General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-23-2007, 10:06 PM   #1  
Addicted to potato salad!

Default All About Hockey - part deux

I don't feel like scouring the pages looking for the hockey thread...so here goes another.

How are your teams faring in pre-season? The Sabres won one, lost one to Columbus.

And....

I'm going to a SABRES GAME!!! This weekend, preseason (because that's the only way we can afford to take the whole family to a game - ticket prices are rediculous!!) against the Penguins!! Sydney Crosby, here we come (my daughter loves him - she'll be frothing at the mouth when she sees him)! This is my first Sabres game since, like, 1985. I'm so pumped!!

Last edited by techwife; 09-23-2007 at 10:06 PM.
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/189/156

Height: 5'10"

yay!! Good for you! Since '85? Wow... you must be going through withdrawl!

Have you heard of the Ice Bowl b/t the Sabres and the Penguins? That should be cool! (no pun intended!)

I can't wait for more hockey!! I am so looking forward to this season...

GAME ON!
aymster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/SeeTicker/155

Height: 5' 9"

Hey aymster and techwife! Time to rock and roll, and get those pucks flying ...

My Carolina Hurricanes are 2-1 in exhibition games so far. Can't wait for our "real" opener October 3rd, against Montreal, which I might attend. The October 5th game against Sidney and the Penquins is one I'd love to see in person, but with my wide screen TV to watch, I think I'll wait and spend money on a game that isn't going to be broadcast.

Techwife, our pre-season games are the same price as our regular ones. Aren't yours' the same?

Well, may the best teams win!!! And ...

GO HURRICANES!!!
babenwaiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:54 AM   #4  

We got our tickets $35 for adults and $15 for kids or around there somewhere. A regular season ticket playing against a popular team is more like well into the $100's. And we're 9 rows from the ice in the corner behind where the Penguins will be scoring for 2 periods...we'd have rather been at the other end, where the Sabres will be scoring twice, but 9 rows from the ice....I'll take anything!!

I have to get my son a Hurricanes jersey. He really loves weather, so the Hurricanes are his favorite team. He wasn't too popular around here in the Sabres house a few years back with his choice, but I'm over it now. My most hated team now is the Flyers because they took my Danny Briere. And the Rangers that took Drury, but that doesn't seem to bother me as much as Briere. He was my favorite. So, I guess I'll get my son a Commodore jersey. He has cool hair. He still plays for the Canes, doesn't he? After this summer...it was rough on us Sabres fans.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:56 AM   #5  

And...after the Bills' DISASTEROUS start to another dismal year...I'm REALLY pumped for hockey to get started.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 164/138/120

Height: 5'2"

Overly proud Islanders fan here! Pre-season has been a bit unsteady for the Isles but I'm SUPER excited to see how well they do in the regular season with all the moves on the team. I have 4 tickets to the 10/10 home game vs the Rangers and I am about to burst with anticipation! I have been to Rangers/Isles games before......but at the Garden, not on home turf. Last year our first game against the Rangers was setting up to be a bust and we ended up walking away with a 7-4 win (at the Garden), and I was lucky enough to attend! Most had money on the Islanders landing in that bottom 4 in the Eastern Conference last season and we ended up clinching the 8th playoff spot, so NANY NANY!! I also had tickets to the playoff home game last years vs the Sabres. We lost but the experience was imcomparable!!

On the other hand, I'm supportive, but also realistic. I'll admit when my team is down, but I'll always love 'em!!

I go to at least half of the home games, and try to get to the Garden when they play the Rangers "away". I say "away" in quotes because it's only about a 30 minute train ride into NYC!

I work for the company that owns the Rangers/Knicks/The Garden so the tickets are flowing in the office My boyfriend is buddies with the goalie, Rick DiPietro, so a few tickets get tossed our way from him as well. Life is good!

Last edited by ThePrettyOne; 09-24-2007 at 10:18 AM.
ThePrettyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:57 PM   #7  

ThePrettyOne, according to the experts, the Rangers and Islanders are both supposed to be really good this season so you're probably in for a fun Winter. Of course, those same experts predicted my Carolina Hurricanes would be at the bottom of the basement of the Eastern Conference in 2006, the year we won Lord Stanley, so you never know!

TechWife, I thought of you when I saw that Buffalo/NE score last night! YIKES! My Panthers beat the Falcons 27-20, but we may have lost Delhomme for awhile (sure hope not) with an elbow problem. We're 2-1 now, meeting Tampa Bay next Sunday. Unfortunately, they're RED HOT, and we don't always play so well at home. Do get your son a Commodore jersey; he's the neatest guy with the wildest hair, SO FAN FRIENDLY, great with the kids. We love him here, and will be heartbroken if he ever goes elsewhere.

GO CANES ... (GO PANTHERS!)
Old 09-25-2007, 09:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/189/156

Height: 5'10"

I think the Bills should change their names to the Jills... or actually start putting the cheerleaders in... they have more heart...

I think since the Rangers stole Drury, they should be predicted to have an awesome year! hee! hee! Naw, really, Drury wanted to get back to the area where he grew up. I understand that! He's a fantastic guy!

The good thing about Hockey is that everyone loves their team and we really get into the game. What a feeling when you watch a good play start that results in a goal! For me, when I watch a Sabres game (or when I went to one) I love to hear the fog horn blow when there's a goal!

I still think Hockey is amazing: big guys on blades, skating fast, stopping with amazing accuracy, and shooting a thick "hamburger" in a net not much bigger than it's goalie... LOVE IT! And playoff Hockey? No ties: play until you're practically dead and the puck slips thru... ahhhh, there's nothing like playoff hockey!!

Last edited by aymster; 09-25-2007 at 09:37 AM.
aymster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:48 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymster View Post
I think the Bills should change their names to the Jills... or actually start putting the cheerleaders in... they have more heart...

No kidding...or our high school football team. I feel like I'm watching the 'Counterfiet Bills'...remember THAT year? What a riot!!

For me, when I watch a Sabres game (or when I went to one) I love to hear the fog horn blow when there's a goal!

First time I went to an Amerks game, I thought there was a friggen TRAIN coming through the wall! Scared me half to death! I loved it, though.
Go Sabres!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 05:08 PM   #10  

Okay, ladies, watch out for me now ... I have my first official Hurricanes Sweater (jersey). Could get it in red or white, and I chose the white because you see less of those. I am thrilled! Wallet empty, but I am thrilled. I also have in my hot little hand the tickets for our opening game against the Canadiens!

Techwife, our tickets run from about $20 to close to $200. I buy in the $40 range usually, but splurge for the $75 Club level on special occasions. I went to about seven games last year, and hope to double that this year. It's just the two of us, so it's not like we're buying for kids, too. We have a wide-screen, HDTV, which the games are wonderful on, so I can't justify spending too much to attend games.

One thing we ladies all agree on:

HOCKEY ROCKS!!!

GO 'CANES!!!
Old 09-26-2007, 04:02 PM   #11  

Well the Islanders lit up the Rangers Monday, in more ways than one! Talk about a good old fashioned hockey throw down! That's what I wanna see!!
Old 09-27-2007, 11:48 PM   #12  

MyPrettyOne, sounded to me like those "New York boys" (sort of) all got a little overwrought the other day. So much for "all that's behind us, it's a new season" blather! I bet they'll have a couple more of those this year. My 'Canes will play your Islanders on New Year's Eve here this year, and I can hardly wait!

Okay, it's Thursday night and here's the final score for tonight's game:

Carolina Hurricanes 3, Columbus Blue Jackets 0

YEAH BABY!!!

Pre-season record: 3-1-1
Old 09-28-2007, 09:03 AM   #13  

The 2 goalies going toe to toe was priceless. Go DP!!

I just can't wait for opening day......I love Hockey season because there is always a good game to watch, no more boring nights!!! Though I do watch a lot of games at bars with friends....which equal a lot of beer and wings than need
Old 09-28-2007, 09:49 PM   #14  

The countdown is on...tomorrow night...at this time...I'll be at HSBC Arena watching Vanek, Afinogenov and all my favorites duke it out with the Penguins! My daughter is having fits about being in the same recycled oxygen with Sydney Crosby. I think she's the only girl in school with hockey players on her locker door instead of pop stars. Well, there's Jesse McCartney, but there's also Crosby and Briere and maybe Ovechkin.

Anyhow. I'm so excited. I'm all packed and ready to go!!
Old 09-28-2007, 10:08 PM   #15  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Do they have hockey every year?
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote