Old 09-24-2007, 03:58 PM   #1  
LAWL: Gold -> Blue Plan

S/C/G: S:158/G:139

Default Favorite Frozen Dinners!

I wanted to start a thread about frozen dinners.. They are SO hit or miss. Also as far as the sodium content goes, I notice it fluctuates a lot from one to the other as well. Post your favorite frozen dinners, things that taste good, have a good variety of nutrients, and hopefully those that are lower in sodium and more healthy so that we can eat them and not feel guilty!!

Mine are..
Kashi (I know I know I am obsessed with everything kashi) Pesto Pasta Primavera

Lean Cuisine Mac & Cheese (I add put it in a pot and add fresh tomatos, a dash of tabasco sauce, a dash of milk, and garlic to it so that it becomes my own mac and cheese)

I really dislike the lean cuisine paninis.. the concept is so good, but they are SOOOOO salty.. so are the lean pockets. Its like eating a salt lick that my rabbit uses. UGH!

So .. Any suggestions from others out there!?
ooodsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:13 PM   #2  
Plan #3-no lites

S/C/G: 198/179/150

Height: 5'5"

The Healthy Choice Steamers are great! I've found 3 or 4 of them that meet the LAWL guidelines. I especially love the Creamy Dill Salmon.
KSingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:42 PM   #3  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

The only frozen dinner I ever buy is Lean Cusine Lasagna with Meat Sauce. I have no idea how much sodium is in there. I usually only have about 2 a month but it is pretty yummy! I would love to try the Kashi ones as well.

I am in agreement about the Panninis-yucky!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:00 PM   #4  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 216/208/140

Height: 5'8"

I am pretty anal about things, and since I didn't want to stand at the grocery store with my book and look at each one I got online and made a list of all of the Lean Cuisine's and Healthy Choice that fit the LAWL standards. Most that I have tried I've liked so far. I don't eat them very often, just when I'm feeling lazy for lunch at work.
whatazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:42 PM   #5  
it's always something

I recently discovered Seeds of Change frozen dinners and am very impressed They are all organic and low calorie, high quality, and very delicious. Unfortunately, they are also hard to find.

Grace's Kitchen also offers fantastic foods, though you have to check the labels to make sure the calories fit in with your plan. Some are a little high. They are also expensive, but the food is restaurant quality.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:06 PM   #6  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

I've heard of Grace's and heard they are really good for you! We will have to see if they fit with LAWL.
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 266/260/150

Height: 5'7''

My LAWL center advises that you only eat 2-3 frozen meals a week, everyother day at least. The sodium is really high.
adventuregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:40 PM   #8  
it's always something

Oh my! When I replied, I didn't notice that I was in the LAWL forum. I have no clue if the brands I listed will fit in with your plan. Sorry!
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:04 PM   #9  
LAWL: Gold -> Blue Plan

S/C/G: S:158/G:139

oh wow the graces look AMAZING.. ive never seen them before so im going to do some research and find out where i can buy them and try them. i am doing a slightly modified version of LAWL so they definitely fit into my plan. thanks for the suggestion! i also found the kashi sesame chicken tonight, and noticed it was about half the sodium as most frozen meals, only 360 grams, yay!
ooodsie is offline   Reply With Quote