Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 06:52 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Smile September/October Alternachick chat

Hello alternachicks!

Hope everyone had a good summer and is raring to go for the fall!

I am getting into the cooler weather already. Today I finished painting the trim on the front porch.

Then I baked low-fat muffins and banana bread (a WW recipe), and for dinner I am making a ham with scalloped potatoes (a WW recipe) and corn.

I really enjoyed baking and have missed doing it over the summer. I am also looking forward to making soup.

I am signing up for bellydance class in two weeks and really need to get back to basics after taking the summer off.

What"s new with all of you?
Old 09-16-2007, 07:56 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Bellydance classes sounds like fun - wonder if I could find any around here - are they expensive ????

I'm getting my house organized - well as much as is possible
I LOVE this time of year - cool nights for sleeping - coolish days
Red Sox winning the division and in the playoffs

I do miss baking too but can't do it much - I'll eat it and there's just me and my 10 year old
I'm going to try to make a couple of things a week in my crockpot and then freeze a few meals so I can just microwave at night and steam a veggie

I'm looking forward to spending more time on my new bike - can't deal with the heat so this is s great time of year for me to really burn the calories on long rides

Hope everyone is well.............
Old 09-17-2007, 08:14 AM   #3  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Witchy - I got a new bike this summer too. Didn't use it much during school holidays because it's not as easy with the boys. I did get to use it when we were camping, but not so much at home. I've only used it once since school started but have more opportunity now and as you say, it's cooler.

For me, I started TOPS this fall - with all my boys finally in school I have a bit of time to go to such things. Only two meetings so far but a supportive group of ladies and it looks like it will be fun.

A small NSV this weekend - I accidentally put DH's shorts on (he's in much better shape than me, being one who works construction and naturally slender) and didn't notice until we were out! They did feel a little odd, but what actually made me notice is that they have a cargo pocket on one leg, and mine don't. I'm only 10lbs heavier than him right now, and am aiming for 20-25lbs lighter in the long run.

I'll miss the summer veggies (and the farmer's market, which ends Oct. 6) but I love the crockpot meals of fall. We bought some organic beef finally this weekend which I'm cooking tonight. I plan on ordering a package of meat from the same farm next time DH gets paid.

On with the day...
Jax
Old 09-17-2007, 09:55 AM   #4  

I'm so ready for fall, but so not ready for winter!

Bellydance classes do sound like fun! My husband has a bellydancer thing, and he made me promise to take classes eventually. Maybe...when my belly is less jiggly.

I bought new trail running shoes Saturday and meant to break them in Sunday, then spent the whole day cleaning and was too exhausted. *sigh* Maybe tonite, but probably not. I have to sew three huge dog beds so I can have my bed back!
Old 09-20-2007, 12:27 AM   #5  
Stresse stressed stressed

S/C/G: 250/165/130

Height: 5'3"

Eco, you know that Belly Dance can help your belly to become less jiggly don't ya? You can do it and then when you are all slim and trim, you'll be a pro at it and you can seduce him with your mesmerizing hips
Old 09-20-2007, 07:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

EcoGeek-contrary to popular opinion, it is actually a good thing for a belly dancer to have a belly and hips that can jiggle. It makes the flutters, belly rolls, and hip shimmies much more pronounced and apparent. It is much easier for an overweight woman to get a really good hip shimmy than it is for someone who is stick thin with no body fat whatsoever.

How are you ladies doing today?

I have been meaning to jump into this chat all month!

Mauv-how are you?
Old 09-21-2007, 11:32 PM   #7  

Yep! All types of women have been in the classes I have taken. In fact it is a great way to trim down your hips and tighten up your abs but it is great to have curves to shimmy with.

Classes in my area range from $52 to 80 for 10 to 12 classes.

Jaxjob - nice NSV!

Aphil - I'm doing well. I have been really busy at work and trying to clean out my house and paint before Christmas rolls around. I've also got some courses to take in October/November for work. At least being busy keeps life from getting dull -

How are things with you? How are your hubby and kids doing?
Old 09-22-2007, 10:31 AM   #8  

DH and the kids are great. Saber is 13 months old now, and walking and getting into EVERYTHING. My classes are going well-I teach 3 a week now.

Things are well here-doing stuff around the house, sewing, etc.

Old 09-30-2007, 02:42 PM   #9  

Wow - I can"t believe Saber is that old already!

Glad things are going well.

Well here we are almost into October - time to pack up the summer gear and get out the Halloween decor!

We are off to our last summer BBQ today - I will try to enjoy myself but not pig out too much.

I really need to get back on track and back to yoga class.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:00 PM   #10  

Whoo! Made it in twice in the last two days!

Tough day at work today - I'm exhausted.

DH and I are going to see Resident Evil 3 (or whatever it's called) tonight. We have a 2 for 1 one admission coupon.

We went last Monday to see Halloween and there were only 4 of us in the theatre. We are hoping that the same thing happens again tonight. It was nice to have the place to ourselves.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:50 PM   #11  
Made of Starstuff

Mauvaisroux - I love going to movies when the theatre's almost empty. Only problem there is then I'm tempted to go sit next to someone who's alone. Boy, I'm creepy. ;_; Anyway, I hope the movie's good ^^
Old 10-01-2007, 10:19 PM   #12  
Pending Email Confirmation

haha that's funny faerie because i was going to post and say that every time i think i'm lucky i've got the theater to myself or close to it - someone comes and sits either directly in front of me, or really close to me.

it would be fine except most of the time those people are also talkers! *LOL*

I really really want to see Into the Wild... Man I haven't gone to see a movie in quite some time...

Things here have still been a little bit stressful. October marks the beginning of mandatory overtime - I'll be working 6 day work weeks twice a month until January. BOOOOOO. That ought to do wonders for my stress levels. *LOL*

Other than that things are good - it really feels like fall here and it's very beautiful. I am enjoying snuggling up in warm clothes.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:38 AM   #13  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Hey guys I'm still here... been a bit busy with the bookbinding work.

I really want to take a bellydance class but i wouldn't have been comfortable at my starting weight. Since I've been working out at home for about 5 months now I'm much more comfortable with my body and I'm thinking about maybe taking a class after the holidays. I've done a few bellydance DVDs on my lower-intensity days (I know I know Aphil!) and I know for certain I don't feel as goofy as I did when I first tried one. I was like total disconnected with my body before or something.

-muse (who surpassed 50lbs down and 1/3 of the way there this week!)
Old 10-02-2007, 07:07 AM   #14  

muse-congrats on passing the 50 pound mark!!!!

I also love it when we go see a film and hardly anyone else is there. I hate it when moviegoers put their feet on the back of my seat, or kick the back of it romping around....talkers...those who don't turn off their cell phones...the makeout couples...

Old 10-02-2007, 10:35 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 188/184/140

Hi girls. Nice to see so many of you taking bellydance classes (or at least looking into it!). I did 2 hours of bellydancing last night (admittedly not non-stop ... we had a tendency to dance then stop and chat then dance some more, then chat some more!).

The troupe I have joined have a couple of performances coming up including a performance at the dance school's Halloween party I can't wait!

It's great exercise and the best thing is it really is for women of all ages, shapes and sizes!
Closed Thread