Old 09-24-2007, 12:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/253/135?

Height: 5'7

Default Just bought some new dvds

I just ordered the Zumba DVDs and am waiting for it to come in the mail. It looks like a lot of fun and plus, I'll learn some new dance moves! Has anyone tried the Zumba DVDS?? How good are they for weight loss?

I also just ordered Bellydance Fitness for Weight Loss featuring Rania and Bellydance Basics and Beyond: Technique for a Solid Foundation by Jenna. I've never taken or tried Bellydancing, but it looks so beautiful and seems like a lot of fun. Has anyone tried any of these DVDs? What did you think of them? Do you have any recommendations as far as bellydancing or latin dance?

Thanks!!

Jfer
bxthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:41 AM   #2  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

The ones with Rania from what I remembered from when I watched them, they utilze a lot of room which I don't have. I have yet to inccorporate them into my regimen. Maybe one day...

I know one day I want to get Zumba! Looks great! I've wanted it for years.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:20 AM   #3  

I just got the belly dancing ones like 5 minutes ago! Thanks for letting me know about the room issue. I'll try them in the living room to see it that works.

I'll let you know how the Zumba dvds are when they arrive. I only just heard of Zumba, but it's been around for a while huh? I think there are classes for it near me, so I might try that as well. When I went to the Zumba site it made excited to try it and I'm not usually excited about working out. -_-;;
Old 09-24-2007, 12:32 PM   #4  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I remember I think I first saw them when I was getting ready for school when I was a junior like 3 years ago. I was like I WANT I WANT! I should ask for them for my birthday. Hmm.

Also, do not buy the Rania's quickie 10 minute DVD. If you have the set of DVDs then you should have all those quickies. They are just repackaged. Also, I think the Rania Personal training is the repacking of her original workout.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:46 PM   #5  

Thanks, thats good to know!

I just did Bellydance Basics and Beyond: Technique for a Solid Foundation by Jenna. I think it's pretty good. She goes over the moves enough and always reminds you to keep your posture. A lot of it was actually pretty tricky for me to do, cause I'm new to it. Just keeps me determined to keep going and perfect it! I think it's going to do wonders for my posture (which needs a lot of work anyway!).

[[edit]]

I just did two of Rania's DVDs and they are quite a workout... well, at least for me they are. Haha. I couldn't get all the moves, but it seems pretty fun so far. Now... gotta keep up with this everyday.

Last edited by bxthin; 09-24-2007 at 07:12 PM.