Old 09-10-2007, 09:09 AM   #1  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Default 09/10/07 NEW Alli thread, SUPPORT HERE

Good Monday morning to all my Alli-friends. I hope you all had a great weekend. I did! Not neccessarily food-wise but good nonetheless.

I have to run for work, but lets get going on another great week!!!!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 305/282/199

Height: 5'6"

Default Quickie Exercise--works for me

Morning all!
I just wanted to share a little thing I stumbled on that's working for me.

I spend most of the day sitting in front of a computer, so exercise is hard to come by for me, until I get home of an evening.

Recently I found a couple of posts about how to exercise at your desk, without your coworkers thinking you're having some sort of seizure. This is one that's working for me.

On Mondays I have to run a boat-load of queries. Some of them take several minutes to complete and require input, so I can't wander away, if I want to get them done.

What I do is:
Sit up straight in my chair.
Extend my legs straight out in front of me (under my desk)
Point my toes and proceed to move my legs up and down, keeping my knees straight and my feet off the floor. My feet only end up moving up and down a few inches (after all, we wouldn't want to get carried away and bounce out of our chair).

Sounds easy, doesn't it? But for me, within a couple of minutes the tops and insides of my thighs (and all over my arse) feel it.
At first I could only keep it up for a few minuets. I've been doing this for a few weeks now and I'm up to over 10 minutes at a time.

I can run my queries at the same time, with no problem.

Not the be-all and end-all, but I figure anything extra I can do has got to help.

Oh Lordy, I can't believe I'm admitting to trying to exercise. I think that's probably against the fatlady's code.

hehehehehehehehehehehehe
Beck1Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:47 AM   #3  
Gettin Closer!!

Beck, your too funny. I also sit at a desk for the majority of the day, I will give it a try today.

Sorry all for being so short in my first post, I had to quick run this morning right when I was posting it...lol

Ok, for me, I am still off the scale for a bit, I am trying to get my head clear from all this job/diet stuff. I am still working on the diet just not "die hard". Although I should be, oh-well. I have applied to a few other places. The main trouble I have is that anyplace that is hiring is an hour + drive for me. Well I dont mind the drive, the employers seem to think it will become troublesome after time (I think that is the reason I am getting the turn down) I made the drive for years everyday while I was in school and it really doesnt bother me. But I can also see thier point. So I will keep looking, something will turn up. I just hope I can hold out here in the mean time. I hate to quit and be unemployed, because that really doesnt look good to potential employers. So, here I sit!!!

I am doing OKAY, on the diet. Not gaining anymore but not losing either. I go to my DR tomorrow morning for a thyroid check and cholesterol checkup (I have never had it checked so this is a good time to start, right?). I am excited to have my thyroid checked out, since I know it is not quite right and my meds are not quite high enough....I always feel better when my meds are dosed right. So that is it for me.

HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING A GOOD MONDAY!!!! LETS GO GET'EM THIS WEEK!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 11:29 AM   #4  

Red face could be worse !

morning alli fans ! i had an interesting weekend. i got my 18 month old grandson friday because his mother said he was too cranky. well no wonder he was covered in a heat rash and eczema ! teething too. he felt like a little aligator. so with oatmeal baths and aveeno he is doing better. we went to a meeting sat. and if the chairs were any smaller i would have worn it as a thong ! But as i said to myself at least i've lost 2 pounds ! sunday my son and i went to target and then over to walmart to look for clothes for my grandson. my son wanted a coke at walmart so i was waiting by the front door, rocking the baby my back to the front doors and this lady came up to me and said "honey do you know your pants are split in the back !! Split they were gapping ! but as i said to my self after being mortified, at least i lost 2 pounds like my mentor Rosanne roseannadanna often said, " its always somethin have a great monday
got2gethealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:05 PM   #5  
Gettin Closer!!

OMG, you must have been SO embarassed! I hope you handled it well. I would have DIED! I do not do embarassment well at all!

Congrats on the 2lb loss, every lb counts!!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 03:11 PM   #6  

happy monday to everyone..

i did ok this weekend.. could have done alot better. i really need to work on resisting temptation we had a big picnic for my dads union, and there was free food/ice cream all day long... considering it was available all day and all i ate was an italian sausage/lil bit of roast beef/half scoop of cole slaw and potaoe salad/ some baked beans, and an ice cream sandwich i don't think i did nearly as bad as i would have had i not started alli. my weigh in is tomorrow so hopefully that didn't mess me up too bad..
nikki8221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:23 PM   #7  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

happy late monday...

this weekend was stressful, so i want to focus more on myself this week, including eating right and exercising. i think i'm always putting myself on the back burner, and that's the problem.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:10 PM   #8  

Decapulet....good luck putting yourself first and taking care of you well, what i did was give the baby to my son and pulled my shirt down really really hard ! I noticed with the alli plan i am sleeping better at night and not a lot of hot flashes either.i have a lot of diabetes in my family. mother , father, and brother so i am glad to be following this plan. anyone thinking about alli, i would say go for it and give it a try. make sure you do the 3 day prep of low fat eating first though !
got2gethealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:24 PM   #9  
Triplet Mom

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/158

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday!

Beck - I'm willing to try almost anything and doing a bit of exercise at my desk sounds good to me! I think I will try to do it when I'm waiting for jobs to print.
Got2- OMG! Sounds like you handled it about as well as you could...one of my friends once told me a "rule" -iAt a party, if a person can fix the problem tell them (for example, spinach in their teeth, goober hangin' out the nose), if they can't fix it, better to let it go unsaid since it's libel to make them feel bad & self-conscious (run in the panty hose, stain on a shirt, etc.). I'll have to ask her about the split pants at Walmart!

I am about 80% done with my cold. I ate a lot of soup this weekend and had lots of sodium. Couldn't walk the dog - I felt too yucky. I've had a couple of TE's - nothing awful but definite reminders that there's too much fat in my diet. At least I feel well enough to travel. After work today I treated myself to a pedicure...it's been about a year since I had one (been painting my toes at home). Boy did it feel good to indulge myself! I took a skirt to be hemmed, got the kids signed up for soccer and all the laundry is done. I'm trying hard not to think about what doesn't fit and trying hard not to think about what my mom & sis will say when they see how much weight I've gained. I'm seeing a couple of old friends from high school and then relatives I haven't seen in almost 20 years at a wedding. I guess I could crawl in a hole and hide until I lose weight but instead I'm going to try to be brave and face everyone with a smile and head held high. I'm trying hard not to think about being away from my kids...dh will be fine but man I'll miss my trio!

Prayers and encouragement definitely needed!!!
Brightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:41 PM   #10  
Gettin Closer!!

Brightside, glad you are feeling better.

I steped on the scale tonight, surprising ly I am down 1lb!!! I usually weigh in the morning so maybe it is actually more? I will check it out in the AM and see. I go to the DR tomorrow also so that will be nice.

Well DH and I looked at a house tonight...OMG I am IN LOVE!!! It is 4 bedroom 2 1/2 bath. Much bigger than what we have now. Has a NICE yard/patio. 2 stall garage that is attached and insulated/finished. On a corner lot. 2 blocks from the school and 2 blocks from the city park/pool. I has asked about it a few weeks ago and was told she didnt want to sell, then yesterday one of my friends said I should call her today because she thought that she changed her mind...so I called and her sister told me we could look at it today since her sister (who owns it) said she is looking to sell it.(it had been on the market, then off, now on again) so DH came with me and he LIKED it also...so we are waiting for the owner to call us to see what she plans to include with the price....we are VERY interested in it. WISH ME LUCK, it would be neat to spend Christmas in a new house....
Old 09-11-2007, 07:36 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 305/282/199

Height: 5'6"

Default Hurray, Hurray, It's Weigh-in Day

Yup--the good fairy visited me this week- down 4 pounds. WAHOOOOOOO.

In celebration, here's a bumper sticker I saw on the way to work this morning. It started my day off with a big chuckle. Hope it brings a smile to your face, as well.

If we quit voting, will they go away?
Beck1Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:44 AM   #12  
Gettin Closer!!

BECK that is GREAT!!!!! CONGRATS!

I weighed in this morning and I am down 3LBS!!!! OMG!!! Amazing what getting rid of some stress will do! I am SO surprised...woooohooooo, go me!!!

Last edited by StillTryin; 09-11-2007 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Forgot to weigh in!!!
Old 09-11-2007, 09:38 AM   #13  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

stilltryin and beck - nice job! (and good luck with the house, st... owning a house is my dream, and it sounds like you have a good prospect!)

brightside - hope you feel better

as for me: it's going to be an all food documenting day. i want to feel my best.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:02 PM   #14  
Gettin Closer!!

Well I am doing really well today. I went and had my blood drawn at the DR's this morning, (couldnt eat for over 12 hours, for the cholesterol test, I have never had it checked and figured it was time) I will hear on that tomorrow, well all but one test, that has to be sent away, so it will take about a week
I grabbed 2 more pair of work pants, I go through clothes like crazy, either stains or something...lol I had coffee and a sandwich so far, and a cup (literally) of soup.
I gained like 3lbs since last time I was at the DR and I asked him if it could be the meds (my thyroid) or something else, and he started the "you getting older, and shouldnt want to look like those people in hollywood" speil, and I cut him off and said "I only want to be at 150 and you know I have been working my butt off to do it, I dont want to weigh 110, I was at 135 and looked anorexic (no offense I know it is a bad thing) but I was scary looking. So he said we would wait to see what the tests said and then address it if we have to after that time, he laughed when I told him I dont want to look like a "starlett". I like my DR!!!!!
I am still waiting for that home owner to call me....we are Pre-Approved to buy it, it is just a matter of talking to her in person and get some deal going!!!!
Old 09-12-2007, 05:43 AM   #15  

yesterday was weigh in day. i lost 3lbs. im so excited to see that all my hard work has paid off...
nikki8221 is offline   Reply With Quote