Old 09-29-2007, 07:42 AM   #1  

Default Not Losing!!

I rejoined Pure Weight Loss 2 weeks ago -- did the FF and lost a pound and by the end of the 3rd week was down to 3.8!! NOT TOO SHABBY!! When I weighed in this week, I was up .6 and then was up an additional 1 lb yesterday. I have been POP and am just beside myself!!! I am following the program, exercising a little (from nothing to a little) and feel great! Has this happened to anyone? I am afraid I am going to get discouraged~~~ Any suggestions?
THANKS!
3meows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 11:18 AM   #2  

Height: 5'2"

two words - push water
three words - hot lemon water.
If your body is burning fat in the process of losing weight, you have to eliminate the excess fluid (water) from your body. You are probably just retaining fluids. What you are going through is probably part of the normal weight loss process. The scale does not go down each time we weigh in.
Hang in there and keep on doing what you are doing - following the program. Make sure you check the foods that you are eating and beware of the sodium in what you are eating and drinking.
Take care and welcome again to the this forum.

week 38
franchise center - LAWL
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 48 lbs.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 04:32 PM   #3  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Trust this program and keep exercising! your body is adjusting and will catch up with you in no time. I am on red plan as well and once my body figured it out I started seeing a nice consistent weight loss each week. Keep doing what you are doing and try to ignore the scale for now!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 03:08 AM   #4  
maiat

S/C/G: 174/147/123

Lynn,

I have heard about hot lemon water helping with water retention, but can you explain exactly how this is done. It probably seems like a silly question, but how much water/how much lemon?

Thanks,
Maia
maiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Actually, you have lost 2.2 pounds in two weeks, with your little fluctuation included. That is a healthy rate of weight loss (1/2 to 2 pounds per week)

PWL/LAWL aims for 2 pounds per week, but that is a good week, and just an average. You won't lose that way like clockwork. It is very common to lose 3 pounds one week, none the next, 1 pound the next week, and 2 pounds the week after that. You aim for the averages really, over the course of a month, for progress.

The scale will fluctuate a bit, so don't fret over the small fluctuations. The last time you went to the bathroom, your female cycles, how much sodium you had the day before-lots of things cause small fluctuations. You aren't gaining fat.

Just keep track of your weigh ins, and look at the general path of them over the course of a month, rather than weigh in to weigh in. You can have a drop, gain, drop, gain, drop...but if over the course of the month you are 6 or 7 pounds down, then you are doing fabulous.

Also, I believe that the lemon water is just basically a lemon quarter squeezed into a mug or glass of water. I drink it occasionally at a restaurant when I don't want a soda or tea...but I have never used it for water retention. I guess I never worried about water retention before-because it's normal, and it isn't fat.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:18 AM   #6  

Maia,
This is how I make the hot lemon water. The important thing is to use a real lemon not the lemon juice in a bottle. Slice the lemon in half and boil it. This way you get the essential oil of the rind. I nuke it in the microwave for 3 minutes. You don't need a large amount of water even 8 oz will be fine. Many people recommend that you drink this before breakfast.

Here is an article about the benefits of lemon water
"Warm lemon water serves as the perfect good morning drink, as it aids the digestive system and makes the process of eliminating the waste products from the body easier. It prevents the problem of constipation and diarrhea from taking place, by ensuring smooth bowel functions. Read further to explore information about hot lemon water benefits…

Lemon is a vitamin C rich citrus fruit that enhances your beauty, by rejuvenating skin from within and thus bringing a glow on your face. One of the major health benefits of drinking lemon water is that it paves way for losing weight faster, thus acting as a great weight loss remedy. Lemon water flushes out body toxins and thus is extremely beneficial for the body.

Lemon, a fruit popular for its therapeutic properties, helps promote your immune system and thus, protects you from the clutches of most types of infections. It also plays the role of blood purifier. Lemon is a fabulous antiseptic bestowed on us by Mother Nature."

week 39
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 48 lbs.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:38 AM   #7  
maiat

S/C/G: 174/147/123

Lynn,

I'm glad I asked, b/c I never would have boiled the lemon! I am going to get some lemon tomorrow and try this. I may have been wrong about it helping with water retention. It sounds like it just aids in purging the body of toxins, including salt I'm guessing, so that is why it is recommended for people who have had an elevated sodium content. Is this correct?

Thanks again for the info Lynn, always a pleasure.

Maia
maiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:41 PM   #8  

Maia,
I don't really know the science behind it, but I do know that many people swear by it.

week 39
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 48 lbs.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:20 AM   #9  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Good information Lynn. First time I have seen this.

I use the Lemon water and I can tell that it is flushing my system. But I didn't know it had all the other benefits you have listed. I had better get back on track with using it. Thanks for posting?
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Maia, I have an instant hot water dispenser and I just squeeze half a lemon (or sometimes even a whole lemon) into a mug, fill with hot water and then drop the rest of the lemon (the rind that I just squeezed) in the water for a few minutes to get the essential oils.

3meows, Did you wear something heavy to your last weigh in. I swear jeans can weigh like 3 pounds! It has suddenly gotten cold here and last year when I had just started I had a few bad weigh ins until I figured that I went from summer clothes at the beginning of September to bundled up at the beginning of October and that was a few pounds. Wear a big heavy sweater that you can take off to weigh in but still be warm though. Really they don't mind you taking off things to weigh in. Either that or just take the clothes into account and don't let it discourage you. I was not good at the not getting discouraged part, and better at the obsessing about the weight of the clothes part though myself. You really want to check the difference in YOU not in your clothes or your water retention. Since YOU are probably losing... but the scale might not always be telling you so.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:44 PM   #11  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

I agree Barbara. I went without making any progress but then realized that I was now wearing Sweaters, Long Pants vs. Capris, etc. Those changes alone could add a pound or three. It will eventually even out on the scale as you get use to the winter weigh ins.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 04:40 PM   #12  
Sarah: LAWL Not-So Newbie

S/C/G: 187/150/125

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the info on the hot lemon water thing.. I wanted to tried it ever since I saw it posted here on another thread, but never knew how to do it. So thanks Lynn!!

And... my "trick" for the WI is I take my gym short/clothes with me and change in the bathroom that way I'm already set to go to the gym too
IKIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 08:42 PM   #13  

I just want to add that you don't have to drink the hot lemon water by itself. Many times I brew the lemon with a tea bag and that helps the flavor issue.

week 46
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 57 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs