Old 09-26-2007, 01:58 PM   #1  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

Default Hello im New

Hello im new to this site and I recentley got divorced , I have taken some time off of school to get myself together, im really down in the dumps right now and over the 2 year period i was married I gained about 100lbs ( i didnt even know that was possible ) to make things even more difficult I am socially akward I dont like to attend things like weight watchers meetings ETC. because I feel out of place ( although I must say Weight Watchers worked miracles for me , that is until i gave up and stopped going to the meetings then i gained back all the weight + some ) im looking for a weight loss buddy maybe someone who i can email or call on the phone for some support for those really down in the dumps days ... im female 20 years old

my current stats - weight almost 250
My goal Weight - 145 ish

Last edited by CHUNKEY_MUNKEY; 09-26-2007 at 09:24 PM.
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:05 PM   #2  
Aleecia

Sorry to hear that you're so down in the dumps.
Hopefully by coming here it will pick up your spirits and motivate you. I know 3FC has helped me. I signed up last February, lost a bunch of weight then stopped coming here last November and gained it all back.
So basically I'm starting all over again. It looks like we have similar goals. Would love to chat and keep each other motivated.
Are you doing anything specific? I know you mentioned WW worked for you, are you trying that again? I am a calorie counter.
Best of luck to you on your weight loss journey.
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:13 PM   #3  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Angel33 yes i have begun weight watchers again its the only thing that works for me with out making me feel like an underprivilaged person ( food wise that is lol ) i see we have almost the same weight loss goal thats awsome ! do you ever get those days where you feel like eating evreything cause you just dont care any more and then you feel awful? OMG its so horrible. so far i ate 3 slices of pizza today .... thats not good when im on my diet im very very good and when im off im very very very bad .. i get easily discouraged when i dont see the diffrence , sometimes i see it on the scale but im still wearing the same size clothes. does that happen to you?

btw may i ask how old you are?

sometimes i feel so akward because not only am i over weight but im tall so when people look at me i think they think im some kind of a giant =(
Old 09-26-2007, 02:43 PM   #4  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! 3FC is a WONDERFUL site, and I think you'll enjoy it here. Sometimes when I am feeling that I "just can't do this", I get on here, and in no time at all I'm refreshed and confident in myself.
Take it one day at a time, and read the site, post with us...soon, you'll be on your way!
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:45 PM   #5  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi and
I am sorry about your divorce, and under stand about not being a social person, I am from Brooklyn , originally, live in N.C. now. I believe you can do this, and you don't need to join anything if you don't want to, WW, does have online services, I believe. I just exercise and watch my calories, and it is working, and if I can do it, so can you!! Cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:58 PM   #6  
Aleecia

I do indeed have those days where I want to eat everything in site, that's how I gained all my weight back.
I am a stress eater. Most people that are under stress, don't eat. Not me.
I am 34, married with a 3.5 yr old daughter.

Don't get discouraged about the pizza. You can get back on track. Keep in mind that this is going to be a long journey.
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 03:00 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to the board. Sorry that your having such a hard time in life. You'll find great support at 3FC. I'm following WW at home. I like it because it helps me watch my portions and that's my biggest struggle.
hautbois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 03:29 PM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hello and welcome to a great place. You will find lots of weight loss buddies right here at the 100 lb club and 3FC in general.

I'm sorry that you're going through a hard time. Getting your weight under control will do wonders for you all around. Good luck to you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 04:27 PM   #9  
FatCat

S/C/G: 270/244/135

Height: 5'2

Hi!! You will love it here, we can talk about anything! I am working through the aftermath of a nasty divorce myself so I can relate.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:08 PM   #10  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I'm glad you're here! You'll find great people and unmatched support here.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:29 PM   #11  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! I think you'll find some good friends and motivation here!
I look forward to the time that you'll have to ask 3FC to change your user name because YOU WILL BE HAPPY AGAIN! Hang in there!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:10 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Glad that you are joining us! I'm so sorry that you're going through a divorce--that's rough.

You might consider WW online if you're having a hard time attending meetings. However, I really don't think there's anything that replaces a motivating leader so if you can overcome your reluctance, you might consider giving yourself that gift. You would be there for YOU, and no-one else--you don't need to talk to anyone if you choose or ever speak during meetings. It took me a long time to overcome my fear of meetings, and particularly of talking in meetings, but once I forced myself to speak, I found that I got more out of the meetings. After that, they couldn't shut me up!

Whatever you decide to do will be the best thing for you. Post often! And, hey, you might consider changing your nickname to something more positive. If you sign on every day and see SoUnHappy, it could become a self-fulfilling prophecy and keep you down in the dumps. Think about it, okay?
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:28 PM   #13  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

HI & welcome aboard! This is a great place to hang out, to get inspiration, a giggle or a hug! There's always someone who's had a better day than you, and someone who's had a worse one ~ so you can either offer a hand to someone else, or ask for a hand up

If I can lose close to 40lbs, believe me ANYONE in the world can LOL, good luck on your journey and be sure to check in every day!

trazey
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:22 PM   #14  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Thank you so much for responding to my thread ... i feel alot more at ease now to post .... and thank you for all your encouraging words ..... i look foward to making new friends and losing some weight with my new found support group =) i feel alot better knowing that im not alone and that there are people who understand what im going through

Last edited by CHUNKEY_MUNKEY; 09-26-2007 at 09:23 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:30 PM   #15  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there So! Welcome!!! I'm in a similar weight situation to you, and I can completely understand feeling tall & awkward. It's like "okay being fat is not enough, now be taller than most people around you and stick out like a sore thumb". >.< My ultimate weight goal is about 150 lbs.

I'm following the WW points counting. And as previously suggested if you want to try it online & by yourself to get back into it again that could work! But the fact that you said going to meetings helped you makes me want to encourage you to go back to them! I've been going to meetings for 5 months now, and the atmosphere is so open & accepting that I suggest it to everyone. I'm happy to see you joined a support group here, because everyone needs a little help from others sometimes. I like the extra everyday online push to stay on target! I think you'll find that everyone here is very open and friendly and willing to help you stay motivated!

PS - And maybe someday coming you'll wish your name were "SoHappy" ^^ I hope so!

Last edited by Lovely; 09-26-2007 at 09:31 PM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote