Old 09-10-2007, 11:19 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #187 Bale of Turtles Doing Well!

We are the turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:22 AM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess, that gain will go right away because of TOM. I'm looking forward to a good week for myself since my company is gone and we shouldn't have any until this weekend which is my dd's bridal shower here. I've done lots of preparation for it and I hope it goes well. Wish me luck!

I've been exercising more than usual and am hoping that that will help. I know it will. Take care and chime in, Turtles!
Judy
234.6/222/thinner into onederland
Old 09-10-2007, 12:24 PM   #3  

Hi Turtles,
I have been getting in 1 -2 mile walks about every other day. My eating has been worse though. I am just going to keep trying. We can do this if we don't give up.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/139/152

Height: 5'5'

Hi Turtles hope everyone is great. A friend of the family passed away last week so I have been busy helping out.
I weighed myself last night I have lost 4kgs woo hoo Have a good day everyone
INVU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Tuesday!

INVU: Awesome job! How many pounds is that? ... LOL, I don't know my measurement conversion very well =)

Autumn: Great job on the walking! That is what I need to do but I am so busy with homework and study for this class that I am taking that I literally have no extra time right now... I need to find some though! Again, Great Job!

Judy: Busy as always! LOL, with as much running and entertaining, etc as you do it is a wonder that you are not worn out all the time! Such a super woman!
Good luck on the shower, I know it will be great!

I have to run but will check back later on.
Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:23 PM   #6  
Chick

INVU weigh to go! Great loss, but to be completely honest, I'm not quite sure how much that is! Glad that you're chiming in because I expect to learn a lot from you.

Autumn, glad you're exercising and walking. Even if the eating isn't exactly what you want, you're heading in the right direction and you'll get there.

Princess, I'm so glad you're chiming in even though you're so busy. The time will go by, you'll have the studying and extra work load done, and you'll get a promotion. Really worth it! In the meantime it looks like you're doing fine.

I am very busy and I am tired more than I'd like. I did get on today and I watched my food but I sure am feeling mighty chubby right about now.
Take it easy and let's all work the baby steps.
Judy
Old 09-11-2007, 10:23 PM   #7  

Hello Turtles hope everyone is well.
Itryharder Good luck for the weekend
CherryAutumn Great job on the walking
Princess Keep up the good work dont forget some down time for yourself
4kgs is about 8 pounds.
Well its been a good day today I went out for a walk around the lake with my sister and our kids and feed the ducks I forgot how cool it is
Old 09-12-2007, 04:45 PM   #8  
Chick

INVU, thanks for the update on kilos/pounds. When I taught second graders I pointed out that a large text book weighs about 2# and 1kilogram. It just amazed me that you lost so much so quickly so I thought I had remembered the conversion wrong. Weigh to go x a kilo!!!!! You must be so proud. Keep up the good work.

As for me, my WI this morning was great. I knocked off the 2# I put on last week and a tiny bit more. So, for the first time in a long time, I am under 220# and although it's not where I'd like to be, it is movement in the right direction. I also started flex today and I got on the treadmill. So please keep me in your thoughts and cheer me on. I want the best for all of us.
Judy
234.6/219.8/thinner into onederland
Old 09-13-2007, 08:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all!

Judy: Awesome Job! You can do it and it all seems to be coming together for you!

All: How is everyone doing today? It is a beautiful day here in the midwest... sunny and cool, fall is on the way! I love this time of year.

I have to run, busy day ahead.

I will check back in later on.

Have happy day!
Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:03 PM   #10  

I am currently weighing in at 209 my short term goal is to get to 205. That will be my lowest weight since having my son 3 months ago. I can't wait to get below 200 pounds i haven't seen those numbers since having my 2 yr. old dear daughter.

Keep up the good work Judy and Princess we can do this.

INVU - thanks for the support
Old 09-15-2007, 10:32 AM   #11  
Chick

Go Turtles! We are an awesome bunch of people.

Well, I cooked yesterday for the shower. I wanted to check in and see how you all are doing before I get myself together for the "big day." I know my dd is excited about the party and I'm sure it will be wonderful. I have to remember to enjoy the guests and the party and downplay my eating the yummy foods! I can do this. It's a matter of setting priorities, right?

Everyone have a great weekend. It's rainy here right now, but I'm hoping for the sun to come out.
Take care, do baby steps, drink lots of water and make yourself proud! By the way, I'm on FLEX this week and have been using Lean Cuisine meals for dinner. They are lifesavers in the point dept. Just thought I'd mention it.

Judy
Old 09-15-2007, 04:07 PM   #12  

Hi Turtles hope you all are well. I am havin a bad week eating too much.I have got to pull it together. Have a good one

Last edited by INVU; 09-15-2007 at 04:08 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:19 PM   #13  

Today is a new day Turtles!
It is Monday and i plan to get my butt back in gear. I need to eat better for myself. I can do this. I cannot and will not give up.
Have a good day ladies.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:12 PM   #14  
Chick

Hi TUrtles,
INVU, we all have bad hours, days, weeks and even months when we eat too much, feel guilty, and try to make ourselves feel better by eating more. We all know that doesn't work, but once we get off track it takes effort to get back in. Here's some hints and a to help you do the right thing for yourself.
1. Get good foods in the house and get rid of the fattening stuff
2. Pat yourself on the back for wanting to do the right thing
3. Drink water, exercise, use portion control and figure out why you're overeating. If you are eating from stress or emotions, write down the "stuff: you want to get rid of and read it and burn it up.

Good luck. We all have tough weeks.

Cherry, Good luck with this week. It's Monday and a new day!!! You can do this.

The shower was very successful. I really enjoyed myself and so did the guests and the bride, etc. We had a great time. I ate little because I was so busy, but now I have to ditch the left-overs because they are too tempting. Let's all have a great week.

Ariana and Princess, I'm thinking of you and wishing you well.
Judy
Old 09-17-2007, 05:23 PM   #15  

Hi Turtles hope everyone is great
Thanks Judy I needed that.Great news that the shower was a success
Cherry dont give up we know and you know YOU CAN DO THIS
Princess hope your well
Hope I didnt forget anyone
GO TURTLES GO
I forgot to say with the bad week I had I put on 1.3kg (about 2#)
But its all good this week is going to be better

Last edited by INVU; 09-17-2007 at 05:29 PM.