Old 09-17-2007, 10:11 AM   #1  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Default 09/17/07 Alli Support, Post here now!

Happy Monday Alli-Cats and Alli-Gators!!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was busy. I worked all weekend most all of Saturday (we are supposed to be closed at noon, but I had people coming all day) and then a couple hours on Sunday, then we had a Church Dinner to go to.

I didnt do the best this week or weekend but that happens....

Lets have a great week!!!!!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:17 PM   #2  

Talking

good monday every one ! weigh in day and i lost 2 lbs !! i was discouraged and emotional over the week end and ate more often than i should have. a bad pattern i need to break. what do you all do instead of emotional eating ?
got2gethealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:01 PM   #3  
Gettin Closer!!

Got2, I know what you mean about emotional eating...I am trying to curb that also...CONGRATS on the 2lbs!!!! THAT IS SUPER!
Old 09-17-2007, 01:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 305/282/199

Height: 5'6"

Hi Got2--I'm an emotional eater too. The thing that works best for me is to put it off for a couple of minutes.
I've found I can wait a few minutes at a time with no problem. As the minutes keep adding up, most of the time the emotional stuff settles down and the urge passes without incident.
Way to go, on the 2 lbs vanished. My weigh in day is tomorrow--wish me luck.
Beck1Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:06 PM   #5  
Gettin Closer!!

Beck-GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!!! You are moving right along!!!
Old 09-17-2007, 07:00 PM   #6  

thanks ladies..i am also thinking of getting a big magnetic stop sign and stick it on the fridge! good luck tomarow beckbeck
Old 09-17-2007, 07:20 PM   #7  

great now i have 2 trackers ! how do i edit the pounds lost without adding another tracker !!!
Old 09-17-2007, 08:09 PM   #8  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Just curious: anyone doing South Beach with alli?
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:03 PM   #9  

Still, working all weekend isn't fun!! Tell them we said you don't have to do that anymore.

Sue, congrats on the 2 pounds!!! emotional eating. I'll be honest, usually I don't eat when I am very emotional except the past week with hubby in the hospital! There are so many fast food places between home and the hospital, and then I pass them again on the way home! AND the hospital cafeteria has really good food!! Sad, isn't it??? lol I have started making smarter decisions when I'm there. I've had soup and salad the past few meals that I've eaten there.

dcapulet, I don't think I'm really doing any certain diet. Just cutting back on the fats, watching the calories, and I guess I do watch the carbs some too.

If all goes well, my hubby might get to come home on Thursday. He was finally allowed to get up and walk today with a PT. He did great. He is joking around with everyone, so he is becoming a favorite patient for them. It is such a relief. He told me to leave early today so I could come home, rest for a while, and then go to my water aerobics class.

It's nice actually sitting down and reading posts again!! I don't feel as stressful as I've been feeling. Knowing he is better, and going to aerobics tonight helped relax me.

Take care everyone!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:19 PM   #10  
Happy New Rears!

Why oh why did I just eat a Mars Bar?
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:16 PM   #11  

thingirl have you tried the boxes of 100 cal candy bars ? i tried the muskateers and they a very good. it helps when i need a chocolate fix ! Tammy glad ur hubby is on the mend and you are going to arobics. decapulet..south beach sounds good with alli. never tried it though. i cant seem to follow food plans anymore or specific diets
Old 09-18-2007, 07:51 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 305/282/199

Height: 5'6"

Default One Ain't Bad!

Okay, so I weighed in today and only lost one pound. At first, I started to get a bit hicky with myself but then I realized:

One pound down is still better than 1 pound up.

Well DUH!! For years, I couldn't seem to stop gaining, so even if I get stuck at some point, I've got to remember that I've made progress, just by holding my own.

So, in light of my "brilliant" insight, (hehehe) here's one of my very favorite quotes from Terry Pratchett.

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. Terry Pratchett

Party on, folks!
Beck1Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:02 AM   #13  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

yeah for one more pound gone!
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:13 AM   #14  
Happy New Rears!

When I think of a pound gone, I picture a pound of butter sitting on the counter.... instead of on on my hips & butt. Way to go!

got2gethealthy, no I haven't tried the 100 calories treats, mainly because I'm diabetic and shouldn't have sugar at all - but last night I lost it. Got stressed out about something and it happened so fast. I wish I had one of those 100 calories treats to reach for instead.
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:53 AM   #15  

Thin, a Mars bar! I haven't had one of those in ages!!!!!! Now I want one.

Sue, I bought some 100 calorie packs of snacks like doritos last night. I opened the box and saw the teeny tiny bag, and I cracked up. I ended up with about 1/2 of one of those bags because the dog decided it was snack time for him also.

Beck, congrats on the pound lost!!!! That's great!!!

I just took the dog to the doggy hotel. We're just doing daycare with him this week instead of leaving him overnight. I enjoy having him home in the evenings with me. Last week it was very lonely here after our son went back to college midweek. I'm getting some laundry done, need to change the sheets for when hubby comes home, and then I'll be heading to the hospital about 11:00.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote