View Single Post
Old 04-10-2002, 06:26 PM   #15
Jean

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It's trying very hard to rain with the dark clouds rolling through. We need it badly so I won't complain. DH is at practice -- this Sunday is the "BIGGY" dedication of the church even though it isn't completely done. We are combining 3 services into 1 so I am I will be there early to get a seat. The choir is singing, the bells are playing, the kids are singing, and the individual groups are also singing. It could be a very long service. They are having a pot luck afterwards and I am really in hopes that DH won't think that we need to be there. *sigh*

Our class last night was not at all what I expected although I didn't really know what to expect. The meal was catered in and was good -- chicken and rice casserole, fresh fruit, lettuce salad, and a roll. I did go to WW first and maintained which I guess is ok. We ate and then had a 45 min. video -- it was really hard to stay awake! We ended up in small discussion groups for another 45 min. I think it was about 9 when we got home.

Gloria -- I'll bet you are excited about your trip! I know that I would be and I don't think we will be going much of anywhere this summer. DH is going to Canada for a week in May and then we will do our family resort week in MN. We have 4 or 5 weddings which will take up at least one day of a weekend or two.

Maggie -- I will have time tonight to look for the cookbook - magazine. Thanks for the info! I am anxious to see the flowers start to bloom. The birds have been back for quite a while and the finches are devouring the safflower seed. We've never put that out before and they really like it. There is also a pair of ducks coming so sprinkled some corn for them and corn on the cob for the squirrels. Guess we must be the neighborhood buffet for sure!

I need to get busy -- my dad and mom are on their way to AZ and are supposed to be checking in around suppertime. I'm just not sure if it's our suppertime or their's!

Have a terrific Thursday!

Jean -- from Iowa!