Old 09-01-2007, 11:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 268/186/170

Height: 5' 8"

Post Sour Cream Biscuits

Good day. Could someone with access to La Online please submit this recipe to rework it to fit plan and determine the proper exchanges. Thanks for your help.

1 3/4 cup flour
1T baking powder
2T Splenda
1/4t lite salt
2T unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup fat free sour cream
1/3 cup low fat milk

Combine flour, baking powder, Splenda and lite salt in large bowl. Cut in applesauce with pastry blender or by criss-crossing with 2 knives until crumbly in texture. Combine sour cream and milk until smooth. Add to crumb mixture unti dough leaves side of the bowl. Move dough onto lightly floured board and knead about 10 times, then roll out to about 3/4 inch thickness. Use cookie cutter, or I use a large glass, to cut out 6 biscuits. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, and bake in preheated oven @ 450F for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. I like them with fat free cream cheese and low cal jam.

Last edited by ronlu; 09-08-2007 at 11:04 PM.
ronlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:21 PM   #2  
Nanette

S/C/G: 174/151.8/140

Height: 5.6

Here is the conversion for some reason it took them a lot longer to email this back to me!

Recipe Name: Sour Cream Biscuits

Ingredients:

1 3/4 cup flour
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp Splenda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup fat free sour cream
1/3 cup low fat milk

Preparation:

Combine flour, baking powder, Splenda and salt in large bowl. Cut in applesauce with pastry blender or by criss-crossing with 2 knives until crumbly in texture.
Combine sour cream and milk until smooth. Add to crumb mixture until dough leaves side of the bowl. Move dough onto lightly floured board and knead about 10 times, then roll out to about 3/4 inch thickness.
Use cookie cutter, or I use a large glass, to cut out 6 biscuits. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, and bake in preheated oven at 450 degrees F for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.

Makes: 6 biscuits

Serving size: 1 biscuit

Pure Exchange: 2 Starches (or 1/2 biscuit as 1 Starch)

Please remember to use this recipe in moderation while in your weight loss program for continued success.

Enjoy!

Pure Chef
bahamadream10 is offline   Reply With Quote