What's your weigh-in (if you care to share):

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was):

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose):

[B]What's your favorite healthy "quick dinner":[B]
Old 09-10-2007, 04:24 PM   #2  
Am I there yet?

S/C/G: 205/197/130

Height: 5'5"

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 200.8! I'm so close to ONEderland!

I'm not really sure... it was probably to exercise, but I hurt my back so I couldn't really exercise again until thursday.

drop to 199 before I fly home on Thursday night to spend the weekend with my family.

What's your favorite healthy "quick dinner":
Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches (ok it's slow to cook but easy to put together!)
  • 1 lean rump roast (if you can't find lean, trim off the excess fat
  • 1 can of low fat/low sodium beef broth
  • 1 package of dry Italian salad dressing mix
  • 1 jar of hot pickled vegetables
  • Whole grain rolls

Dump all ingredients except for rolls into a slow cooker, set on low for 8-10 hours. When ready to serve, remove beef, shred and place onto toasted whole grain rolls. Use liquid from crock pot for au jus dipping and eat along side the pickled veggies. YUM! Love this recipe because it's quick to just dump into the slow cooker and ready to eat when I get home from work.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:53 AM   #3  
Skinny Minnie in Training

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/149

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): Still at 205, but it's TOM

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): Back to no eating past 7:30...I didn't do so well last week...

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): To stay away from the SALT and CHOCOLATE that I'm craving.

What's your favorite healthy "quick dinner": Grilled salmon with salad, veggies and brown rice
Old 09-11-2007, 01:26 PM   #4  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

My weight is 215ish. Does the "ish" count? I know I'm up actually, I feel like where I started. I hit a slump when I got the bladder infection and that kept me down a week. And the start of the school year...however I am now officially back on the plan.

Not so good, see above.
I want to start getting up and doing the gym at 5, or at least walking outside. I loved watching the Fat March, and it is all about walking, walking, walking.
What's your favorite healthy "quick dinner":
I do not have one, however I love this question and can't wait to try the slow cooker Italian beef! That will be on my menu this weekend!

Last edited by 2Bthinagain; 09-11-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 245/205/175

Height: 5'11"

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 214 and holding

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): Great! I didn't gain any while on vacation, hallalujia (sp?)! =)

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): To lose some more weight!!! (but it's going to be TOM, so I will see)

What's your favorite healthy "quick dinner": Hmmm, honestly, To throw in some salad with my family's dinner so that I don't only fill up with the rest of the meal; there's usually also a cooked veggie side dish to boot. That works pretty well, I have very little ability to deprive myself.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:49 PM   #6  
I can do it !!!!

Hotmama - congrats on not gaining while on vacation. That's a real accomplishment!

Did anyone watch the Biggest Loser last night? How in the world can someone drop 20 pounds in one week???? One girl weighed 230 something? 220 ish? And lost 20 pounds!!! In one week!!!
I want to get on that show!
Old 09-13-2007, 01:20 PM   #7  

Hi 2B!! Thanks, it was a pleasant surprise and boy was I happy.

I missed it, bummer. I don't get much TV time, the kids and hubby get to it before I do.

It is possible to lose that much, but I bet a lot of it was water. From what I've seen on past shows, they work those people real hard and allow them a very strict eating plan. If followed, that = big losses. Personally, I couldn't live like that, but more power to them for being able to do it.

Last edited by hotmama2three; 09-13-2007 at 01:20 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:50 AM   #8  
Am I there yet?

S/C/G: 205/197/130

Way to go on not gaining any weight, hotmama! That's always a great surprise when you get home. I DVR'ed Biggest Loser and haven't had time to watch it yet. I love the show but I have to remind myself that it IS unrealistic...nobody normal can exercise for 6 hours a day at that intensity. It's just not conducive to a normal life..working, kids, maintaining a home. I have always wondered if the contestants struggle when they get home to somehow maintain that level of working out while trying to balance their lives again.

Well I'm at my folks' home in Oklahoma for the next few days. I haven't weighed all week but I stepped on my mom's new lithium scale this morning and it said 200.5. I'll take it! Not the 199 like I was hoping, but knowing that ONEderland is only .5 lbs away is really motivating. Since my dad had his heart attack a few months ago, the cabinets are stocked full of good, healthy food...so no temptations!

Anyway, hope everyone has a good Friday!!
Old 09-15-2007, 08:11 AM   #9  

Thanks Anna!

You are really close, keep going!!

I really want to start losing a little bit quicker. I'm starting to see more definition and that is inspiring-- I was never a very tone person even as a slimmish 20 year old -- I really have to work for it. Nonetheless, so long as I can achieve it I'll work for it.

It's tom for me, but I've discovered I can actually lose well around this time if I don't get discouraged by the temporary fluctuation on the scale. I think our metabolism kicks up a bit and if we hold steady with the food and exercise you can net a decent loss. I'm hoping!!

Sunday is my twin's 9th biday party! I'm proud of myself for only ordering each a 1/4 sheet. I loooooove birthday cake and hate stingy slices so traditionally I always order each a half sheet. That's a lot of cake! And who ends up eating most of the leftovers while the kids are at school the following week - yours truly. Anyway, after much thought I decided two quarters will suffice and I'll live without leftover cake. LOL.

Sherin
Old 09-15-2007, 12:39 PM   #10  
I can do it !!!!

2Fat - good for you SO close to ONEderland!
I guess I'm the biggest slacker of our group here! If I don't show some real weight loss soon you guys might kick me off your threads!
I know I need to crank it up a serious notch.
I will walk more.
I will walk more.
I will walk more.
I will walk more.
Closed Thread