fat! Now, he is meeting a Tricia he has never known....it's a LOT of fun! He's a great Christian, husband, father, step-father, provider, comedian, lover, supporter, and friend. I'm a VERY lucky woman!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/219/140

Height: 5'7''

Great thread!!

I want to absolutely give my love and appreciate to my most patient husband who has through all the random crying of nothing will fit me tantrums (what else could they be) all the kickboxing classes he has dragged me too (cause he knows the next morning I will be sad that I did not go) and all the changes he has made to help me achieve what I have on this journey so far.

My Googlebear (hehe) has been everything I have needed him to be, he is perfect for me. I am so grateful and blessed to be able to share my life and know such a great man he is my Best Friend and my companion for eternity.

He thinks I am a and for some reason thinks I am the most gorgeous women (I do think he is a little crazy) I truly wake up every morning hoping that this dream never ends
Hope20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:22 AM   #4  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

I second the notion! My husband is my best friend. He loves me for me......And I love him for that. He has stuck in there with me for 16 years, each year as I ballooned up a little fatter. And he still loves me the same. I want to be with him till I die! He is the best father ever, the best husband, and loves our pets like they were children. Just like me! We surely are soul mates.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:36 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

This is a sweet thread, and my husband certainly deserves some kudos. He is trying so hard to know how to act as I go through all of these radical life changes. He's afraid to compliment me on my weight loss because he never wants me to feel as though he didn't love and appreciate me when I was at my highest weight, but he's afraid not to compliment me because he really wants me to succeed at this and he's proud of what I'm doing. He's not doing this with me, but he tries to plan his most egregious snacks for when I won't be there. He does his best not to complain when I am walking late at night and a child awakes, and he has to take care of her even though he has to get up for work at 4:30. I could go on indefinitely, but the point is that I'm lucky, lucky, lucky, and it's taken me too many years to realize it.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:44 PM   #6  

My dh has been with me through thick and thin (literally) and although he has no idea what weight struggle is, he's never said a negative word about mine. After ten years, he still thinks I'm the most beautiful woman around. My dh is truly my best friend.
sozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:43 PM   #7  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

DH (of almost 29 years) is also my best friend. We tend to gain and lose weight together (although he only gains about a third of what I do). He supports me even when I tend to get obsessive about things (currently diet and exercise). He even joins me in my yoga work out at 5:30 every morning - even if he is working late shift. He is always complimentary about how I look, at whatever weight I happen to be. He is my biggest cheerleader, but isn't afraid to point out when I am going in a direction that is unhealthy - though he always manages to do it in a loving and supportive way. I can't imagine this journey through life without him! He is truly an enormous blessing in my life
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 06:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

My DH is my inspiration. Down over 100 pounds, at the Y exercising seven days a week, trying very hard to eat fiber for the first time in his life. :-) Don't know where I'd be without him - really don't even like to think about it. Couldn't be having the success I am without him.
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:37 PM   #9  
Made of Starstuff

Hope you don't mind me joining in about my boyfriend of 3 years. I only get to see him on weekends, but he's been the most incredibly supportive person in my entire life.

When I started WW & told him I was serious, we went through his place & got rid of things that would tempt me. When he goes shopping for himself, he still calls and asks what fruits & veggies I want on hand to have as snacks. He encourages me when I'm feeling down or unmotivated. He applauds me when I'm feeling proud & healthy. He helps plan activities like walking on trails.

It's not only in weighty issues though. He's talked with me about my going back to school. He's held me as I dealt with friendships & families. He genuinely loves me for the person I am. I could not ask for more.

He recently asked me to marry him, and we're telling our parents the good news this coming Saturday. I can't wait to refer to him as my DH.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:15 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

My Dh.. I can go on and on about him. He is so wonderful. I was heavier than him when we met. I was 200, he was 165. He loved me then and still loves me. Over the past 7 years we had both gained weight. His highest was probably 230 lbs. Mine well.. 307. He NEVER said anything negative to me. He has always loved me and showed me how much he loved me no matter what weight I was. He has lost over 30 lbs and me over 40 lbs. Even at his highest he worked out every single day so really he is my inspiration.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:37 PM   #11  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

My husband must be related to all your husbands lol. I don't have a bad word to say about him. He loved me 22lbs ago. He loves me now. He only worries I will turn into a stick, that he doesn't want. He tells me he would rather I be on the top end of what the doc says is healthy instead of at the bottom end. BUT what I feel good at is what he wants. What more could I want out of a man.

He really liked me at my weight before I started losing weight but knew and understood that wasn't healthy for me.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 10-02-2007 at 01:23 AM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:40 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 375/ticker/275

Height: 5'7.5"

Faerie!!! Congratulations on your engagement! I'm so happy for you hun.
MarinePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:00 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Best wishes, Faerie!!!

Had to jump back in just to let you all know what DH did today.

He dropped in around noon (we live 30 minutes from his office so this is unusual) saying he just picked up our son's prescription and wanted to bring it up while he had it. (Wierd, I know) So, after he leaves I'm studying and I hear his phone ringing (he has an iPhone that I covet!). So I run to the door to try and catch him in the driveway but he's gone. So I run to the kitchen to grab his phone so I can catch him on the road. His phone isn't on the kitchen counter....but there IS an iPhone box with a brand new phone in it...ringing. I answer and say "Ok, my friends are correct, I'm spoiled." He's SO sweet!!!!

PS...love my new phone!!!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:59 PM   #14  

Height: 5'5"

I love this thread. It just makes me feel good.

Congratulations, Faerie! That's very exciting news. And think of how good you're going to look in your wedding dress.

Tricia - I loved your story. What a great way to spring it on you.

My husband wanted to buy me Dance Dance Revolution for the Wii. I wanted it about three months ago - before it came out on the Wii, and he has been looking for it ever since. I asked him to buy me a pedometer instead, but I'm so touched that he has remembered for so long!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 02:21 AM   #15  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

This is a great thread.

Congratulations on your engagement, Faerie! That's really exciting.

My DH is fantastic, and I love being married to him more than anything in the world. I wouldn't trade one day of it. He's been nothing but supportive through my weight struggles. I gained 80lbs in 5 years after we got married and I've never felt like he found me unattractive. He put up with all of my crying clothes shopping trips and just held me while I did cry. One of the things that I completely love is that he has told me every single day since we've been married that I'm beautiful. He says it to me every morning when we wake up. And I can see in his eyes that he really means it, it's not just habit.

Yep, he's a good one. I think I'll hang onto him for a while.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote