Lighten Up! Feeling a little stressed out over your diet? This forum is for you! Laugh a little, relax, and take a load off!

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2002, 09:45 PM   #1  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Trapped in a DIET

Come on, I know that there are those of you who feel trapped in a DIET, not doing well, feeling like it's all your life is about. I am really feeling TRAPPED in this thing we call dieting. I love the Weight Watcher's logic of the points system and feel that it's worked many times for me...(yes, I'm a professional dieter) but now, I feel like my food journal is my life, counting points is all I do, looking to see how many points I have left or that I can have after dinner is what I look forward to. I am TRAPPED and I want to get rid of that feeling. So I've put the journal away, stopped counting points (for now) and started just making better choices and not stuffing myself. If I have chocolate, so what.....I just get back to eating better right after I do it. I've lost about 2 pounds just this week, not dieting.

I think that there are many of you out there who feel the same way, that the word DIET is just making you feel like it's your whole life. I would love to hear from some of you.
Old 04-11-2002, 12:02 PM   #2  

Default I'm with you

I'm with you there Zoe.

My husband and I got on the Body for Life by Bill Phillips but frankly, with my son and my life it just wasn't what I could keep up with. And I HATED whole wheat pasta. Ew, makes me gag. I have been on Weight Watchers before too. Both successful to an extent.

I got off Body for Life and told myself I would continue to exercise like I was, up to 5 times a week but just cut out all the crap I eat in my life. Sugar, chocolate, too much cheese. So I did and including what I did on Body for Life, I'm down 20 lbs. I feel much happier.

During the week, dh and I eat well, I cook Weight Watchers recipes and other low fat recipes. On the weekends or when we are invited out we don't pig out, but we don't worry about it either. I just also try and stay away from things on a daily basis that I don't really need that add the pounds on (like that coca-cola, mmmmmm)

I am pleased with where my body is heading and glad that I got there this way. My motivation is my son: I want to be healthy for him and I want to cook healthy for him. I don't mind that it's taking longer than usual. It's a nice overall change.
Old 04-11-2002, 04:30 PM   #3  
Give Peace A Chance !

Closed Thread