Old 09-21-2007, 12:56 PM   #1  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Exclamation It AINT gonna happen without exercise

I have come to a conclusion....it aint gonna happen without exercise. Plain and simple. If I want it bad enough, I have to make myself get back to exercising. Must do it!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:58 PM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

Isn't that the great news, though? Exercise is so empowering, helps reduce stress significantly because of the chemicals it releases, and gives me time to process the things in my life. I genuinely love it, but if you don't, it might be worth pretending to love it for a while and see if some genuine affection doesn't kick in.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:00 PM   #3  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

You've got it, Mug! And LaurieDawn, I'm one that had to fake it, and then fell in LOVE! It puts me in a great mood all day.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:01 PM   #4  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

You are so right girl, and Congrats at being near your first goal
Go Mug !! You can do it!!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:08 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I really believe that they go hand in hand. I firmly believe for that longterm success, exercise is a MUST. On top of all the weight loss benefits, the undeniable health benifits - it also has great mental benefits for me. It puts me in the right frame of mind. The good eating and the physical activity feed off one another. It's a wonderful cycle.

Great realization. Mug - you CAN do it!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

I SO agree!! Today, I came to the same conclusion myself.

I was wandering around the house PMS'y, twitchy, gritchy, & bi&^chy and decided that I have to DO SOMETHING every day. Some sort of video, some sort of walking . . . just ANYTHING to get me off my butt!!!

So, I did an easy workout. The Firm Ab Sculpt. 29 minutes. I feel better.

I'll think I'll start a blog about this. How many continuous days can I do??

This is day ONE.
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 05:24 PM   #7  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

I think maybe we pysch ourselves up so much not to like it that if we really would like it, we don't let us... so if we pretend that we do like it, maybe Laurie is right ... maybe you REALLY WOULD like it! That's something I should try!
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 06:23 PM   #8  
MamaSam

S/C/G: 280/200/150

Height: 5'7"

I think that the exercising gets to be more enjoyable the longer we do it. I know when we first put up the pool I did more floating than working out. I thought it was a workout just getting in and out of the pool! Now I workout for an hour most days and at least 30 minutes the rest. I run in the pool which is harder than it sounds. I also do laps. My arms are starting to look pretty good.

Does mowing the lawn with a push mower count as exercising? (not the self propelled type) This evening, I went out to mow and both riding mowers are broken and Hubby is working overtime...sigh... So I cranked up the push mower and did about 1/3 of our back yard (about a half an acre.) before coming back in. It's so humid today that I just couldn't do any more. I was hoping I could do the entire back yard since we might have a tropical storm coming tomorrow, but there was no way. I long for the day when I can work as hard as other people do without thinking I'm dying.

blessings,
Samantha

Last edited by MamaSam; 09-21-2007 at 06:24 PM. Reason: wrote the wrong name
MamaSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 07:06 PM   #9  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakel View Post
I think maybe we pysch ourselves up so much not to like it that if we really would like it, we don't let us... so if we pretend that we do like it, maybe Laurie is right ... maybe you REALLY WOULD like it! That's something I should try!
Definately! The other day, I didn't want to strength train. It's hard and I don't enjoy half of it. But I finally convinced myself to do it late that evening and it honestly was not that bad. I have no reason why I didn't suck it up and just do it. I know that first week I started exercising that I felt so proud to be active I felt GREAT afterwards. It's gone down a little now but I still feel better after working out. Alot of days where I only have 6-3 hours of sleep, working out midday really helps keep my energy up as weird as that sounds. I know Wednesday(the day I did it in the evening), I felt more tired with more sleep than I do know with less sleep
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:27 PM   #10  
300+ Chick

Mug....YOU can do it!! Do something you truly enjoy doing..If you love music, dance! Do what you can and always make a daily habit..

Good on seeing you dropping Lbs.. Keep it going!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:50 PM   #11  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

I'm with you Mug!!! I HAVE to start exercising routinely! We can do this girl
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:55 PM   #12  

I had never been a big "exerciser" until the last year. I have discovered it is all about finding the exercise you love. For me, it doesn't matter how much I run...I will never love running. Never. I've tried to learn to love it for years. But, I just never could. I have discovered I love cycling classes and weight training. Who knew. Once you find what you love, you'll never again have a hard time making yourself do it.
calahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 12:07 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

It's a funny thing....this exercise business....I had made the decision that today was going to be a down day for me....a no exercise day. Then, my partner decided he needed to go to town to run some errands and before I could stop myself, I was in my workout clothes and had him drop me off for a quick 40 minute cardio session while he did his running around. Go figure. In the past, I would have totally opted for staying home and vegging in front of the tv.

I don't always have that motivation to exercise though and that's when I try to remember that even if I don't WANT to do it, if I want to get the results I'm aiming for, I need to do it anyway. Craig Harper (www.craigharper.com.au) says "When you don't feel like exercising, do it anyway." I try to keep that in mind...even when I don't feel motivated to exercise, I need to push past that feeling and exercise anyway.
KrisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 01:48 AM   #14  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

i belive in you mug.
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote