Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2002, 11:04 AM   #1  

Smile Support to get back on track

Hi everyone, I'm new here so ...
Here I am :
-lost quite a bit - 16 pounds in 2 months, then stopped losing for more than 1 month now , and still have a lot to lose (41)...
- down 2 pounds, then up 3, down 1, up 1...been doing that for the last couples of weeks...
- can't seem to find it in me to keep focused : make excuses to eat a little bit of this, a little more of that, say to myself I'm eating this now, but I'll be good tomorrow... go back in the same old bad eating patterns...
- basically tired with all this, seem to have forgotten why I want to lose weight...
Some of you ladies over there maybe recognize themselves in what I'm experiencing right now ???? Some of you maybe are stucked like I am here and are looking for ways to move on and get back on track ???? I'm sure we can help each other, I don't really know how at this point, but I'm sure we'll find a way if you you want to join me...
Hope I'll hear from you!
Old 04-05-2002, 02:27 PM   #2  

Thumbs down Maybe a posted food journal?

Hey kelly!
I was looking around at the alternative food journal or whatever that's under support i think? and it seemed like an interesting and motivating thing to do - the women there just write out exactly what they eat and how much exercise they did EVERY day. Then the other women comment, encourage, and give support. It looked like an effective strategy but the handful of women posting seemed to know each other really well and i felt like i'd be intruding if i stepped in so...our own group sounds good! if you wanna do it, we could post some or all of the following: what we ate, when we ate, why we ate, how much exercise, and weekly weigh-in amounts. what do you think? if you don't feel comfy revealing any numbers (hehe, that's me! then we can just give give a general answer to let us know if you're progressing, stuck, or regressing. and i read up on a lotta diet/fitness/health stuff frequently so whenever i find somthing interesting and helpful i could post it here too! sounds like fun what are your ideas?

-Neiko
Old 04-07-2002, 10:14 PM   #3  
Hot Stuff

Hi Kelly and Neiko! I post at the Alternative Group, and yes, we do all know each other because we've been posting there for some time. You're both welcome to join us, though, either on the Food Journal or on our discussion thread. We always welcome new members. We're a small but friendly group....stop by and introduce yourselves to the other girls.
Old 04-07-2002, 11:13 PM   #4  

Hi Neiko and wildfire,
I'm very new to this board, so I've read some of the threads, but there's so much of them...I haven't had a chance to understand how every thing works here!!!
Anyhow, I really like the idea of reporting, food, exercise, weigh in, exercise..
And share inspiration, motivation, whatever when we're low, losing focus...
So we could do it here, neiko, or there with the existing group...
Support is support is support!!!!!!!
I'm glad you answered, I'm going to visit you wildfire and your buddies now, and we'll talk soon!
Hope you had a great week end?
Mine was GREAT and I'm very ready to get this going NOW!
Old 04-07-2002, 11:53 PM   #5  

Smile

Hey neiko,
I've been to the alternative group, it's a great one !!!
I'd like to join them...
I'd also like to begin something with you, as you said

-food journal
-exercise
-support at weak times
- weekly weigh ins
- whatever else you can think of ?

And check with you daily...and whoever would like to join !

Shall we begin tomorrow - monday april 8 ?????
Looking forward to it !!!!
Closed Thread