Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-02-2006, 03:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Default Chicks in Control Profiles!!

Why are we one of the only groups that don't have a bio thread? I haven't felt like I "belong" to any of the other groups, so I never posted my profile. I know I'm supposed to be here, so I'll start. And since we have a bunch of new people, I thought it was about time. This is a long one and please omit any questions you don't want to answer (I won’t be offended)
(I hope this is okay ellis, should I have asked your permission first?)

First name (if you want to tell): Christian
Meaning of user name: The Marx brothers!!! Except Zeppo, I couldn't fit him in. He left the troupe anyway
Geographical location: Leavenworth, KS
Marital Status: Single, never married
Children/Ages: None
Pets: Cats: Charky, Draco, Weller, Greykins, Sparrow, and Vache; Dogs: Chico, Holly, Tee Wee, and Hannah (chihuahuas) 3 guinea pigs and a hamster
Hobbies/Interests: Writing, reading, art, movies, music, thinking, planning, plotting health, fitness
Height: 5'7''
Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June 1, 2005
Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: 307/181/150
Problem: Binge eating/compulsive overeating and bulimia
Plan/Way of Eating Calorie counting, non-processed foods
Favorite exercise Walking, high impact aerobics, yoga, pilates
Favorite movies: Breakfast at Tiffany's, Nightmare before Christmas, Quills, Trois coleurs: Rouge, On the Waterfront, Lawrence of Arabia, Citizen Kane, La Dolce Vita, Dr. Strangelove, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, La Strada, and Unico
Favorite books/plays: Crime & Punishment, The Great Gatsby, Huckleberry Finn, The Sun Also Rises, Diary of a Genius, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, The Things They Carried, Ulysses, Germinal, and Death of a Salesman
Music: Elvis, Kelly Clarkson, Elton John, Shania Twain, Jimi Hendrix, the Doors, Johnny Cash, Shakira, No Doubt/Gwen Stefani, Evanescence, Loretta Lynn, The Killers
Favorite Quote(s): "If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." -- Mark Twain. “There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.” ~ Salvador Dali. I could go on and on and on, but let me try to keep this at a manageable level.
Favorite People (dead and living): Mark Twain, Salvador Dali, Gandhi, T.E. Lawrence, Audrey Hepburn, Jimmy Stewart, Benjamin Franklin, Marlon Brando, the Dalai Lama, Albert Einstein, Rosa Parks, Emile Zola, Rene Descartes, Federico Fellini, Tim Burton, Flannery O'Connor, Johnny Depp, Groucho Marx, Frida Kahlo, Johnny Cash, Gwendolyn Brooks, The Marquis de Sade, Andy Warhol, Danny Elfman, Howard Hughes, Allen Ginsberg
People I can’t stand: various political figures ( hee hee we won’t go there) Paris Hilton, Anne Coulter, Tom Cruise, Star Jones, Ryan Seacrest, Madonna (when she’s talking), Nicolette Sheridan, and Kanye West (when he’s talking)
Places you’ve been: Midwest, South US, France, England
Places you want to visit: Italy, Ankgor Wat (Cambodia), Egypt, Mexico, Peru, Tokyo, and India
Pivot’s questions (don’t think too long, answer as fast as you can)
01. What is your favorite word? Eloquent
02. What is your least favorite word? @#*% (starts with an f)
03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? intrigue
04. What turns you off? ignorance
05. What is your favorite curse word? ****
06. What sound or noise do you love? children’s laughter
07. What sound or noise do you hate? alarm clock
08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Apple/cherry orchard worker
09. What profession would you not like to do? waste management
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? You can‘t argue now. Go apologize to your grandmother.
Any other tidbits you would like to share: Nope

Please if anyone has any more interesting questions, just add them in. I tried to make it different than the other groups.

Last edited by HarpoChicoGroucho; 05-02-2006 at 04:49 PM.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:09 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Harpo, you go, girl! I have trust in you to do pretty much anything you please.

What a great idea!!
I can sticky this so it'll stay at the top.

I'll fill mine in shortly... thanks for starting this, hon!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:00 PM   #3  

First name (if you want to tell):
Meaning of user name: hmmm... just a name I picked ages ago because I liked it.
Geographical location:
Ottawa, Ontario.
Marital Status:
Happily married for almost 18 years.
Children/Ages:
Two. 16 and 10.
SAHM. Volunteer (activist). And writer (but not famous yet. heh heh)
Pets:
Three guinea pigs. Cocao, Ted and Poppy.
Hobbies/Interests:
Reading, writing, gardening, decorating, protesting.
Height:
5'-2"
Eye/Hair Color:
grey/brown.
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:
Which one?
Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight:
219/208/140
Problem:
Binge eating/compulsive overeating
Plan/Way of Eating:
Calorie counting
Favorite exercise:
Running, yoga
Favorite movies:
The Straight Story, Waking Ned Divine, Cabaret, To Kill a Mockingbird, Twister, Life is Beautiful, Family Plot.
Favorite books/plays:
The Wars, You Went Away, A Prayer For Owen Meany, The Sun Also Rises, Ethan Frome, I Heard the Owl Call My Name, Who Has Seen the Wind.
Music:
Spiro Gyra, Nickelback, Henri Mancini, John Hiatt, Four Play, Sister Hazel, Joani Mitchell, Evanescence, Cecilia Bartoli
Favorite Quote(s):
"If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin." Charles Darwin
"Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing."
Denis Waitley
"The logic of worldly success rests on a fallacy: the strange error that our perfection depends on the thoughts and opinions and applause of other men! A weird life it is, indeed, to be living always in somebody else's imagination, as if that were the only place in which one could at last become real!"
Thomas Merton
Favorite People (dead and living):
My Dad. Timothy Findley, Noam Chomsky, Robert Fisk, the Dalai Lama, Rosa Parks, P.G.Wodehouse, Pablo Neruda, Stanley Kunitz, Yehuda Amichai, Colleen Dewhurst, Richard Farnsworth.
People I can’t stand:
various political figures (hee hee we won’t go there) Paris Hilton, Tom Cruise, Star Jones, Lindsey Lohan, the guy on the Canadian Tire commercials.
Places you’ve been: England, most of eastern Canada, a bunch of eastern America.
Places you want to visit:
Russia, Egypt, India, Poland, Ukraine.
01. What is your favorite word? coffee
02. What is your least favorite word?
@#*% (starts with an f)
03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
silence
04. What turns you off?
ignorance and greed
05. What is your favorite curse word?
CURSES!!
06. What sound or noise do you love?
the wind
07. What sound or noise do you hate?The sound of my daughter cracking her knuckles.
08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
archeologist
09. What profession would you not like to do?
waste management
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Good, you're here! You're Dad's been waiting to see you.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:24 PM   #4  

First name (if you want to tell): jodi
Meaning of user name: simple...just.....jodi
Geographical location: youngstown, oh
Marital Status: married
Children/Ages: daughter 16, son 14, son 11
Pets: 3 spoiled rotten dogs, 6 equally spoiled rabbits, 2 turtles, a school of fish and a partridge in a pear tree!!
Hobbies/Interests: gardening, cooking, i used to like reading now i can't seem to concentrate. family, camping
Height: 5'6''
Eye/Hair Color: blue/brown
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: ummm 2003 i think
Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: 271/221/170ish
Problem: Binge eating/compulsive overeating
Plan/Way of Eating healthy whole foods, exercise
Favorite exercise Walking, water aerobics
Favorite movies: dirty dancing, grease, top gun, to kill a mockingbird, officer and a gentleman
Music: whatever is on the radio, i love almost all of it.
Favorite People (dead and living): my grandma, oprah winfrey, debra winger, all you chicks in here
People I can’t stand: paris hilton, the entire cast of "real women of orange county" jessica simpson, britney spears, tom cruise (now) way back when i thought he was fine.
Places you’ve been: eastern us, there's no place like home
Places you want to visit: paris
01. What is your favorite word? fantastic!!
02. What is your least favorite word? diet
03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? beautiful colors and wonderful smells
04. What turns you off? hatred
05. What is your favorite curse word? shi*
06. What sound or noise do you love? running water
07. What sound or noise do you hate? yelling
08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? business owner, teacher
09. What profession would you not like to do? waste management
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? welcome!!
justjodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:18 PM   #5  

First name (if you want to tell): Kristin
Meaning of user name: It's my name
Geographical location: Houston, TX
Marital Status: never married, great boyfriend of 3 years
Pets: 1 very spoiled little dog named Buttercup - We call her our "dogter".
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Traveling, Being with my friends and family, does shopping count??
Height: 5'5''
Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Brown right now, used to be blonde
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2004
Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: 185/140/120 ish
Problem: used to be Binge eating
Plan/Way of Eating: Eating healthy and fun exercise
Favorite exercise Running, Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease
Favorite movies: The Sweetest Thing, Sixteen Candles, What The Bleep Do We Know?, Mean Girls, anything 80's really
Music: Everything except rap - Love Frank Sinatra too
Favorite People (dead and living): My boyfriend, Oprah, all of my friends, Lisa Jimenez
People I can’t stand: All of the Nick/Jessica and Tom/Katie stuff thats happened lately
Places you’ve been: All over Carribean, Puerto Vallarta, Cancun, Cozumel, London
Places you want to visit: Everywhere else, Italy especially
01. What is your favorite word? fabulous
02. What is your least favorite word? can't
03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Passions, desire, life, success
04. What turns you off? victim mentality
05. What is your favorite curse word? sh*t
06. What sound or noise do you love? Flag pole in the wind
07. What sound or noise do you hate? Screaming & construction
08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I want to help more and more people than I do now.
09. What profession would you not like to do? Anything that I'm not passionate about.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Glad you're here =)
KristinGerstley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:44 PM   #6  
I've had a rough week...

S/C/G: 245/234.5/230

First name (if you want to tell): Jacque (Jac)
Meaning of user name: MtaT stands for "Married to a trucker" and Jac is short for my name, Jacque.
Geographical location: Lincoln Nebraska
Marital Status: married
Pets: 3 Dogs, Piper (German Shepherd) Mollie (Chocolate Lab) and Teddy Bear (American Eskimo)
Hobbies/Interests: Writing, reading, watching movies, crochet
Height: 5'4''
Eye/Hair Color: blue/brown
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: April 2006
Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: 245, 243, 135
Plan/Way of Eating Weight Watchers
Favorite exercise Walking and the Eliptical
Favorite movies: I love movies! I've seen most all of the Stephen King movies! But lately I'm big on romantic Comedies
Favorite books/plays: Again, I love Stephen King But I am also big on reading cheesy romance novels and mysteries lately
Music: I listen to a little of everything, but mostly Country. My all time favorite song is "Everything I Do" by Bryan Adams
Favorite Quote(s): 'Well, now that we have seen each other,' said the unicorn, 'if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you.'"
--Lewis Carroll; Through the Looking Glass
If you feel you have no faults ... there's another one.
- unknown
Favorite People (dead and living): My Father, The 3FC women and, wow... I could list a million
People I can’t stand: Celebrities in general, but to name a few Tom Cruise, any and every talk show host (except Oprah) and certain political figures.
Places you’ve been: I've been in 30 of the 50 states...hoping to eventually visit all of them!
Places you want to visit: Ireland and Germany
01. What is your favorite word? perseverance
02. What is your least favorite word? can't (I believe that was already said though...)
03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Passion
05. What is your favorite curse word? damn
06. What sound or noise do you love? Rain & Laughter
07. What sound or noise do you hate? Anything before noon
08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Teaching Special Ed
09. What profession would you not like to do? a desk job
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Welcome Home
Any other tidbits you would like to share: Just a forewarning, if I'm ever grumpy... my husband is a truck driver and gone 4 weeks at a time, then home 5 days before going back out. So I'm usually grumpy the two or three days after he leaves again...
MtaTJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:26 AM   #7  

Thumbs up

YAY. this is fun

First name (if you want to tell):
Meaning of user name: Jayro was a nickname growing up and bella for beautiful
Geographical location: Minnesota
Marital Status: married 9 years
Children/Ages: 1 nine year old son
Pets: none
Hobbies/Interests: reading, music, movies, sleeping, travel
Height: 5'7''
Eye/Hair Color: black/green
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1989 HAH! I started my first diet in high school and it's been a journey ever since
Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: 276/273/155
Problem: Binge eating, emotional eating, love affair with food
Plan/Way of Eating eat when i'm hungry, stop when i'm satisfied and add color
Favorite exercise walking, eliptical trainer, body pump, kick boxing
Favorite movies: The Usual Suspects, The Color Purple, Sankofa, Quilombo, Mama There's a Man in Your Bed, The Matrix, Akeelah and the Bee (you gotta see this), City of God, memento
Favorite books/plays: Temple of My Familiar, Alice Walker, Mama Day, Gloria Naylor, A Right To be Hostile, Aaron McGruder, Jambalaya, Luisah Tiesh, Interview with a Vampire, Ann Rice (really all of her books), House of the Spirits, Isabel Allende, 1984, George Orwell
Music: A crazy mix of hip-hop, soul, latin, reggae, reggaeton, dancehall, blues, and jazz: curtis mayfield, donny hathaway, etta james, john coltrane, miles davis, stevie wonder, nina simone, prince, dead prez, talib kweli, tego calderon, aventura, common, goodie mob, billie holiday, juanes, robert johnson, goapele
Favorite Quote(s): My signature quote below. "Though the current be swift, it cannot sweep away the moon" (saw this painted on someones wall), "Where will you be when you get where you're going?" My Husband's Uncle--a preacher--such a profound question to me. "When I dare to be powerful -- to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid." -Audre Lorde OK let me stop
Favorite People (dead and living): My son, Aaron McGruder, Nelson Mandela, Tupac, Assata Shakur, Fannie Lou Hamer, John Coltrane, Che Guevara, Diego Rivera, Nina Simone, Jean Michel Basquiat, Gordon Parks, Bob Marley--so many.
People I can’t stand: I guess I'll stay away from the political figures too um, well I guess I'll move on I--seriously, I can't think of anyone except political figures.
Places you’ve been: Minneapolis, Chicago, Kansas City, St. Louis, Philadelphia, DC, Atlanta, LA, Sacramento, Hattiesburg, MS, New Orleans, Mexico City, San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico, San Francisco, Seattle, Blacksburg,VA, Myrtle Beach, SC, Miami, Orlando, Wisconsin, Flint, MI, Bryan, TX, New Orleans, Baltimore--that was fun to think of the cities I've been to.
Places you want to visit: Ghana, Tanzania, Lima, Peru, Puerto Rico, Brazil, Japan, Las Vegas, New York City, Cuba
01. What is your favorite word? tomfoolery
02. What is your least favorite word? jamb
03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? boldness
04. What turns you off? timidity
05. What is your favorite curse word? mf
06. What sound or noise do you love? heavy rain
07. What sound or noise do you hate? people chewing with their mouth open
08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Dancer
09. What profession would you not like to do? cop
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? It's not gonna be what you think.
Any other tidbits you would like to share: nah

[/QUOTE]

That was so fun.
jayrobella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:08 AM   #8  
Chubby Chick

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5,4

First name (if you want to tell): Lena
Meaning of user name: My user name is arabic for cakes or sweets
Geographical location: Philadelphia,PA
Marital Status: never been married
Pets: a cat named fluffy
Hobbies/Interests:singing and ice skating
Height: 5,4
Eye/Hair Color: brown/ redish brown
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: march,2004
Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: 238/196/160
Problem: i eat too much suagr
Favorite exercise: jogging,and aerobics dvds
Favorite movies: runaway bride,she's all that,lord of the rings(all three),clueless,matrix(1 and 2 the 3rd one was crap),the sisterhood of the traveling pants,a cinderella story,raising helen,freaking friday(the oringal and the remakes)
Favorite books/plays: sisterhood of the traveling pants(all three),jane eyre,lord of the rings trilogy,princess diaries(all seven
Music: Kelly Clarkson,rhianna,mariah carey,usher,clay aiken(i know he's geeky but he can sing his butt off!)
Favorite Quote(s): nonw
Favorite people:cocoa chanel
People I can’t stand: britney spears(someone call child services please),tom cruise(do i need to say why?) mariah carey(i love her music.but she needs to put some clothes on she's not as small as she used to be!),katie holmes(she's tom's robot),hilary duff(too annoying)
Places you’ve been: london,cairo,qatar,casablanca,toronto
Places you want to visit: france,japan,sweden,south africa
01. What is your favorite word? super!
02. What is your least favorite word? tax (lol)
03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? music
04. What turns you off? guys who pick their nose
05. What is your favorite curse word? nonE(i think cursing is bad)
06. What sound or noise do you love? justin timberlakes singing voice
07. What sound or noise do you hate? avril lavinge's singing
08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?modelling
09. What profession would you not like to do? trash man
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gate? dont know

Last edited by helwa588; 05-03-2006 at 10:04 AM.
helwa588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:33 PM   #9  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

First name (if you want to tell): Katrin
Meaning of user name: short for my name + my birthday.... not creative on this topic.
Geographical location: Near Cologne, Germany
Marital Status: Not married, Single
Children/Ages: No.
Pets: a red cat
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing, blogging, learning to play my violin, Apple Computer (working with and writing about)
Height: 1, 65 m (eh- can´t say in your measurements, sorry!)
Eye/Hair Color: brown/ brown
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Already a long journey...started 1986 with my very first diet and food journal.
Problem: Binge eating/compulsive overeating/ sugar addict
Plan/Way of Eating: Healthy whole foods, meal planning, cutting down sugar intake
Favorite exercise: Walking, because I am reasonable. My real favorite exercise would be Badminton, but I play bad (that´s not why it´s called BADminton )and don´t find a partner. Or running...
Favorite movies: "It´s a wonderful life" (sigh), "The Muppets Christmas Charol", nearly every movie from Pixar...
Favorite books: Every book, every line and sentence from Douglas Adams, some books of Terry Pratchett, Harry Potter, selected writings from Kurt Tucholsky...
Music: Pink Floyd, Irish Folk, Classical violin...
Favorite Quote(s): "Fall down 1000 times, get up 1001 times"
"Your time is limited, so don´t waste it living someone elses live" Steve Jobs;
"Some men see things as the are and say "Why?", I dream things that never were and ask "Why not?"" Robert Kennedy;
"Our deepest fear is not that....",
"What would you do if you weren´t afraid?"
Ok, I stop here.....
Favorite People (dead and living): Douglas Adams, Yehudi Menuhin, Steve Jobs, Robert Kennedy, Robert Kennedy jr., Jim Henson, Joan Baez, Kurt Tucholsky....
People I can’t stand: Most german "Starlets", snobs (mostly the ones who are with me in University....), Paris Hilton, Victoria Beckham, anorectic models who are saying that they can eat everything without gaining weight
Places you’ve been: London, France (Paris and the south), Italy, Netherlands, Belgium
Places you want to visit: Ireland, USA, more places in GB
01. What is your favorite word? serendipity, my fav german word: Habseligkeiten
02. What is your least favorite word? Fortsetzungsfeststellungsklage
03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Music, sometimes words
04. What turns you off? hate and arrogance
05. What is your favorite curse word? @#*% (starts with an f)
06. What sound or noise do you love? purring of my cat
07. What sound or noise do you hate? Fingernails on blackboard, noises at the dentist
08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? veterinary
09. What profession would you not like to do? dentist
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Ok, let´s talk about your "I don´t believe in God"- statements!

Any other tidbits you would like to share:
I started to learn to play violin two years ago
I collect Apple Computers (mostly old ones and I now have about seven. I made a place to sleep for my cat out of an old Mac- Computer
I have a (very nice) rose garden.

Last edited by Kate109; 10-06-2007 at 05:04 PM.
Kate109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 08:08 PM   #10  
I'm doing it this time!

S/C/G: 189/175/145

Height: 5' 4"

First name (if you want to tell): Heidi
Meaning of user name: well, some say I don't look fat, some say I do! So confusing.
Geographical location: Central Valley, California
Marital Status: married almost 11 years
Children/Ages: girl 9, boy 6
Pets: do kids count? If not, none.
Hobbies/Interests: watching what I Tivo'd, when I have the time.
Height: 5'4"
Eye/Hair Color: hazel/brown with sun-in highlights
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Ever since my daughter was born. Over 9 years now
Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: fluxuates mostly, and usually up
Problem: Same as above poster.....Binge eating/compulsive overeating/ sugar addict
Plan/Way of Eating: Not going out to eat anymore. Count calories
Favorite exercise: Walking with my 61 year old mom at night.
Favorite movies: Harry Potter movies, Bridget Jones, Back to the Future Trilogy, You've Got Mail
Favorite books: Harry Potter. Read all 6 books in one month last year. (summer vacation!)
Music: 80's. I still have my 80's hairdo!
Favorite Quote(s): "Never jump into a pile of leaves with a wet sucker" Linus
Favorite People (dead and living): Tom Hanks, Michael Landon, my parents
People I can’t stand: anyone who is perfect and knows it. Yuck!
Places you’ve been: New York, Mexico, Hawaii,
Places you want to visit: Anywhere not here! Boresville!
doIlookfat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:47 AM   #11  

I'm new here so this is a good way of introducing myself...

First name (if you want to tell): Call me "B"
Meaning of user name: I think it's self explanatory!
Geographical location: Houston, TX
Marital Status: Single, never married
Pets: Cats: 1 chihuaha
Hobbies/Interests: reality tv ( ), reading especially magazines, EATING (which is why I'm here, haah), Internet, music, drawing, movies...
Height: 5'3''
Eye/Hair Color: brown, brown with blonde streaks
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: There have been SOOO many.
Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: Again, soo many, so I'll go with my highest weight, current weight and goal. 268/163/120ish. My lowest weight was 144 lbs.
Plan/Way of Eating Calorie counting, lots of water. trying to get in protein and veggies
Favorite exercise Walking, Urban Rebounder
Favorite movies: Life is Beautiful, Crash, The Notebook, The Sandlot, Titanic, Harry Potter series
Favorite books/plays: I haven't read in a long time.. but HARRY POTTER!
Music: 311, Alice in Chains, System of a Down, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Shinedown, Staind, Blue October, Crossfade, Alanis Morissette, No Doubt, Sublime, Ten Years
Favorite Quote(s): can't really think of any right now..
[B]Favorite People (dead and living): Johnny Depp, Drew Barrymore, Kate Winslet, Mandy Moore, Conan O'Brian, Joel McHale, Angelina Jolie
[B]People I can’t stand: Anna Nicole Smith, Paris Hilton, Carrot Top, George W. Bush
[B]Places you’ve been:Mexico, Florida
Places you want to visit: Paris, Bahamas, Jamaica, Las Vegas
01. What is your favorite word? Fun
02. What is your least favorite word? p***y
03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? good music
04. What turns you off? conceitedness
05. What is your favorite curse word? ***
06. What sound or noise do you love? laughter in general
07. What sound or noise do you hate? loud motorcycles
08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? teaching
09. What profession would you not like to do? any job dealing with food
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Your life was worth it. Welcome!
Any other tidbits you would like to share: Nah
Hungry2Live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 12:25 PM   #12  

I love reading these.
Welcome to the new ladies!

Hungry2Live, your first post! It's great to have you here.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:29 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis
I love reading these.
Welcome to the new ladies!

Hungry2Live, your first post! It's great to have you here.
Thanks! I'm sooo glad I found this place
Hungry2Live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 11:16 AM   #14  

First name (if you want to tell): leigh
Meaning of user name: i think it's pretty self explanatory
Geographical location: dallas, texas
Marital Status: 'promised' to my boyfriend of 2.5 years. there is no doubt in my heart that he's the ONE but we're both in a place where marriage/engagement would be totally impractical. i have a ring to wear on my left hand though
Children/Ages: 0
Pets: 2 cats and a dog at home
Hobbies/Interests: music, photography, running, eating(heh), anything fun, new, and exciting
Height: 5'9-5'10
Eye/Hair Color: hazel, dark brown
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: i was about 9 and 'figured out' how to be bulimic. it's been all over the place since then (my lowest was 118, highest was 215..i look my absolute best between 140 and 145)
Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: 215/194/140
Problem: bulimia/binge eating/bouts of anoretic behavior
Plan/Way of Eating: following a meal plan from the nutritionist
Favorite exercise: RUNNING, swimming, biking, walking, weights, yoga...****, i'm just a big fan of working out
Favorite movies: too many to even begin to name
Favorite books/plays: i LOVE to read and try to read a new book each week...i don't really have a favorite though
Music: indie-pop/rock/hip hop, powerpop, experimental, Sherwood, Pilotdrift, The pAper chAse, Mae, Jack's Mannequin, Hellogoodbye, Circa Survive, Saosin, Sound of Animals Fighting, Kenna, Louis XIV, The Shins, Iron&Wine, Sigur Ros, Album Leaf, Chad Vangaalen, Jimmy Eat World, and yeah...there's too many
Favorite Quote(s): "Confidence may not always gurantee you success, but a lack of confidence is a gurantee for failure." - Professor Michael Tkacik (my fabulous political science prof)
Places you’ve been: some parts of mexico and most of the united states
Places you want to visit: i want to travel everywhere! but mainly, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Egypt
01. What is your favorite word? peachy
02. What is your least favorite word? moist, fleshy, and p***y. *shudders*
03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? the smell of the early morning air
04. What turns you off? people who don't read books and flaunt it
05. What is your favorite curse word? i admit to liking the f bomb
06. What sound or noise do you love? rain
07. What sound or noise do you hate? when people pop their joints
08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? when i was a kid, i used to want to be a child psychologist
09. What profession would you not like to do? custodian in a college dorm
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? 'i can't believe you actually made it here and i can't believe i'm letting you in'
Any other tidbits you would like to share: my legs are over 1/2 my height. i look like a spider

Last edited by fatty_nomore; 05-10-2006 at 01:10 PM.
fatty_nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:46 PM   #15  

First name: Maria
Meaning of user name: Cadbury's chocolate.mmmmmmmmmmm.
Geographical Location: Ireland
Pets: one dog, Bessie
Eye colour: hazel
Height: 5'6
Hobbies/Interests:Reading, walking, yoga, movies, music, eating(lol!)
Weight: I refuse to weigh myself, I go by how my clothes fit. I HATE numbers.
Problem: binging, bouts of excessive exercise and undereating
Start of weight problems: aged 13, lost 40 pounds in about 4 months then gained about 80 pounds by a year later. Started losing weight again in October 2005 because we got a treadmill and I found some enthusiasm.
Eating Plan: 1200 calorie diet(in times of obsessiveness it goes below that and I lose hair and get really tired)
Favourite exercise: walking on treadmill or outside on nice evenings
Favourite Movies: How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Shrek, Disney movies, Julia Roberts movies, The Quiet Man,Bridget Jones' Diary, The Notebook, The Producers, and lots others
Favourite books: Harry Potter series, Louise Bagshawe and Susan Lewis and Virginia Andrews books (seriously too mature for me) and Adele Parks books.And lots others.
Favourite Music: Dido, Robbie Williams, Oasis, Destiny's Child and Beyonce, Christina Aguilera, U2, Westlife and lots others.
Favourite People: My parents(awwww), Oprah, Julia Roberts, Bono, Bob Geldof, Nelson Mandela, Tom Hanks(he seems like such a nice man)
Least Favourite people: my school principal, Paris Hilton, Nicole Ritchie, the media who put so much pressure on women to be anorexic, Tom Cruise and Simon Cowell.
Place I want to Visit: New york, Connecticut, California, Mexico, Texas, Paris, London, Austria, Africa and New Zealand.
Things I worry about: Global warming, nuclear disasters, war and a rise in suicide rates among young people.
01. What is your favorite word? sponge
02. What is your least favorite word? Grating
03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? a good person
05. What is your favorite curse word? Jaysus
06. What sound or noise do you love? wind chimes
07. What sound or noise do you hate? nails scratching a blackboard
08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? bartending
09. What profession would you not like to do? dealing with teenagers
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? You can now eat as much Ben&Jerry's as you want without gaining an ounce!
Any other tidbits you would like to share: I collect bath sponges. I don't know why. I love their texture.I also do not know how to operate a microwave.
Cadbury's is offline   Reply With Quote