Old 09-18-2007, 09:50 AM   #1  
Aleecia

Default Much harder this time around

So it's been one week since I have recommitted to losing weight and I am more than a little frustrated. Unfortunately I have gained two pounds. URGH!
I don't know what it is. Last year when I lost a bunch of weight it almost seemed too easy. I am having a hard time figuring out what is different this time around.
I am in no way ready to give up but it stresses me out how hard this really is.
Guess I just needed to throuw a little tantrum.
How does everyone else deal with staying on track and keep plugging along?
I guess I just need to be patient and the weight will come off in time.

Thanks for listening to my rant!!
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 297/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'8

I am having the same problem!! Last year I lost 70lbs with no problem now Im having trouble trying to get back under 200. I have been yoyoing between 210-215. I dont know what is going on now. Last year seemed so different, maybe I just have too much stress in my life and IM unhappy right now and thats the problem. But I cant really do anything about my stress level at the moment and Im getting more stressed b/c Im having surgery in a couple of months and I really need to be below 200 right now.
cara1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 248/245/120

Height: 5'2"

I'm in the same boat. I've had this 245 label on top of me for who knows how long. I reeeeally need to get myself into gear but sometimes it seems impossible to get motivated! uuuggghhh!
srqmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:18 PM   #4  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi Angel,
I ask myself the question Daily: Why am I staying on plan this time, what is working?
I think like an alcoholic/drug abuser, I had to hit bottom, in order to recover. This is my 3rd time, here, and the first two times, I was only able to loose 20 lbs before I quit, gained what I lost + more back. I got to the point where, my health was horrible, I was lathergic, swollen feet, and pain in my back. I couldn't walk very far, and after growing into a size 26 , tightly. I was scared. Plus my kids were going down the same path, and I only encouraged it. I would eat a package of junk, whether it be cookies, cake ect, and blame it on someone else in the house, that is how low I sank. If I didn't do something about it, I know I would die early.
What has kept me on track is being able to loose the weight I didn't think I could loose 55 lbs, I still can't to tell the truth. I come here daily , sometimes hourly, and am accountable for what I eat, I log my food in at fitday.com and know that I am worth who I am becoming.
Good luck with your weight loss, and I hope you find the thing that motivates you.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:32 PM   #5  
hara hachi bu

I find it easiest to lose weight when everything else in my life is in order - when I like my job, housing is good, family is healthy, when I don't have other more pressing issues to address.

For me, it's like a part-time job - I plan a lot and do a lot of cutting vegetables.

Last edited by phantastica; 09-18-2007 at 12:32 PM.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:33 PM   #6  
Aleecia

Thanks for all of the comments.
It's crazy because I am doing everything that I was doing last year and still no results. Maybe it does have to do with stress. I was definitly a lot more stressed last year than I am now.
My life is really great righ how except for this weight.
I will just keep reminding myself why I am doing this and hopefully soon I will see results.

Thanks again!
Old 09-18-2007, 01:37 PM   #7  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Leec, I'm so sorry that the weight isnt coming off for you this time. I get the impression from your post that you're staying on-plan, but the plan isnt working this time? Could your plan use some tweaking? I understand how frustrating it is to stay on-plan with no positive results. Please let us know if you'd like some input. There are some pretty wise "losers" here!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:48 PM   #8  
hara hachi bu

One thing that helps me when I think "I'm doing everything the same as I did last year" is to look back and compare food journals (if you kept them), and then measure portions out again for a few days to make sure that your serving sizes are accurate.

What I had to realize is that I was following the same basic advice of eating healthy except when I go out to eat - but my going out to eat increased from once a week to probably 3-4 times a week.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:47 PM   #9  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Leec, I had a similar problem. It eventually went away and I started to lose at the same rate as last time. It's fanciful thinking, but I imagined my body was just testing me to see if I was really serious this time. Who knows the real mechanics behind it, but whatever it was, I got past it.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:54 AM   #10  
Aleecia

It's funny that you say that, because that's exactly how I feel.
It's like something inside keeps saying are you sure you want to lose weight.
I hate it.
Sometimes I just feel like screaming, I DO! I DO! I DO!
I'm sure it will happen as long as I stay on plan.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey there! I don't know if you remember me or not but I had the very same struggles. I kicked butt back in 2004 when I lost 80 some odd pounds. I had a baby, gained it all back and 3YEARS LATER... I am finally doing it again, going on 3 weeks now. I tried several times within that 3 year period to get back on plan but it wasn't right. I can't even identify what the real issue was except for maybe that mentally, I just wasn't ready. Something that really helped me was making sure that I had lots of really healthy food around, planning my days around avoiding triggers, and pumping myself up. I am a planner by nature, so I planned everything, really got into it. Bought myself some new light cookbooks and made it a project. I've said this to a few people but I honestly feel just like I did the first time around....but it did take me 3 years. Something just Clicks... You can most certainly do it, regardless if its harder than the last time and I know that if you put your mind to it, you'll do wonderfully... Good luck.. I am here for support if you need it!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 02:10 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

I can so relate to where you are. I have been tracking my food religiously and staying to an average of 1600 calories for well over 3 months now. Plus, I am exercising consistently. Still the scale barely budges....7 kg (15 pounds) in about 3 months.

What keeps me going is that I know how much better I feel even having lost only a fraction of what I ultimately want to lose. My clothes feel loose. I'm able to do more with ease. I'm not saying that I don't get frustrated and irritated 'cuz it seems like everyone else loses so easily, but I just have to keep reminding myself that this is how it is working for me right now. It might change tomorrow and I'll drop quicker - but slow or quick, easy or difficult, this is the path I'm on right now.

One thing that keeps me going is coming here and reading the support everyone gives each other. Also, there are some great blogs out there that I visit to get a boost when I need it. Rant away.....sometimes we just need to say things 'out loud' and then we can continue moving forward.
KrisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:11 AM   #13  
Aleecia

Yes Gretchen I do remember you. Thanks for the comments. Your right about it just clicking. That's how it was last year. I guess I had just come to a point where things just clicked. I am hoping to have that same feeling soon.
Best of luck to you as well.

Thanks Kris. It does help to come here and even if I don't post anything it helps to read some of the comments to know that I am not the only one going through a difficult time.
I just have to keep plugging away and realize that it might take longer or the process might be slower but I'll get there.
Good luck to you as well.