Old 09-28-2007, 08:55 PM   #1  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Default Interesting Article RE: Counting Calories

I think this is the first time I've actually started a thread!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quit counting calories if it doesn't add up
Keeping tabs on numbers can derail your diet; fill up on these tips instead
By Paige Greenfield
Self
Updated: 6:43 a.m. PT Sept 28, 2007
Good news for anyone who hates number crunching: You don’t need to add or subtract a thing to get slim. “Instead, focus on food quality, portion size and the timing of your meals,” says Ann Yelmokas McDermott, Ph.D., director at the Center for Obesity Prevention and Education at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. If you obsess over calories, you’re more likely to consume fat-free foods that are low in fiber, high in sugar and, ultimately, unsatisfying. The result? You never feel full, so you end up eating more. Instead…

edited by Suzanne due to copyright - read the rest at URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20414799/

Last edited by Suzanne 3FC; 09-28-2007 at 10:22 PM. Reason: copyright
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:10 PM   #2  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Love this kind of stuff. Just re affirms that LAWL is a good diet. I've never been one to count calories...but this is good info.
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:40 PM   #3  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

There is actually nothing in there that doesn't apply to calorie counting as well... I do all of those things as part of my calorie counting anyway.

I think it's sound and sensible, regardless of whether you're counting or not. Just my two cents - thanks for posting this!
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote