Old 09-21-2007, 07:40 PM   #1  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Other times, this IS ridiculously HARD.

So a mere week and a half after my revalation of the EASE of weightloss
Here I am..I have put back on two pounds (HOPEFULLY mostly water weight). Been eating like a CRAZY person...been eating like I used to eat to get this fat in the first place. Day after day on Fitday I cringe to enter all of the foods I have eaten. 2100 calories here, 2500 there..I am so out of control right now. I do fine most of the day...Then after 8 all bets are off. I kept trying to eat less the day after I ate too much, and it usually just made me eat MORE.
I am so frustrated I have ruined most of this month that I just want to quit. But I don't want to quit at the same time...I love feeling better about my body and I want to continue improving upon it. I don't want to be that person that lost weight and gained it all back. So here is my confession. This is karma kicking me in the BUTT for getting overly confident. I just have to calm down. It was just one week. I can get over it and pretend like it never happened. Just a little glitch on the radar.

to all
Mary

Last edited by sockmonkey70; 09-21-2007 at 07:48 PM. Reason: spelling
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 07:46 PM   #2  

Some days / weeks / months / hours it is easy, some it is not. But a week of not easy and bad choices doesn't undo all the hard work before it. Karma's a...well...you know. Have a better weekend and get back on track.
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 07:55 PM   #3  

I feel ya. I've been having these crazy binges too... I only eat once or twice a day, and usually not much, but its completely NOT the right foods. Take today for instance, I've eaten only once, but it was a roast beef, and large curly fry from Arby's... Arg... And I've found it nearly impossible to find the motivation/energy/time to exercise..
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 07:57 PM   #4  
I have less blubber!

Oh lalique you hit the nail on the head...It's the eating once or twice a day...but BAD stuff...that is driving my calorie count sky high...Today it was a muffaletta sandwich with chips...yesterday Whataburger..McDonald's the day before..you get th picture LOL *sniffles* I been a bad bad girl.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:23 PM   #5  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 245/230.8/135

Height: 5'4"

Oh Mary how I feel for you. I could've written this exact post about my week as well. Just as I think this will be easy and I'll finally succeed - WHAM - disaster hits and I eat everything in sight.

My advice to you is this - don't limit yourself to one or two meals a day. Eat all three plus snacks - incorporate the fruit and veggies into your diet again at full force and when your hungry after 8pm have a piece of fruit or cup of hot tea.

Don't get down on yourself! You have come so far and are doing fabulous. Don't worry about yesturday or the entire work - your month is not ruined - because you will get right back on track tomorrow. Everyone has times in there life where they just lose it a little bit and now for you, for us, that time is over and tomorrow we return to our habits that we've worked so hard to commit to.

This too shall pass!

=) C.
MissyCrissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:30 PM   #6  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I've been doing ok **fingers crossed** but the old way of thinking pops in now and again == the old "but i've been good for months now....when can i stop?? wahhhhh i should be thin by now!!!" Of course i say that after 2 weeks of eating healthy hahahha "am i skinny yet???" hahahah

I saw myself in the reflection of a giant 2-way mirror today, sitting with 5 of my co-workers, one of whom is a 6'2 big husky guy and i'm BIGGER than him!!! OMG
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:33 PM   #7  
hara hachi bu

Hey, good for you for recording it in fitday! I've had times where I binged and PLANNED not to enter it into fitday because I knew it was going to be horrible. At least you're facing the numbers! You'll turn it around, just keep trying, reading, looking, doing what you know you need to do (get some veggies in the house, cook, plan meals, etc). It often helps me to pick up a book about weight loss from the library, "French Women Don't Get Fat" or something like that. It's kind of motivating.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

If there is anything that has kept me humble in life, it is my weight problem. Having tried and failed so many times before, I don't usually get overconfident when I'm doing well on plan. However, I do enjoy the moment when it is easy. I revel in it and celebrate it. When it gets hard again, I think about the times when it was easier, and look forward to the ease coming back again.
BattleAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:07 PM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

That's just it Mary. Somedays it's ridicously easy and others, it's the hardest thing in the world. I think that we have to accept the fact that, that's just the way it's going to be. Up and down, back and forth.

Having said that, have you tried to decipher why you're making poor choices? Are you not planning well? Are you bored with your menu? Take a step back. Take a real hard look, maybe you'll find some answers.

You have done so amazingly well. You've improved your health and your very life so much already. You have SO much to be proud of and feel good about. You'll get it together again. And soon. I know there are many, many more "easy" days in your very near future.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:09 PM   #10  
hara hachi bu

Hmm, BattleAx, something you said really struck me. Humble, overconfidence ... I was an overconfident student once, and I pulled very mediocre grades. I came upon a math class, and I knew it wasn't my strong suit, so I humbled myself quite a bit and really buckled down. I aced the class - it was such a successful strategy that I decided to major in math in college. I guess I should apply that logic to weight loss.

I also like what you said about during hard times, realize that it'll change and this will be easy again one day. Excellent perspective.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:47 PM   #11  
I have less blubber!

Robin I don't know what it is...I think it's a mix of boredom with my menu and giving in to cravings. I am SO tired of chicken, but it's convenient to make and very nutritious so I WAS trying to eat it atleast 1 meal a day...Also I am so busy at school the LAST thing I want to do when I get home is cook myself a meal! I hate cooking for one person So I have started getting lazy and gravitating towards saying "Yes" when the finacee asks if I want to go to Taco Bell for supper...I am weak for fast food LOL.

Thank you guys so much for supporting me . You don't know how much I need it. I will never ever ever get over confident about this again.

Last edited by sockmonkey70; 09-21-2007 at 10:48 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-21-2007, 11:18 PM   #12  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Do you like asian food? Here are some recipes I love!

Asian Turkey Burgers
This is a recipe I posted in my Vox blog. I tend to have a lot of asian spices and sauces lying around so this is something easy & inexpensive for me to make ... plus, you can easily freeze these and pop them in the frying pan, grill, etc when you're hungry, so it's not like you're preparing a bunch of food that's just going to go to waste.

Asian Flank Stir-Fry
This is the best stir-fry I have ever made, seriously. It tastes better than going to a restaurant! If you make it by the recipe it's only 294 calories per serving, but I generally prepare the noodles in a separate pan with some oil & terryaki (sp?) sauce and throw some seasame seeds in to brown the noodles, and then mix the two together at the end. And it goes without saying that you can use as many veggies as you want, and just throw in enough meat to give it a boost. PLUS, you can change the serving size and allrecipes will automatically change your ingredients to reflect that, so you don't have to eat leftovers for an entire week! (maybe just a few days :P)

Last edited by rakel; 09-21-2007 at 11:19 PM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:21 PM   #13  
I have less blubber!

Those both look awesome Thank you!
Old 09-22-2007, 05:06 AM   #14  
3 + years maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey70 View Post
Robin I don't know what it is...I think it's a mix of boredom with my menu and giving in to cravings. I am SO tired of chicken, but it's convenient to make and very nutritious so I WAS trying to eat it atleast 1 meal a day...Also I am so busy at school the LAST thing I want to do when I get home is cook myself a meal! I hate cooking for one person So I have started getting lazy and gravitating towards saying "Yes" when the finacee asks if I want to go to Taco Bell for supper...I am weak for fast food LOL.

Mary, I know it's got to be especially hard for a student. What with your hours, your studies, the social life. Very, very difficult. I give you gals uber credit for tackling this at such a young age.

How about making a bunch of meals ahead of time, say on a Sunday morning, and freezing them? Having them all ready for when you get home? Cleaning, chopping up a bunch of vegetables so they're all ready come dinner time? You can even use large zip loc bags to store salads for a few days ahead of time. They stay nice and fresh and it's great to come home and have that salad all ready for yourself. Soups are great to make also. You can make a huge pot, it lasts all week. Veggie burgers (Morning Star Farms Chick PAtties and Spicy Bean Burgers are my favorite) are great to have on hand as well for dinner. With a bowl of soup and a salad, it's a great meal. Canned tuna or canned salmon in that salad with a soup is a good, quick meal as well.

And I know you don't want to hear this, but, if fast food is your weakness, how about making a STRICT, STRICT rule - absolutely NO FAST FOOD WHATSOEVER for 4 weeks? NO MATTER WHAT. It might be just the "detox" that you need.

I know you said you will never get over confident again. But do keep in mind this easy/hard stuff does come in cycles. So I think it's okay to be semi-confident that though at times it IS hard (very), that those easier times WILL return. And what a relief it is when then do. I think when we are doing this for longer, we will come to realize that falling off track does not mean STAYING off track. And we can gain some confidence in that.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:31 AM   #15  
3 + years maintaining

Oh Mary, you're going to think I'm crazy, but I couldn't stop thinking about you this morning. I was just thinking. About setting some strict rules about fast food. Just an idea - how about for those 4 weeks, ya know, where NO MATTER WHAT you won't touch the stuff, for every day of those 4 weeks, you put aside one dollar in an envelope and by the end you will have $28.00. And then you can reward yourself with either a manicure/pedicure. Or a pretty scarf. Or maybe a nice piece or 2 of costume jewelry. Or some new make up. A pretty barrette. I don't know something like that. Sooo much of this is mental. If you make it a little more interesting, make a game of it so to speak, maybe that would help you.

I have so much faith in you. I KNOW you can do this.