Old 09-18-2007, 01:36 PM   #1  
Takin' charge of my life!

Default Ready for a new start! newbies in Sept '07

Alrighty ladies! we were looking for a spot to make a group for us newbies...Here is a thread we can keep going and motivate each other in!

Tell us a little about yourself:
Name (real name or name we can call you!):
About you:
Why did you join?
What is your goal?
How are you going to acheive your goal?
Andi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:08 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

I'm relatively new, too, and just saw the initial thread about this group. I'd love to join, as well.

Name (real name or name we can call you!): Amber
About you: I'm 27 and the maid of honor in my best friend's wedding in November. I want to look good in her pictures. More importantly, I want to get my weight down the right way so I can maintain it for the REST OF MY LIFE.
Why did you join? I ran a google search for weight loss forums. I can use as much support as possible.
What is your goal? 130 lbs of pure muscle.
How are you going to acheive your goal? Calorie counting & exercise

Here's my goal for right now and all I care about today:

1.) I already had breakfast/snack/lunch. I'm going out to dinner tonight with friends and have 600 calories left. Goal #1: EAT NOTHING ELSE HERE AT WORK. I'm not hungry so I can't let my eating for the **** of it to rear it's ugly head this afternoon.

2.) Drink only WATER at dinner tonight. No alcohol.

3.) Peruse the menu carefully and only order something GOOD FOR YOU. DON'T OVEREAT. Eat only a serving size. Avoid anything fried.

4.) NO DESSERT.

It seems simple, but tonight is going to be so hard and I don't have any confidence in myself right now. (I did so badly at a restaurant last night.)
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:14 PM   #3  
Takin' charge of my life!

Name (real name or name we can call you!): Andi

About you: I'm 29 years old. Married. Have 1 son and 2 cats. Been heavy most of my life but am ready for a new start!

Why did you join? I saw a thread for those that have tried Turbo Jam and it peaked my interest. Saw a lot of supportive ladies around here that are a great inspiration and thought it would be a great place for me to start and stay accountable.

What is your goal? My goal is to get down to 140-150.

How are you going to acheive your goal? I plan on working out 5-7 days a week, either walking on the treadmill, outside, or using Turbo Jam, or my exercise ball. I have also started to count my calories as I realize I was eating whenever I wanted and whatever I wanted... NOT the way to lose weight obviously!
Andi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/211/140

Height: 5ft5

Name - Sara
About me -I'm 24, from England and just about to embark on a new life in London and I want to make this part of my positive change.
Why did I join - found the site by accident because I wanted to share the changes with people but am perhaps a bit embarassed to tell my skinny friends - want support from like-minded people
My Goal - To weigh 140lbs or at least be able to fit into my UK size 12 clothes (US 8) again (I've got a load in the cupboard)
Achieving my goal -I'm using the slimming world diet programme which allows you to eat as much of the healthy stuff as you want until you are full up and just a little of the junk. I'm also intending to start dance again when I move to London and am going to try and fit swimming into my life
saralou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/174/140

Height: 5 foot 9

Thanks Andi for taking the initiative and heading us in the right direction! losinitin07 & blooeyedgirl, glad to have you along! So a little about myself
Name : Melissa
About Me: I have 2 boys ( 8+3 ) we live in ny, I'm in college and hope to finish sometime this century, and I am long overdue to dropping all this babyweight!!
Why I am here: I am here because I have no one to go through this with. I feel like I'm the only one. It's nice that we're all here with one common goal and that we can support each other and give advice ( without paying for a personal trainer)
Goal: my minigoal is to lose 15lbs by Christmas. Overall I want to lose 60lbs.
How: Right now since I am just starting, I am paying attention to what I put in my mouth! So often you can eat a whole bag or box of this and that without even realizing it! Def. my problemI'm also easing into the exercise. 5 days a week-Pilates 20 min/day and walking 30min/day
I've ordered the Abs Diet book so as soon as I get that in I'll start that.Basically I'm just taking it day by day. BTW how much water should we be drinking a day?
Mikeyandres2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:24 PM   #6  
Secret Agent

S/C/G: 222.2/221/150

Height: 5'5"

PRESENT FOR ROLL CALL!!!

Is there a way for me to bookmark this?

Name (real name or name we can call you!): Angie or Ang
About you: Married- 29 yo, work full time as a 911 dispatcher, going to college full time, and a full time mom of two bellisimo bambinos. My Dtr is 6 and son is 9. Proud Navy Vet
Why did you join? Cause I am new? Wait- join what?
What is ur goal? 150 lbs baby. My low was 125 when in the Navy.. was comfy at 150. I have lost 30 or so lbs in the last year- need to keep on keepin on...
How are you going to acheive your goal? exercise, looking into WW and YOU GUYS AS MY FRIENDS!!!

Last edited by alhiser; 09-18-2007 at 02:29 PM.
alhiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:55 PM   #7  
On a De-fluffing Quest

S/C/G: 250/c sig/160

Name (real name or name we can call you!): Fluffs

About you: Getting married soon, haven't nailed down a date yet. I'm a relatively new convert to catholicism and so is my fiance. I had a miscarriage last summer, and I can't help but think my weight has something to do with it. Since that happened I'm more determined now to
1. Follow the rules of my faith w/regards to premarital relations and
2. Lose at least 30 lbs before the wedding so that I can fit into this awesome dress my Mom got from a friend of hers.
3. Lose 80 lbs within the next year before my soon to be hubby and I try to conceive again.

Why did you join? I saw a ticker on someone's siggy over on ovusoft dot com and thought I'd check things out. I do pretty well losing weight on my own, but have always bounced back. I especially like how this site has so many reasonable gals, and an active maintenance group. Maintenance is going to be the hardest part.

What is your goal? My main goal is to get healthy, and get my hormones straightened out (I have high estrogen/ LP defect which might be related to weight) My other goals are: Increase fitness, and slowly work up to jogging 5miles 3 times a week. Get my weight down to at least 144 lbs.

How are you going to acheive your goal? I'm starting out with lots of aerobics and stomach/crunch exercises. Lots of walking, hoping to accomplish at least 60 min of exercise 6 days a week by the end of October, and then increasing intensity of those 60 minutes as time goes on. I also follow a self-modified Atkins type diet, that is partially inspired by the Weston A. Price foundation. The basics of my plan are... veggies veggies veggies, organic meats and eggs.. No fake foods.. and workout!!

Last edited by MissyFluffs; 09-18-2007 at 02:56 PM.
MissyFluffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 148/140/115-120

Hey everyone!

My name is Fleur and I'm a college freshman. I just got onto campus recently and I want to make positive changes in my life. I have never been overweight by the normal standard, nor have I ever been extremely underweight. From that last statement, you may be wondering why I am on this site, but bear with me.

During high school, I developed ED-NOS, which turned into bulimia. While I was bulimic, I did not lose much weight at all; I actually gained some weight, which was extremely frustrating. Once I became afraid of what I was doing to my teeth by throwing up, I stopped, but I continued with the compulsive overeating that accompanied my bulimia because I was having a hard time at home and socially. As a result, I gained about 30 lbs on my small frame (I'm a little taller than average with a naturally slender frame, if that makes sense). At my highest, I was just under 150 lbs. To this day, my eating is out of control, and I guess I just need some support to normalize it and get healthy again. I would love to lose the weight that I gained during my two years of eating compulsively day after day. Eventually things got so bad that on some days I would eat enough to be nauseous, throw up, and continue eating. I also have a habit of overeating now, but that is really hard to break. How I never reached an overweight standard, I am not sure, but I really dislike how my body is proportioned right now.

Every time I look in the mirror, I get reminded of my eating disorder because of the way I look, and that is a depressing feeling I want to get rid of. I cannot fit into clothes that fit me before or even a few months ago. I would like to have my old body back, but more than that I would love to have a more toned body than what I had when my eating disorder started so that I can be proud of the way I look. I want to be able to go to the beach and not feel guilty because I feel like everyone knows about my eating disorder when they see me in a bathing suit. I want to look good naked. In more constructive terms, I would like to be between 115-120 lbs, which is in the lower healthy weight range for my height according to bmi.

I've never worked out regularly, so I would love to be active, toned, sexy, and at a point where weight doesn't control my life. I have grown a lot and I have seen a psychologist about my problems, but I feel that I need to do something about my weight and body to get over my issues and truly be happy.

I originally found this site through the Oprah magazine (she recommended it) so I joined. I have not made any posts yet and right now I feel inspired to make changes in my life because there have already been so many changes in the past few weeks. I want to live the life I have always wanted to live. I want to be the person I have always wanted to be. I'm young. I should be doing something productive instead of sitting on my *** and being depressed because of things that are in the past right now. I feel like being in a forum will give me more inspiration and motivation (which I really need).

To achieve my goal, I plan on trying to take things slowly. I'm really busy with college, but I want to start by making my eating habits healthier. I eat a lot of sweets and junk food, so I am going to try to minimize that and eventually cut it out altogether. I want to eat more vegetables and fruits and get my eating down to three meals per day (since I get out of control if I eat more than 3 times per day and the mini meals have never worked for me). I may start counting calories at a later date, but for now I just want to be aware of calories. I also want to get my study habits more developed so that I can't use the "I have no time" excuse for exercise. I'm planning to walk briskly/jog on the weekends at least. That's all for now.

I can't wait to get to know the rest of you and for us to make positive changes in our lives together!

Last edited by traurigeslied; 09-18-2007 at 11:55 PM.
traurigeslied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:00 PM   #9  

I just signed up today and would love to join the newbies group too!

My name is Debbie and I decided to join for some much needed support. I've done weight watchers before and kept the weight off for 4 years before packing most of it back on. My SO likes to eat and I had a very stressful job (just retired) so between the two, I was doomed!! I would like to lose between 25 and 30 pounds and hope it do it by changing the way I eat instead of "dieting." I also need to motivate myself to walk - diabetes runs in the famly. If I could only stay away from bread and desserts. They are my downfall!! I'm looking forward to this newbies group!

Thanks!
Debbie

Last edited by chasdeb; 09-18-2007 at 04:09 PM.
chasdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:55 PM   #10  
no more buddha belly!

S/C/G: 174/174/155

Height: 5'9"

I'm Here!! Glad we got something going!

Name (real name or name we can call you!): Jenn

About you: I'm a stay at home mum to dtr13 and son 8. Kids and hubby got me a gym membership for my bday (sept 1) and I can't help but think that they were trying to tell me something!

Why did you join? I am the type that needs motivation.. good job.. pat on the back.. kind of thing. I'm looking forward to comparing notes and cheering each other on!

What is your goal? My goal is to tell someone what I weigh and not hear... that much? Oh you're tall.. you carry it well. Arghhhhhh! My goal is to lose at least 15lbs by Christmas.

How are you going to acheive your goal? Going to the gym at least 4x a week. Weights and cardio and count calories. I've done it before (Canadian version of Curves) but quit and it soon crept back up on me. I did it once ... I can do it again.. and stay that way!
blooeyedgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:42 PM   #11  
Black Team TBL-WMB

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Height: 5'6'

Hi all glad to be here

Name: Rena
About me: I live in Northern (Burr) Maine I say burr because the temps are dropping into the cool 60-70's winter is not far behind.I am married have been for 12 years to a wonderful hubby,I am a social worker for the elderly,and a CNA.I love my job. I have 2 step children and 1 of my own she is 19 married baby #1 on the way,I also have two other grand babies. I like to kayak,gardening ,plastic canvas and quilting
Why did I join: I like the support and all the great ideas and help.
What is my goal : To be healthy ,to be there for those grand babies that God has entrusted to me.To slowly and safely get to 140 so that I don't lose really fast and gain it all back
How are you going to achieve this goal? a lot of this and the walk way pounds tape.
and less of this And lots of support from this site and my DH and our black lab they keep me going. It is so nice to meet you all we can do this I know we can
losinitin07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:10 PM   #12  
Secret Agent

RENA!! I used to be a Mainer- I lived in Cutler!! I used to love driving around up to calais and NB to go shopping. Spent a lot of time in Lubec too!! I am in Montana Now.

Ang

Last edited by alhiser; 09-19-2007 at 12:10 AM.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:16 PM   #13  
Secret Agent

iris! I think we are all here for each other no matter what the "issue" is. I am sure we have all had problems and the reason why this group was started is for support. We would never bash you or anything! Hang in there! We will prevail!!
Old 09-19-2007, 01:56 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 148/140/115-120

I would like to note that I have changed my username from traurigeslied to LaFleur and that I would like to be known as Fleur from now on (for privacy reasons, if that's okay).

Thanks so much for the reassuring words. They helped. A lot. I didn't do so well yesterday, but today is a new day.
traurigeslied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:59 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 164/157/115-120

Here I am! This is me with my more positive username!

I hope you all have a good night and sleep tightly.

Sweet dreams.
LaFleur is offline   Reply With Quote