Old 09-25-2007, 12:07 PM   #1  
Val

Default LA Lite Shakes being discontinued?

I was at my COD yesterday and they were out of chocolate shakes. The counsellor I had asked another one if they had any left, and the other one said no, and said that actually the shakes and all powdered drinks are being discontinued. She said all that will be left are the bars and the soups and that they are supposed to be coming out with something else.

Has anyone else heard this? Is this a Canada/Alberta thing?
Jrny2aNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

I was told at my COD that they were reforumlating the drinks so who knows whats true!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 187/171.8/150

Height: 5feet 4inches

In Ottawa, there are only LA bars, soups & hot choc as Lites.
QueenLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:18 PM   #4  
Val

Thanks Kim & Lucia - I just hadn't heard anything about it, so it took me by surprise. I did stock up on strawberry and vanilla shakes, but missed out on the chocolate. Oh well, I guess I can always add some SF chocolate syrup to the vanilla.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:40 PM   #5  

Height: 5'2"

Val and Kim - Are you going to franchise or corporate centers?
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:43 PM   #6  
Val

Sorry Lynn, I don't know - I've never asked.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:50 PM   #7  

Height: 5'2"

Val,
Are you on a color coded or numbered plan?
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 224/189/130

Height: 5'5"

Lucia, Merivale location had (not positive if still do) the premade shakes and powdered shakes. If you are interested in trying them, you could likely call and tell them you are already a LAWL customer just looking for product.

I personally don't use them because I can't afford it, but I did see the stuff there maybe a month or so ago...

Val - I find being in Canada is weird. When I joined, part of the start up package was samplings of their products. I really liked the jetstart and was willing to buy it as a treat every now and then, but when I asked to buy some a month or two later, I was told that it was discontinued. I have heard of some of our American friends using it here...so I think it is either my location doesn't have them, or maybe Canada doesn't...
Pastrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

I got LA Shakes just last friday at my center. They only had 2 different flavors of LA Lites! So I decided to get some shakes (and cut some calories)

In the year that I've been on the program, it seems like everything has been reformulated at least once and some things have been discontinued. I really liked the LAWL dressing that came in single serving pouches that I could slip in my purse and know that I had a low sodium low fat dressing should I need to eat out. Since generally it is the dressing that throws you off plan in a restaurant. They reformulated many of the bars, and really, some of them were much tastier before they messed with them. I used to LOVE the honey nuget ones, but they did something that made them taste rather more like card board. Such a shame. I got some bars that my daughter's room mate's mother had sent to the girls, and she was working as a counselor in San Francisco, and those bars were very different, so I think there are different suppliers in different areas anyway. Either that or those were some bars before they got reformulated before I joined. I loved the mint chocolate ones. I wish they would bring those back.

Anyway... they are making too much money off from the shakes to discontinue them.. they will most likely be back with a slightly different taste and of course might be hard to find for awhile as they figure out how to manufacture the new ones.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:39 PM   #10  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Barbara - maybe the new manufacturer got things right after all of the complaints. I just got some peanut butter chocolate ones today after not having them for the past two months and they were yummy again!!!! The two boxes I'd had before my hiatus were not so great.

I got some of the powdered shake mix today too, mixed berry. They didn't say they were discontinuing but there was a limited stock.
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:37 AM   #11  
Val

Lynn - I'm on one of the old colored plans - red with lites.

Patsy - I agree, the Canadian program is slightly different as far as the lites. I suspect we must have a different manufacturer, as particularly in the bars, we don't have the selection that the US does, and the description I've heard of the caramel bars in the US certainly differs from ours.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:50 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Liza, I hope the peanut butter bars are tasty again for us here too! They used to be really good and then got an after taste to them.

Val, I think it is different in different parts of the US too. Just looking on e-bay you can see the boxes are different. At first I thought some were just old, but now a year later and I still see the ones that I thought were old being sold as fresh, I think there are different manufacturers in different parts of the country. The bars from San Francisco were different. Some places apparently have double boxes. My COD only gives out boxes with 7 bars each. They are always in a gold box. I guess it is probably cheaper to find local manufacturers than to try to ship the boxes a long way, besides the things will melt if they get too hot (I ended up with weird shaped bars this summer)
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote