Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 09-26-2007, 09:43 PM   #1  
cute little kitty fangs

S/C/G: 297/280/160

Height: 5'5

Default have a wedding in a month - need a dress...

Hi all -

I am here doing SB and it has helped me make some positive changes. I have a wedding to go to in about a month...and I need a dress. I grew up a tomboy, and work in IT today...so the only dress I have bought in the last 5 years is my wedding dress...and I dont think that is quite appropriate.

I found a couple of dress, but I am not sure what would look good on me. I am 26 and just want something looks good and is fun. I went through a goth/punk phase awhile ago, but right now, most of the clothes I buy are more of a classic style.

the wedding is at a victorian house and is at 3:30 in early november.

what do you guys think of these dresses or do you have any recommendations or suggestions?

http://www.zaftique.com/index.php/de...db9196c158bb11

http://www.torrid.com/torrid/store/p...=1190854796213

http://www.kiyonna.com/plus-size-clo...esses/15060102

i have also attached my virtual model...my face doesnt look much like that, but that is my body type...

thanks everyone!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg compositor.jpg (14.9 KB, 40 views)
SandStripedcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

I like the first one of those 3. I bought mine on ebay for $26.00! I did have to pay for alterations, but I still like to brag about the price. It was in 2004.

Make sure you try it on and feel beautiful AND comfortable in it!

Congrats!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

I love the first one with the lavender sash- it's very chic and it looks very easy to wear! I'm already starting to imagine accessories... a silver drop necklace with a lavender stone and matching earrings perhaps? Maybe even a lavender clutch?

The other two look a little too informal for the event you've described. Go for great, not just good!

Have fun!
Lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

I dont think the other two would suit you. That's actually just my way of saying "PICK THE FIRST ONE!! THE FIRST ONE!!"

I always try to stay away from patterned clothes, because it amplifies a lot more than just the bare fabric on your skin. This is a problem for me, because that's the "thing" in Britain now. That 70's look. With bright bold colors and swirls and twirls. They make me look ginormous! I think the first one is the most "weddingish". The second one is a bit too out there and the last one is just too much of an understatement.

I hope you have fun at the wedding anyways!! ^_^
Casandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

Definately the first one. I am a similar height and body shape to you (although much, much older) and two and three I would consider too short. If a dress/skirt is only knee length when stood up it will be half way up your thighs when sat down and unless you have really nice legs this is just not an attractive look imho.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:19 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7''

Defo the first one!
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 07:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

OK, I've helped you with yours now you help me with mine. BTW, I like the Zaftique website which I've not come across before. I too am going to a wedding reception in a few weeks from now and quite fancy this dress

However its available in several colours and I can't chose. If it helps I've blonde hair and blue/green eyes and pale skin which does colour when hot.

Different colours can be seen here.

I like the wine (above), aquamarine and purple.

Thanks, girls

Kitty

Last edited by KforKitty; 09-27-2007 at 07:55 AM.
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:15 AM   #8  
Happy New Rears!

I love the third one, it's classy and slimming. I don't like sleeveless dresses on me, but the third dress covers to the elbow which is nice
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:55 AM   #9  
Fat-be-gone

I love the third dress. Very classic and I love the color.
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:02 AM   #10  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

I think all three are lovely, but #3, the gray one is the nicest. It's very elegant, without having to wear black. The Torrid one is funky; nice enough for a wedding, but you may want to be a bit reserved.

Also, thanks for the sites! I'm in the exact same position: on SB, wedding in a month. It's a big help to me.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

They are all attractive, I lean torward #3. Whiever one you pick choose one with sleeves either elbow length or long.It will be a little cooler by the time of the wedding and upper arms on the overweigh are usually not attractive.Just something to consider Send a picture of you wearing it .
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:43 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

I like the third one, it is a bit more classy for a wedding. And K for Kitty I like the wine one.
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:19 PM   #13  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Sand, my vote is for the first one...with lavander accessories, I think it would be Tres classy! And, K - with your coloring, I'd have to say that my preference would be the aquamarine.

Have fun, girls!

E
ellabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:39 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, the third one would be the most flattering. After that it'd be #1 although I agree the upper arm can be a problem and chilly, depending on where you live. Is it cool in NC in October - it sure is here!

Kitty, I think I prefer the aquamarine version too. The red seems a bit Christmassy.

Just my two cents as I sit here in a ratty T-shirt and old jeans spewing fashion opinions!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:39 PM   #15  
cute little kitty fangs

S/C/G: 297/280/160

Height: 5'5

thank you everyone so much responding!! the votes seem to be split the first and third....

Zaftique dress: 6
Kiyonna dress: 5

and the torrid dress is definitely out. I think I am going to order both and try them on...i will take pictures and have you guys eval...

Kitty, I love the wine color...i think it is gorgegous...
SandStripedcj is offline   Reply With Quote