View Single Post
Old 04-08-2002, 01:24 PM   #8
Maggie
Thin Within

Arrow Weigh Day

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a lovely morning here- nothing new there. I am going to get some beans soaked tonight so we can cook that White Bean Chili that is in that Cream of the Crop book. We are going to cut the recipe in half and do it in the little Dutch oven. I haven't cooked that one before and will let you know how it turns out.

JEAN you are probably right about that odor following that motorhome. At least while they were here we weren't bothered by flys ~ they all congregated around that camp site. It was absolutely full of flys and we had none. She can probably be eilgible to get into the assisted living housing they have in the county. She seems to know the county pretty well so she may be from around here. The folks she was traveling with are from Florida. The sheriff is supposed to contact us today after she gets situated so we can take her things to her.

GAIL that is so nice to hear that Faye turned out to be someone that you can feel comfortable for your FIL to have as his main squeeze. She sounds like she is good for him and vice versa. After I made that Breakfast Casserole I froze a couple of the servings and they were great for Cowboy to microzap for an early breakfast. He gets up real early sometimes...... It freezes well. Serve it to company with a nice bowl of mixed fruit slices or sliced up fresh strawberries ~ it will be a great hit. It tastes a lot like a sausage casserole I used to make that was loaded with calories and points. Have you made that cover picture recipe yet - mac and cheese. It is good. I sprinkle mine with chili flakes and spice it up. I made it yesterday. OH dear you need your bag of veggies. I bet you get them first thing when you get home. We take the cans to a man who is probably called a middle man who then takes them to the center when he has a truck load. I am not sure where the big center is ~ they do plastic, glass and cans ~ quite an operation.

Have a good afternoon Flowers ~ I'll be back after my meeting with the Iron Monster.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Last edited by Maggie; 04-08-2002 at 01:27 PM.