View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 12:21 PM   #1
living the lifestyle

S/C/G: 225/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Default LA Lites - Bars vs. Drink Mixes

Hey all,

I have been having a hard time losing weight lately (and getting under the big 200!). When I went into my center, she suggested that I substitute the LA drinks (Hot Chocolate, Cafe Au Lait, mixed berry, etc...) for the LA bars. She made some good points that I thought I would post & see what others thought.

The chocolate chip cookie dough bar has 190 calories. 4.5 grams of fat, 30 carbs, and 19grams of sugar. If you each two of these a day that is 380 calories and nearly 40 grams of sugar in just the bars.

The hot chocolate has like 80 calories, .5 grams of fat, 10 carbs, and 5 sugars. (I don't have the box for exact amounts, but another post showed these as the amounts & they may have changed a little).

Anyways, if you switched from bars to the hot chocolate, you would consume 220 less calories, 8 grams of fat, 40 carbs, and 28 grams of sugar less each day. Doesn't this seem like a significant amount??? and hot chocolate is one of the higher calorie lite drinks.

Don't get me wrong - I love the bars, but I wonder if that is what is hindering my weight loss. Not so much the calories, since they are built into the plan, but the carbs, fat and sugars.

My counselor and I agreed to sub one drink for one bar for a week and see what happens. I'm not sure if I can give up both bars. However, if drop a significant amount of weight this week from just subbing one bar, I think that is a small sacrifice.

I'm just wondering if others have thought of this. While I knew the drinks would be less, until I actually compared the two, the significant difference didn't hit me. I'm also suggesting to anyone at a plateau or having trouble losing, maybe they should try this. I think the cold drinks only have about 40 calories - that's nearly 300 calories less a day!!!!

Anywhoo, just wanted to comment on the revelation that hit me yesterday about the bars.

Kathryn

Countdown to New Year
living the lifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote