Old 09-13-2007, 11:06 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Unsweetened Almond Milk and Splenda sweetened Soy Milk

At the moment I'm drinking unsweetened almond milk
I had bought it to try in coffee (I love plain SOy milk in coffee) its ok I won't buy it again
Am I shooting myself in the foot with this? I can throw it out I just figured I'd finish it.
INGREDIENTS: PURIFIED WATER, ALMONDS, TAPIOCA
STARCH, CALCIUM CARBONATE, SEA SALT,
POTASSIUM CITRATE, CARRAGEENAN, SOY
LECITHIN, NATURAL FLAVOR, VITAMIN A PALMITATE,
VITAMIN D2, D-ALPHA-TOCOPHEROL (NATURAL VITAMIN
E)
Also I bought I think it's called Soy Slender is this legal?
Ingredients: Organic soymilk (filtered water, whole organic soybeans), filtered water, cocoa powder (processed with alkali), natural flavors, tricaclium phosphate, sea salt, carrageenan, sucralose (SplendŽ Brand), vitamin A palmitate, vitamin D2, riboflavin (Vitamin B2)

Serving Size: 1 Cup
Calories per Serving: 70
Carbs: 5
Fiber: 4
Fat: 3g
Protein: 7g
Sugar: 0g
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:18 AM   #2  

What do you mean is it legal?

Funny, I just bought some Splenda sweetened soy by mistake this week - the Cappucino flavor. My gosh, it is SO GOOD! But, I was irritated when I saw that it had Splenda! I've taken the organic route and have sworn off additives such as this, and was wondering what the heck Splenda was doing mixed with organic food??? I'll finish it, but won't buy it again.
csm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:05 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

CSM, KO means "legal" for South Beach. Looks OK to me although I'm not into soy milk.

KO, the only thing I'm not sure of is the tapioca starch in the almond milk.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:18 PM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I threw the almon dmilk out it was nsty and there was no protien to speak of in it bleh!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:06 AM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

KO, the soy milk looks fine and it sounds like the almond milk isn't an issue.

CSM, as far as I know, it's pretty hard to find unsweetened soy milk...although maybe that's changed? Anyways, my understanding is that unsweetened soy milk can be really unpalatable. I've found it hard to find totally organic/natural foods that fit with SBD unless they're totally unsweetened. The only thing I've seen that might work is erithrytol. It's a sugar substitute but is completely natural. Stonyfield Farms, I believe, is using it in some of their flavored organic yogurts. If it's not them, there's another big organic company that is. Might be an option--to look for erithrytol-sweetened soy milk? I applaud your sticking to natural and organic foods!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote