Thread: Exercising
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 09:37 PM   #3
CountingDown
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Kati,
I have gone from HATING it to not minding it at all. Some days are harder than others. A couple things that really help me. Like my food, I need to plan in advance what I plan to do about exercise for the next day. What will the weather be? Can I walk outside? Will it fit my schedule? Every night, I plan out the next day. I have been adding several different dvds to my collection (thanks to used items available at Half.com) so that on even the busiest of days I can get up 20 minutes early and slide in yoga or weights. Maybe a 30 minute walk instead of lunch - and then eat at my desk while I am working.
Little changes seem to add up. I treat myself like I raised my kids. "not doing something is not an option" I give myself choices - do I want to do x or y? Inside or outside? Morning or after work?
The other think I do that really helps if I really don't feel like it is to get ready and get started. OK, I REALLY don't want to do aerobics today, but I will do the warm up and 10 minutes at least. I rarely quit once I am doing it. Same with weights - OK, I will lift for at least 10 minutes I tell myself. Once 10 minutes are up, I am usually ready to go for 10 more.
Corny, I know - but it works for me.
HTH

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God, and that you are not your own? ICor 6:19
My Pictorial Journey " " My Goal Story
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote