Old 09-10-2007, 12:15 PM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Default Accountability/Planning/Menus: Sep 10-16

Good morning, 3FC Friends. Please join us in becoming accountable with each other on a daily basis. What are you doing to stay on-plan today? What goals do you have for yourself with your menu, your exercise, your food choice, etc? Let's keep each other accountable and encouraged on our journey to better health and slender bodies.

Today was weigh-in day for me. I've maintained for three weeks in a row. Thats the good news. The bad news is that I've not been staying on-plan and I'm not losing. My goal this week is to have a great loss next Monday. Getting to bed earlier is today's specific goal. Tonight, I will get to bed by 10:30. Hopefully, I'll wake in the morning with tons of energy and will-power!

Hope everyone is having a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:35 PM   #2  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Good morning everyone!

Rhonda, at least you're managing to maintain rather than put on - you must be doing something right there. Good luck with getting the early night - anytime I try for an early night I never get there.

I weighed in this morning and down 1.5 pounds - I was hoping for a bit more, but nevertheless it's a loss and I'll take it!

Training is going OK - we're introducing a new computer system at work, so that's what the training's in. It's been a little annoying in that so far we've only seen a bit of the system and when we ask questions, the answer from the trainers has been "you'll find that out on...". I hate that.

I walked to work yesterday, but not home - I had to go to the supermarket to get some light bulbs as the bedroom light blew yesterday morning. Wonder of wonders, that's all I walked out with - at about 5:30 when I'm starving. carrot:

Have a good day everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:54 PM   #3  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

HI
Mj and I posted on last weeks thread, so I figured I come and update my post.
Rhonda I am glad you are doing ok. Way to go on getting back on plan.
So far I have exercised, and stayed on plan with food. My weigh in day is Wednesday, so far the scale isn't budging, and I have been on plan, so it is kind of disappointing, but if it doesn't move I will have to accept it and stay on plan to have a scale change next week. I will not give up , this will be a great day for me!! cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:08 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

I have been lurking on this thread for a while, but if it's okay, I think I'll join it for this week.

I have come back to FitDay starting today. I really hate to log all of my food, and it can make me a little crazy to do it, but I have decided that for the next few weeks, I really do need that accountability. I had a horrible, horrible weekend, and have yet to figure out why I did so badly. While I will not give up trying to figure out the "why" of it, my main focus is on getting past the behavior. Thus far, I'm on plan, but I rarely struggle to stay on plan until the evening hours, so I'm concentrating my energy on how to be on plan this evening.

Rhonda and Cheryl - Here's hoping that your good efforts pay off in a more tangible way. I've said it many times, but I have so much admiration for how steady and strong both of you are about staying on plan almost every day - despite whatever frustrations you are having. I hope the scale starts acknowledging that effort again!

Nicole - I love having you back on the boards and more committed than ever. Congrats on your loss!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:58 PM   #5  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Yay! Laurie's here!! I'm sorry you had a tough weekend. I hate to log food as well, but I find that every once in a while I need a reality check on what my calorie intake is. After a few weeks of tracking, I reset my mental calorie tally abilities and I'm good for several months.

Rhonda, congrats on maintaining! I seem to have 2 modes of operation: I'm either gaining or losing. Maintenance is a real challenge for me. I know how to indulge and restrict, but balance is not my strong suit. I need to learn this time, though!

Nicole congrats on the loss! Sometimes I think loses are smaller at the start until your body realizes you are serious. You'll see it come off faster soon!

Hang in there, Cheryl! Hold the course and it will come off if not this week, then next. I'll cross my fingers for you that it's this week!

I don't have much to report today. Good on food, didn't exercise (bad habit I've fallen into), and got 6 hours of sleep. Woo hoo! I'll take what I can get. I've got to get out there and walk tonight. It was 58 degrees here last night. Can you say HEAVEN??? Now that's walking weather! My mysterious gains from this week disappeared and I was down .8 pounds this week. Puny, but I'll take it.

Take care everybody and have a great day!!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Just made up my menus for the week, and thought I'd post them here.

Tonight: Cabbage Roll Skillet
Tuesday: Chicken Enchiladinis with Salad
Wednesday: Roast Pork Loin and various veggies
Thursday: Baked Ricotta Chicken with Kale
Friday: Make-your-own WW Pita Pizzas, Salad
Saturday: Soup Beans and Cornbread (for the kids, not for me), Salad
Sunday: Crabcakes with Summer Squash Au Gratin (made with brown rice)

This is my best tool for staying on plan, knowing what I'll be eating before I'm standing in the kitchen starving at 5:30, wondering what to do!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:40 PM   #7  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Oops! I didn't even realize earlier that I posted on last week's thread!

Rhonda--Thank you for starting us up for the week! Maintaining is good--beats gaining any day! I hope things are slowing down a bit for you. I hope you can get to bed early--I try to shoot for 10, that way if I make it by 10:30 or 11, it's not too bad. I don't know about you, but whenever I plan to get to bed early, somehow I end up staying up later than 'normal'

Nicole--Your training sounds frustrating! I hope it gets better soon! Great job at the store!

Cheryl--Great job staying on plan!

Laurie--Welcome!

CC--Yea for getting some sleep! I LOVE nice cool nights!!

Ended up having a GREAT day! Made mostly good food choices, went to the gym--lifted weights (arms and shoulders) and 25 mins on the treadmill--I was only going to go for 20 (I am having foot 'issues' again), but i lost track of time! Can't say that has ever happened before! I got caught up in the music I was listening to and the next thing I knew....I was almost to 25 mins

Have a great night!

mj
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:36 PM   #8  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

I was averaging about 1000 calories a day for the past 3 days, but I was really really hungry last night so I ended up going over my daily limit by about 330 calories. I figured since I hadn't eaten much on the other 2 days it would be fine, but I weighed myself today and it was 291.5. Yesterday it was 290. Not really sure what caused this, but I couldn't imagine eating an extra 330 calories could cause me to gain 1.5lbs. I think maybe I am retaining water or it had something to do with my sleep, stress, or who even knows!

Today is shaping up to be on-plan foodwise. I've only eaten 1/2 a sandwich & some chips, strawberries, pudding, 1 bottle of vitamin water and I will admit, I did have a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich (my fiance's mom bought them). I have about 818 calories left today, which I will probably make or get something to eat with John. He's helping a lady from our church with her computer problems at the moment.

As I mentioned in the previous thread I've been having some difficulty with work and so getting to exercise has been a problem. I did manage to get around 30 minutes on the exercise bike and burned about 370 calories.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:00 PM   #9  
Never want to go back!

Rakel, I wonder if 1000 calories a day isn't enough for you? Were you aiming for 1000? You may need a few hundred more if for no other reason than to give you some wiggle room when you've progressed further toward your goal. Also, from my own person experience, my weight loss can slow when I don't eat enough.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:11 PM   #10  
is recommitted

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLCSC145 View Post
Rakel, I wonder if 1000 calories a day isn't enough for you? Were you aiming for 1000? You may need a few hundred more if for no other reason than to give you some wiggle room when you've progressed further toward your goal. Also, from my own person experience, my weight loss can slow when I don't eat enough.
CLC, my goal is 1500 calories a day, I didn't mean to eat only 1000 calories a day for 3 days (and well, the 3rd day I actually ended up eating around 1830, after I realized what had happened), my schedule just got really weird. On Satuday, I went to bed around 3pm (I was still awake from Friday) and woke up at 9:30pm later that evening, so when I counted calories, I put everything I ate Saturday on Friday & Sunday's things, and then realized last night that meant I didn't eat *ANYTHING* for a whole day, thus making the average around 1000 a day.

It makes sense that my weight loss may have slowed because of this error -- because my body may have thought it was starving and then when I ate more calories, it stored them instead of burning them. That actually makes a lot of sense now that I think of it!

Last edited by rakel; 09-10-2007 at 10:12 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:31 PM   #11  
Never want to go back!

It sounds like your target is good one, Rakel. Your schedule is so hectic, it's no wonder it's hard to remember to eat! Maybe you just need to build in a little structure into your crazy schedule so you don't forget to eat. Think about maybe trying to set a schedule for your days, even if it's something you do when you wake up that "morning". So if you're going to be up all night, plan out when you're going to get in your 3 meals and snacks during the time you are awake.

I find that I get raevenous when I haven't eaten enough for a few days and my weight loss stalls. So I agree, it makes sense!

Last edited by CLCSC145; 09-10-2007 at 11:32 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:40 AM   #12  
is recommitted

It is not always this hectic! It has just been especially bad since I joined this forum, pretty much. haha. Great timing, I know. I'm really hoping I can get to the 280s this week! I was hoping to be there today, but well, I'm not too discouraged because I'm just happy that I've lost more than 15lbs+ already!
Old 09-11-2007, 06:56 AM   #13  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all,
I stayed on plan, and was able to eat a piece of dark chocolate without going over my calorie limit. I bought a big bar and split it with the family, a few months ago I would have eaten the whole thing, and after eating my 2 squares, I felt good, didn't need more. It has been maybe 40 days since my last chocolate, and I don't plan to give it up, I just plan not eating it every week or even month.
I did some gardening last night, and the scale moved, so hopefully tomorrow I will post a loss. I am going to exercise at 8 am, and stay on plan with food. I hope everyone has a great day.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:16 AM   #14  
Former Quitter

Good morning, Everyone. LaurieDawn, glad you came out of lurkdom to join us!

I did it....I got to bed early last night...10:30. Of course, it helped that Hubby was watching football. No TiVo to keep me up late. My goal for the week is to be in bed by 10:30 every night. Today's goal: Only on-plan foods...no sugar!

Yesterday, I got this wild haired idea.....I wonder if I can reach One-derland by the end of this year? Oh wow, is that really me...feeling all confident and motivated? As of today, we have exactly 16 weeks until January 1st. If I can lose at least 2.375 pounds a week, I can do it and I'm going for it!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 09-11-2007 at 08:16 AM.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:30 AM   #15  
Former Quitter

BTW, Schmoodles....is that Baked Ricotta Chicken recipe Southbeach friendly? If so, please share!