Old 09-28-2007, 05:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Default 41, fat and finaly ready

I just found the site yesterday and have popped into a few of the various boards. I figure the more I hit the more help I get.

Three weeks ago I decided I'd had enough and I got serious. I'm down 18 pounds so far. I know I won't keep up at this pace but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

I know 41 isn't that old but there were days that I felt much older because of the weight. I'm hoping to slim down and feel younger again.

I hope to meet lots of new people and find ways to help each other out.
Supersub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Hi SuperSub!

Cool, I see you already made it over here! I just posted to your nice Intro.

Are you on any specific program? I'm not ... but I guess technically you could say I'm calorie counting. Lots of the 3FC's are on www.fitday.com (free and easy) or some other online calorie calculating site.

Having that site calculate calories by carb/protein/fat, and further by type of fat has helped me tremendously. I would never go to the trouble of using a book to calculate calories. I log in quick thruout the day as I eat, and this helps keep me accountable.

After much reading (Fitness for Dummies, You On A Diet: ... Waist Management), I focus on whole grain, lean protein and healthy fats (olive oil).

At first I cut out too much fat, thinking that was a good idea, but I was always so hungry! So the You On A Diet book explained how good fats helps send chemical msgs from the stomach to the brain that "You Are Full!". Adding a total of one tablespoon of olive oil thruout the day in my food has the Hunger Monster.

I'm eating 4 or 5 mini-meals a day.

My name is Teri, living in No. California with my family (two -- four legs, fur, K9). Technically (?) I'm over 40 something :grin: but I like this group. I kept my pizza/donut eating ways even tho I was on meds for high BP and high cholesterol ... just a bit outside normal range ... and kept eating even tho winter chill gave me knee and hip pain. But when my NP pointed out that blood glucose was slightly elevated for the last 2 years (possible diabetes indicator), that was it. And I got serious.

Anyway, I'm hoping to find a chatty group of gals to keep in regular touch with!! Hope to hear from you.
Ladiibbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 01:22 AM   #3  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Hi Supersub

You're with friends here. Welcome to the boards.

Come and join us in our chat thread.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 02:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Hi all

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm pretty much just counting calories and watching what I eat. I tried to start Fitday and it seemed like too much of a pain to enter everything. I just have a journal that I write it all in. It's worked great so far. Just feeling like I'm accountable (at least on paper) has made a difference.
Supersub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:34 AM   #5  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Supersub!!

Fitday is a PITA in the beginning - but for me it hardly takes any time at all now. I have a lot of the stuff I eat all the time entered as a custom food. Others here have also said the Nutridiary and Daily Plate sites work well for them. IMHO - the important thing is that you keep a journal of what you eat and the exercise you do. So find something that works for you.

Nothing wrong with writing it in a book - it's getting the job done.
(but you miss out on the reports from the online versions.)

I'm a calorie counter, too...there is a calorie counters forum here if you haven't already found it.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote