Old 10-01-2007, 01:50 PM   #1  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Playing the Sabatoging Self Game

Lately I have been losing weight, then gaining weight, then losing again. Thank You God for tomorrows. I have come to the conclusion I am just going to struggle on weekends. This weekend I put on two pounds. I just have to accept that weekends are going to be harder to deal with cause you are home all day and have access to all the food you want.

I think I may try to plan out every single meal for me on the weekends. I have trouble cause the weekend is when I go grocery shopping and load up for the weeks meals. My hubby always wants to go out to eat too, which is very hard. So.....my plan for this weekend is to have by Friday night a plan ready for Saturday and Sunday. To have breakfast, lunch, and dinner planned out for each day, and stick to it COMPLETELY. I think maybe giving myself so much 'freedom' to snack and graze all day is doing it. Get up eat breakfast and stop eating! Have lunch around 1:00 and stop eating! Wait till around 5:00 have dinner and STOP EATING DAMNIT!

That's the plan. Now to eat on plan and exercise every day this week to undo the frigging fracking two pound gain from this weekend.

THANK YOU GOD FOR TOMORROWS!!!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 235/219/140

Height: 5'7''

I know you can do it mug!!

Weekends are really difficult for me too!! I have been saying "I am going to plan my weekends" and then never do. So how about we work on it together!! I will PM you my weekend Meal plan and then see if we followed it on monday

Also congrats!! You really have been such a cheerleader on this forum and look at all the trials you have overcome and all the weight you have lost
Hope20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:00 PM   #3  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope20 View Post
I know you can do it mug!!

Weekends are really difficult for me too!! I have been saying "I am going to plan my weekends" and then never do. So how about we work on it together!! I will PM you my weekend Meal plan and then see if we followed it on monday

Also congrats!! You really have been such a cheerleader on this forum and look at all the trials you have overcome and all the weight you have lost
THANKS!!! I will look foryour pm....
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:05 PM   #4  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I think having a plan is excellent!!! you need to find what works for you and go for it. When I am going to shop I make a list, and stick to it. Don't go shopping without eating first , carry some water with you or chew some gum. Weekends for you are hard, so you need to make plans to be occupied. I dont' remember where you live but if you tell me, even in a private Pm, I can send you to the right places to do something. For me when I do not get out of the house on the weekends I tend to eat more, when I am more active I eat less, and I am sure most people are the same. Let me know if you need some ideas for activities and I will give you some.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:14 PM   #5  
Core convert

S/C/G: 150/137/125

Height: 5'3"

Mug- snacking is one of my all-time favorite things and my biggest downfall. I go grocery shopping every friday night for the week and i have to admit that ALL i buy is fruit and veggies because if there is anything remotely snack related in the house, i know I have no control.
lmills730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Hey mug - I have a suggestion, too. My husband likes to eat out, too, and I don't like my eating plans to become annoying to my family. I found some places where I can eat on plan and he'd stick with those. Then I just REFUSE to open a menu. My 3 favorites are: Applebee's (Weight Watchers menu - plenty of meals below 500 calories, Chili's - Guilt free menu, and Pei Wei - we split an entree and I order Udon noodles instead of rice).

This is a way of life...so you have to find ways that work for you to live in the real world...and the real world is made up of restaurants and weekends! Good luck...you can do this one weekend at a time!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:57 PM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Weekend grazing is a problem of mine, too. I've thought about doing something similiar, but reading your post makes me want to actually follow through with it this time. Plan my meals for Friday nights, Saturdays & Sundays. I could even plan in an eat-out meal and still be okay. Thanks for posting! I know you can do this ^.^
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:58 PM   #8  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Weekends are tough! It sounds like you have a good plan to try to handle it!!! Good for you.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:50 PM   #9  
FatCat

S/C/G: 270/244/135

Height: 5'2

I have to grocery shop on Wednesday. That way there is really nothing in the house on Saturday and Sunday except what I have planned to cook for those 2 days. I have Tuesdays off and I don't have anything snackable left in the house then either.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:05 PM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Weekends are definitely harder. The kids are home, as is hubby. The scheduele's all out of whack. That's why it's real important to plan it out, just like any other day of the week. And plan it I do. I also allot myself some extra calories on the weekend. That's a big help.

In order to make steady progress, you must get past the weekends. As hard as they may seem. But really, once you get a couple of good ones under your belt, it DOES get easier. You will be thrilled, just thrilled with the results if you stay on plan through the weekend. Come on -you can do it.

I would add some snacks in to your day along with those 3 meals. I personally like to eat evey 2 -2 1/2 hours or so.

You also mentioned that you go shopping on the weekend. Well that's a GOOD thing. Stock up the house with healthy foods, no need to go off plan. Strawberries, pears, apples, fat free yogurt. String beans, cauliflower, butternut and acorn squash. Be creative. There's PLENTY of healthy, low cal foods to be had that are delicious. I just started making applesauce as a treat for the weekend. It's PHENOMENAL. Butternut squash is another new treat around here. I make chicken breasts with lemon, onion and mushrooms - better then any restaurant, as a weekend treat. Taco salad is also a weekend favorite.

As far as going to restaurants, there's almost always a healthy option. Chicken breast, fish - baked. Salads, with no dressing. Or Tricia had some great ideas.

You have to be strong. You have the strength to do it. Dig down deep. It's there and it snowballs as you go along. The more you do it, the more you get into it. The stronger you become.

Mugs, the bottom line is, you've got to set yourself up for success, by having the right "tools" in the house. Good, tasty, healthy foods. You also must change your way of thinking. You have to try and look at this longterm. 7 days a week. Try and figure out what will make you stick to your plan throughout the weekend.

Good luck to you. I KNOW you can do this.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:07 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 307/250

Height: 5'5"

I've been on the weight merry go round until I'm dizzy. I am starting to walk (to work) this week and trying harder to count calories. Maybe this fall weather will inspire me to try harder.
AuntChuChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:57 AM   #12  

Height: 5'6"

I have to echo Robin's suggestion to add snacks in!! I also eat every few hours. The weeks I do best are those that I make sure to do this. My co-workers can't believe I am doing so well as I am always munching on something!

Plan...Plan and then plan some more. You can do this!
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote