View Single Post
Old 04-07-2002, 09:52 PM   #6
Jean

Good Evening, Flowers!
Another weekend has flown by -- why is it the fun days fly and the work days seem to drag on forever? We have had a few drops of rain tonight, just enough to get the street wet. I have been finishing up the laundry and have a pile to iron . . . that may wait until another day.

Maggie -- I'll bet that motorhome has an aroma that follows it wherever it goes. What will happen to the blind woman, do you know? I just feel so badly for her but maybe in the long run she will be better off. It's sad to think that humans will treat another human that way. Speaking of treatment -- it's probably a good thing that we are not raising our kids now. In our newspaper there was an article about a young mother who tied her 2 year old's feet together so he couldn't run around and she could get some sleep. She was charged with child endangerment and her 4 children have been removed by the DHS. When Jason was about 15 months old, he was climbing out of his crib. He was not a good sleeper and would be up several times during the night. One particular night, Bob was especially frustrated with his comings and goings so Bob tied the feet of Jason's pjs together so Jason couldn't get his leg up and over the rail to climb out. We have laughed about it over the years and Amanda just retold the story to her family at Easter. I'll bet they all think we are horrible parents! I keep telling Jason that their baby will have the same sleep patterns that he did -- he didn't sleep all night until he was 5. I don't think it was quite that bad but almost!

I'd better scout out something to wear tomorrow. It is definitely dress in layers because we never know if the heat will be on or not. We have a banquet to go to tomorrow night and on Tuesday night we start a class at church beginning with a supper. I'm not sure if I will have time to go to WW or not since I need to check and see what time this class gets under way.

Have a marvelous Monday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!