Old 09-20-2007, 05:21 PM   #1  
CarolMc03

S/C/G: 160/151/135

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy I really need help!!! Having a major weak moment & cravings

Hi! I started LAWL about 4 weeks ago. The center is really great. The two ladies have been very helpful. I lost 10lbs within the first 2 weeks, which was great! Went on vacation....gained back about 3-4 and then lost it the week I got back. Anyway, I have been stuck at the 10lbs all week and I am so discouraged! I know it is stupid but I think I really got pumped up with the quick weight loss and now that I have followed it to the T and not screwed up and haven't lost anymore I am getting weak and want to eat like I regularly do....real pizza, cake, etc! What do you all do when you get weak? I would love some suggestions. Thanks
CarolMc03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Carol,

First of all, you have done great. Weight doesn't come off for most of us in a nice regular fashion. There will be good weeks and bad weeks. It has only been 4 weeks, normally if you had lost 10 pounds in a month, you would think that you were doing great. It is really how bad do you want it? Bad enough to stick to it even when it is not showing on the scale, since even when the scale isn't moving, often times you are still losing, little by little. Sometimes I've lost inches but not pounds. So something is happening. Have you been exercising more? Sometimes when I do the weight loss stalls (but the fat loss is continuing). The scale is really kind of a bad judge of how well you are doing, as lots of things cause the scale to blip up.

I don't know if they still allow this, since I've been on maintenance for awhile now and I know there are new plans out there. But there used to be something called the Carb Craver. Where you could have something on the carby side for one meal (one time a week) and count it as a protein instead of a starch. I would check your menu plan and see if that is still an option. Since that way perhaps you could go and have that piece of pizza and still be sticking with it. I don't know if the new plans allow this though... or if you are on one of the ones that require a really strict starting month and then you got some more extras.

Most of all, stick with it, since sometimes it just takes awhile for all your good work to show up on the scale, and that doesn't mean it is not working.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:25 PM   #3  
CarolMc03

S/C/G: 160/151/135

Height: 5'4"

Thank you so much for your answer. I will call the center tomorrow!
CarolMc03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:30 PM   #4  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Carol........you can do it, you can do it, you can do it!!!! Your COD will help you That is why you paid them the big bucks Just take it one day, or meal, or bite at a time. The newbie let down can be tough to endure.......but it will pass, and very soon you will see a nice sclae change Hang in there
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 224/189/130

Height: 5'5"

First off - congrats on the 10 lbs!!

I know how you feel. I haven't lost any real weight in three months. Discouraging - extremely, give up - never! (plateau is medical, not LAWL's program)

I keep on plan by remembering why I joined LAWL, and why I want to lose the weight. I find I am most tempted to cheat at work, while sitting at a desk. To keep me motivated, I put up a picture of the wedding dress I want(and now ordered in two sizes too small). When I think of cheating, I look at the picture and it boosts my motivation. I also carry around pictures and look through old photo albums of when I was at my goal weight, and remind myself I can get there!

Someone started a thread on here why they joined LAWL, why they wanted to lose the weight. If pictures don't work for you, perhaps writing down your reasons would?

Whatever plan you are on, coloured or numbered, you should be able to have pizza, just in moderation. On coloured plans it was a carb craver. On numbered plan it counts as what the exchanges should have been (I think 2 starch and 1 protein, but not positive, I don't have my book in front of me).

Also, there are some great recipes posted on this site and in the cookbook. If I want a treat, I make something from the cookbook...Cures my craving and I am still on plan.

If you do go off plan here and there, it is not end of world. Just pick up where you left off and keep forging on.

hope this is a help! Hang in there, the weight will come off!!
Pastrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:01 AM   #6  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Carol: Don't give up. There are some things that you can do to get the scale moving in the right direction. Here are some suggestions and some links to some previous threads.

1) - Make sure you are eating POP. Check your logs, measure your food, get that water in.

2) Look at the plataeu buster information.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122679

3) Drink Hot Lemon Water to flush your system.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118419

4) Make sure you are getting enough Fiber.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121393

5) Do a TO, FF or Boost
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116799 for boost or
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70537 for FF / TO
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:22 AM   #7  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

nice info amy......i just copied and pasted it into a word document for future use
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote