Old 10-01-2007, 08:21 AM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Smile Accountability/Planning/Menus: Oct 1-7

Good morning, 3FC Friends. Please join us in becoming accountable with each other on a daily basis. What are you doing to stay on-plan today? What goals do you have for yourself with your menu, your exercise, your food choice, etc? Let's keep each other accountable and encouraged on our journey to better health and slender bodies.

Happy Monday and Happy October!

Today was a great weigh-in for me...I finally was able to move my Christmas Gift To Me ticker. Went shopping this weekend and I tried on clothes for my trip in November. I can almost fit into some nice dress pants in size 22, but I'm waiting until right before my trip to buy pants. Hopefully, lots of inches will be gone from my tummy by then! I did buy a really nice sweater...in size 1X! I started this journey in six 26 jeans and 3X shirts.

For today, my goal is to stay on-plan and do 60 minutes on the treadmill. I havent been on the treadmill since Friday. For this month, my goal is to be on-plan every day and work out for at least 20 days.

Rakel and Cheryl - how are you ladies feeling today?
CC - I miss you!
MJ - Happy Belated Birthday! Love the avatar and the enthusiasm!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 10-01-2007 at 08:49 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:18 AM   #2  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning all,
I hope everone had a great weekend!!
Rhonda-- congrats on the weight loss, that is great!!!

I had a great weekend, even though TOM's began yesterday I hiked for 3 hrs, took of my sneakers and socks and wanded in a river, and felt great, and my blood pressure is finally normal( last year at this time I had numbers that indicated high blood pressure). Today I didn't use the excuse of a women's natural cycle, to slack off, and lie aroud. I did 40.50 minutes on the elliptical about 14 minutes of general exercises and 14 minutes of free weight lifting. Now it doesn't mean I am going to do any heavy house cleaning, I am going to take it a little slower today and tomorrow, but I won't use it as an excuse not to stay on plan or exercise.
So far I have not gained weight, and I am hoping, with my fingers crossed, that I will post the loss the scale is showing, it looks like I am out of the 220's
and I am feeling great!! I never thought I would come this far, every day I struggle with feeling that I deserve this, that I can do it, I will not give up!!
Breakfast was Kashi go lean crunch cereal and almond milk( 1/2 cup each), and a mini banana.
Lunch --?? I am not 100% sure, maybe veggie smart dogs, or tuna..
Dinner --- most likely refried beans , with 2 corn tortillas, sour cream , an maybe 1 hard boiled egg.
snack-- I have some fresh pineapple left, mango, Fiber one bar..
So as you can see I don't plan on messing up!! I am so looking forward to one day posting a weight starting with 1 and not 2!!
Have a great on plan day everyone . Cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:46 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

I didn't want to come here this morning, but that's the time it's most important to come here. So...

Yesterday was not great with either food or exercise. I am also working hard to complete my grant for submission today, so sleep was really low. As a result, I'm back up to what I was at last week's weigh-in. Food - I haven't even logged calories yet, and while I didn't go crazy, I did have two slices of frozen pizza. I also only walked for about thirty minutes.

Rhonda - Just understanding how hard it is for you to lose weight makes me want to will your ticker down. But I can't, and I don't have to, since you are doing such an amazing job yourself. Can't wait to welcome your new slim self to the frozen land in the north.

Cheryl - Great work staying on plan.

Rakel - Hope your blahs have gone away.

MJ - Hope those clothes are fitting even better than you hoped!

CC - Can't wait to hear from you - hope things are looking up. Like Rhonda said, we miss you.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:51 PM   #4  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Morning everyone,

I've been MIA for a couple of days - decided that I'd have a couple of days offline which sounds like a good idea in theory, but not so great in practice. I was OK mood wise over the weekend, just really struggling for motivation to do anything. Then yesterday I went down with a migrane. Fun fun fun. Still a bit shaky this morning, but I'm going to go to work.

I told Mum I was back on the anti depressants which is huge. It took me over 6 months last time to tell her that I was in trouble - we get on all right most of the time, but she has a habit of rubbing me up the wrong way when I'm not well. She was great - thought I did so well to recognise there was an issue now rather than later. She's over this weekend and staying with my sister because it's my niece's birthday - she turns 4. My place is a bit of a mess - untidy but not yucky, if you understand the difference - and I really am struggling to get the motivation to tidy up at the moment. Hopefully that'll improve by the weekend.

Somehow I lost 2 lbs this week. Don't quite know how - I was eating rubbish and hardly exercising, so I don't suggest following that diet. Hopefully things will start improving on that front today.

Take care everyone
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:04 PM   #5  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Just have to admit that I lost a pound, which actually puts me back at what is showing on my ticker. There... I was finally accountable.

Nicole, I'm glad to hear from you. I hope things get better for you very soon.

Cheryl, good job! You're the inspiration here!!!

Rhonda, congrats on the weight loss!

LaurieDawn, keep plugging away, one day at a time! You'll get it back.

Hope everyone else is having a good week so far.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 06:31 PM   #6  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone!

Rhonda--Thanks for getting us started! YEA for getting to move your ticker!!! Fantastic news shopping!

Cheryl--Sounds like you had an awesome day!!! Great job!

Laurie--Glad you came here even thought you didn't want to. Good luck finishing the grant!!

Nicole--Glad you are back! Hope you are feeling better from the migraine--sometimes that day after 'hangover' feeling that I get is worse than the migraine itself.

Diane--Yea!

CC--Thinking of you!

My first official Monday am weigh in was a good one! I am down 2lbs!! I had a great workout at the gym--almost fell into that trap of thinking I could skip it, just for today....SO glad I didn't! I am really tired tonight--I was at an all day training and it was really, really boring!

Time to get dinner started. I have learned that when I get home from the gym, I need to have a mini-snack so I don't overeat at dinner. Duh! Not sure why I didn't pick up on that before!

Have a great night!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:21 PM   #7  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Hi Ladies!

You all are so sweet -- I'm so lucky to have found you all! This has been a HORRENDOUS week and a half. Never a worse one for me. I have eaten everything in my house and even ate fast food twice in one day when I didn't have anything left at home. I haven't eaten fast food in over 6 months. Trust me, it isn't worth it and it didn't taste good. Amazingly, I only gained 1.6 pounds. So that didn't erase the prior week's loss, which makes me feel a little better. I'm not ready to give up and today was better.

I don't know that it was any one thing that set me spiraling down. Laurie, you mentioned my fall the other day. That may have been a small piece of it, as far as knocking exercise out. I also think I started feeling really restless and suddenly interested in food in a way I haven't been in a long time. I was even wondering if the fact that I accidentally got the generic version of my depression meds could have played a part. I have two weeks left of this bottle, then I am going to go back to brand name stuff. I know that it normally is the same active ingredients, but with this particular drug I've read a lot about people concerned that it doesn't work the same.

For whatever reason, I fell off the wagon. But I didn't do the things I normally would do like not weighing, not reading here, etc. But I'm here. Still trying and still rooting all of you on!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:11 PM   #8  
Former Quitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLCSC145 View Post
I was even wondering if the fact that I accidentally got the generic version of my depression meds could have played a part.
Yes, yes yes! CC, I think you hit the nail on the head! I had this same thing happen to me. The insurance company kept trying to tell me that they were the same, but I really had a problem at around week 2 on the meds. I asked my doctor to write a letter to the insurance company and I was able to get my meds for the same copay as the generic. Yeah!
Old 10-01-2007, 11:06 PM   #9  

CC- So glad to see you back and posting. I'm also happy to hear that your scale penalty wasn't as severe as it might have been. Let us know if we can do anything to help steer you back where you want to be! Congrats on staying in the game even when you were struggling.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:05 AM   #10  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all,
Nicole... congrats on the weight loss!! I know telling your mom was hard, but at least you got it over with.
CLCs..... I am glad you are back, I know you will be on track and posting losses before you know it!!!
MJ5... congrats on the loss, and I love the ticker!!!

Tomorrow I post my weight, and my scale is playing with me again, so we will see if I post a loss or not, maybe this is just water gain from TOM's ., but I won't use this as an excuse to go off plan. Today Sear's is coming to check my elliptical, I have an extended warranty and the fan went out, so they are going to fix it or replace it, just not take it. I am going to hop on the elliptical in 17 minutes, because of the repair person coming between 8 and 12, and hopefully I will have time to do all my exercising before he comes.
Breakfast will be ... Kashi go lean crunch cereal and almond milk( I am out of bananas and grapefruit juice ),
Lunch will be ... amy's cheese burritto
dinner....... I don't know, I'm making a shrimp and pasta salad for the kids, I may boil some shrimp for myself, eat it with some tortillas and veggies.
snacks.... fiber one bar, yogurt with frozen blueberries and cherries, mango
I will stay on plan today!!
HOpe everyone has a great day today!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:35 AM   #11  
Former Quitter

Good morning, Everyone!

Yesterday, I was able to stay 100% on-plan and did 60 minute walk on the treadmill. I'm feeling great about my plan today, so I'm aiming for another 100% on-plan day and another 60 minutes of exercise. I know that these "good feeling" days don't always show up, so I'm going to ride this wave as far as I can! Tonight is Biggest Loser. My TiVo is already set and I plan on getting my exercise and Mom/Wife duties all finished early. Despite all of the negativity about this show, I really get inspired by their changes and love watching!

Cheryl - Congratulations on the normal blood pressure! That is truly what this journey is all about....good health. Don't worry about those stupid scales....you're doing great! They'll catch up with you soon.
LaurieDawn - The stress of trying to finish the grant must have been exhausting. Its is understandable that you had problems staying on-plan. But, keep trying. Don't ever ever give-up!
Nicolen - I'm glad you were able to talk with Mom. I understand how difficult that must have been. I have the same issues with my Dad. He has never understood my depression and always thinks I just need to "buckle up and keep pushing forward."
Diane and MJ - Congratulations on your losses this week!
CC - How is today going for you? I'm glad that you're still trying and not giving up.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 10-02-2007 at 08:36 AM.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:18 AM   #12  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Well, yesterday was a very good day. I didn't get exercise in, but I actually planned on taking it easy because my shin splints were flaring again. I got new shoes, but now I have to get them broken in. I felt a little hungry when I was going to bed, but I didn't cave in to cravings, so it's a happy day.

Just a shout out to Rakel: How's it going? I haven't seen a post from you lately! You were the posting queen!!!

Rhonda: I think that's the way to do it, just taking it one on plan day at a time! Good job.

Cheryl: You're doing so well, good for you!

CC: Sounds like things are looking up for you. Glad to hear it.

MJ: You are smart to go for the mini snack. I think that when you go into dinner when you are really hungry, it is easy to make bad choices.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:58 PM   #13  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Morning lovely ladies!

Today I almost feel like myself again. I'm nearly back and that feels so good. I made it to work yesterday and didn't feel that great - that wonderful hungover feeling because of the migraine which is so much fun. Anyway, I found out that I'm moving desks to the one next door - we're getting 2 new victims, which is our wonderful name for newbies and they'll be sitting either side of me. I think I can manage that and I wouldn't have thought that a few days ago.

Diane, go you with sticking to plan! I hope the shin splints start improving - is there anything you can do to help them improve?

MJ, WTG with the gym. I've got to get myself back in the habit of going to the gym. It's not going to happen this week, but on Saturday I'm going. Since I've written that and you'll all see it, I have to do it...

CC, yay for coming back! I'm sure you're back on track and are fine now!

Cheryl, you're doing so well! Fantastic about having normal blood pressure.

Rhonda, you rock! You really do. Watching you sticking to plan is truly inspiring.

Take care ladies!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 01:40 PM   #14  

Nicole - So good to hear that things are getting back on track for you. It is so easy to get swallowed up in the black hole of depression. Congratulations for taking care of it so expediently.

Rhonda - Look at you go! I don't watch The Biggest Loser personally, but my client for the grant I just finished told me yesterday that she started losing weight during Season 2 and has lost 70 pounds - and is still losing. I know I've been inspired by Inside the Brookhaven Clinic or whatever it's called.

MJ - Love your new avatar. Congrats on figuring out how important a mini-snack is. It's those little adjustments that add up to making this successful.

Diane - Eating right before bed is something I have historically struggled with, so great work on being willing to go to bed hungry.

Cheryl - Glad to see that you're so completely back on plan after struggling a bit. And good for you for deciding to get your exercise in before the repair person came instead of using it as an excuse to skip the exercise.

And Rakel - Diane's right. We're missing you.

My accountability - Food was good. My husband asked me to go to Applebee's, which I can do frequently and stay on plan, but I knew that yesterday wasn't one of those days. So, he got hot wings - which is a weakness of mine - and I went out and walked instead. Exercise - only 30 minutes on the elliptical, and then I walked instead of ran in the evening. My body was still pretty exhausted from several nights of low/no sleep, though, so I felt all right about it. Today it's back to full-fledged cardio and strength training, though!
Old 10-02-2007, 05:53 PM   #15  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Hi all!

Busy day today (therapist, hair appt., shopping) so I'm just checking in now. Yesterday ended up okay. Not great, but okay and not bad. Today - so far so good. I'm heading out to the grocery store to restock having eaten nearly everything in the house. Gosh, sounds like great days all around for everyone! I'm very happy to see that!

Take care,
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote