Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 06:05 PM   #1  
loves kleenex box art

Default Cows who wish we were domesticated

My house is an absolute mess and I don't care. The rest of my life I care about. Not this. I don't have the capacity to care about everything.

I have finished one of Wabby's socks and two of the socks-formerly-known-as-Shotses. They're cute.

I feel that I doing so much in the area of getting this job. I have two that I'm not rejected from and I've signed up for two more tests. If I pass them, I'll be rejectable in the areas of English and Special Ed. I don't find these tests so hard so maybe I could become rejectable in a whole series .. Humanities, Geography, History, art, math ... well, I might pass math but probably not.

I took DS to town and got the pharmacist to look at his finger. He explained that it was blistered and nothing to do unless the blister breaks and the sensation may hopefully return. A crooked broken finger sounds so depressing. Did an orthopedic surgeon look at it?
Old 08-13-2007, 11:15 PM   #2  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
A crooked broken finger sounds so depressing. Did an orthopedic surgeon look at it?
Yes -- about a week after it was set in a splint in the ER, then again 2 weeks later. He x-rayed it again, and pronounced it "fine, come back in 2 weeks".

I don't have the capacity to care about much right now. I managed to throw together dinner tonight. DH was home from the big city, although he never called until he was about halfway home (from the time he left Sunday morning) so I didn't know he was coming home today. DD and I had made arrangements for my ultrasound test tomorrow and her appt elsewhere with cars and rides, and then he comes home anyway. I'm too tired for this crap. He never even once asked me if I wanted him to come with me for this test. Perhaps he predicted I might give him a dirty look....

I think it's great that you are going to qualified to be rejected for all the best jobs. That will look great on your resume. ?

We watched The World According to Garp while we were eating tacos tonight. With DD and BF. Wow, I'd forgotten how obsessed that movie was with sex.

There's a great big spider on my ceiling right now. I can't reach it.

I want to go eat something -- because I can't eat or drink after midnight. How much you wanna bet I go eat something in my sleep later on?

Kiwi
Old 08-14-2007, 09:10 AM   #3  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

KIWONKERS!! I AM WORRIED ABOUT YOU!!!! I hate you not feeling up to par!---you have had a stressful last several of years with the husband out of work thing---your body is rebelling!!!perhaps we should finally do something around here about our health--i think we are falling apart---i haven't exlercised except for a couple of walks in ages-----------let us do something about US~!!peachers--come on and start a boot camp=-----you can tell us all about keifer!!
Old 08-14-2007, 04:08 PM   #4  
Member w/ messiest house

Okay, soon as I kick this cough. I'm feeling a little wrung out.

I think we've changed our minds; we're going to Cape Breton instead of PEI. How long does it take to drive there?

I spent 4 hours sleeping today and woke up coughing my brains out. So, no brain to use today, too bad, eh?

k
Old 08-15-2007, 09:23 AM   #5  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

summer colds are the WORST!!!---okay i am off to work the cruise ship shoppers!!!---so if you drive to calais------how long does that take---from st stephen to saint john is an hour and from saint john to cape breton is around 7-8 hours-----to halifax from sj is 4 hours----I LOVE HALIFAX!!!! TALK LATER---GET BETTER DARLING!
Old 08-15-2007, 03:07 PM   #6  
Member w/ messiest house

Yep, it's about 2 hours or so to Calais, I think. My mapping program shows it being much faster to head through Moncton to go to Cape Breton; maybe we'll go one way and come back the other. Do you remember where it was that your DD went riding near Fundy N. Park?

So I have gallstones, and true to form, they want to yank out my gall bladder. Although I have never had a "gall bladder attack" or any pain. I have a problem with this. But I guess I have to talk to a surgeon anyway. This sux.

It's raining. That sux too.

Hope your ship shoppers are shlepping up everything in the shop. For sher.

ta

k
Old 08-15-2007, 04:44 PM   #7  
loves kleenex box art

We don't want the the little gallbladderpoo to burst. When do you see surgeon?

What happened to the psychedelic name thingy?
Old 08-16-2007, 01:25 AM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

grumble grumble they haven't called me yet. of all the gall...

my psychedelic namey thing stopped pleasing me so I wiped it out and made a handsome little doohickey instead.

Eww. gallbladderpoo That's gross.

kiwi
Old 08-16-2007, 07:50 AM   #9  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

it must indeed be galling to hear of such gallbladder woes!!! i am not sure where your particular bladderwort got the GALL to attack you like this!!! Doesn't he know that you have been housing him in great comfort for years!!! There is no question that Gallbladders MUST be Male!!!!-=----i am not sure if this is the place but i will find out for sure--------http://www.horsesofeden.com/
Old 08-16-2007, 01:50 PM   #10  
loves kleenex box art

I interviewed for a job I fell unqualified for. It's a ranch-type boys facility with 40 teenage boys who stay about 4 months. I'd be in a stand alone trailer thing with each class and I'd be the only adult. Yikes. It's teaching social studies, reading and being the ESE teacher. I said I'm taking the ESE test because I think it's easy but I'm no expert. He said you don't have to be a rocket scientist. Oh.

Plus it's down a four mile long dirt road that's about one and a half lanes wide and rutted in places. Imagine during a bad rain ... I'd slide away. There's a tiny wooden bridge to cross made of 2x4's. The other job I wanted, also a correctional facility, felt different. This one was staffed by outdoorsy men and that one by indoorsy people .. like me. Puny people.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:05 PM   #11  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz View Post
Doesn't he know that you have been housing him in great comfort for years!!!
Well, exactly. And feeding him exactly what he asked for -- plenty of fat and salt. There's gratitude for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
I interviewed for a job I fell unqualified for. It's a ranch-type boys facility with 40 teenage boys who stay about 4 months. I'd be in a stand alone trailer thing with each class and I'd be the only adult.
Sounds scary. Do they have some giant drill sergeant guy that goes around threatening the boys with a bullwhip to keep them in line?

Wow, I never thought of the whole teaching-in-the-correctional-system concept. They must employ a lot of teachers. I think this would work better for you if you dyed your hair silver, wore little matching knit skirts and sweater sets with giant brooches, and nurses shoes. And don't forget the magenta lipstick. Can you get your hands on a pair of cat's eye glasses? Be sure to hang them from a little chain.

The boys will think you are their fairy godmother.

I'm pretty helpful for someone with a lot of gall, aren't I?

We are leaving for Halifax on Sunday, then Cape Breton on Monday, and coming back on Wednesday.

In case anyone wondered.

We found riding places near Halifax, so will probably go there.

kiwi
Old 08-17-2007, 12:09 AM   #12  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i am going to tell PEI that they have lost several tourists because of their shoddy treatment!!! good for you---------i love the FAX!!!!! the Boardwalk along the water is nice---my dd works on one of the tall ships that are docked in the Harbour---they have COWS ice cream there!! it's delicious!!!!--it's famous all over PEI but they have it at the Historic Properties. If you like Greek Food---OPA is pretty good. http://www.opataverna.com/ they had good Spanakopita!
Old 08-17-2007, 04:06 PM   #13  
fatter than U

Red face yada yada yada

Why I haven't posted in 1000 years:
  1. Saturday and Sunday: Spend time on sweaty train getting to and from a remote German village. Eat 7 diifferent kinds of potato salad and meet people from Zimbabwe and New York. Really.
  2. Monday: Get on another sweaty train with whole family (who are all on holiday right now) to go pick up in-laws' new car in Wolfsburg where the build ze Volkswagens. Spend day seeing amusement-park-like sights. Get home after 11 hour day and collapse, strongly suspecting a yeast infection. Sweaty trains and all that.
  3. Tuesday: Sleep until noon. Got to pharmacy and pick up something for female afflication.
  4. Wednesday: spend day at zoo watching naughty monkeys and very tall giraffes.
  5. Thursday: clean house
  6. Friday: Go to in-laws for lunch and eat take-out Chinese to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. Listen to cranky f-i-l go on and on until it's his nap time. Spend rest of day cleaning house.
  7. Saturday: (I'm ahead of myself here). Prepare and serve simple but delicious (= lots of salt and fat) meal to dinner guests while trying not to have a meltdown.

See? I wasn't just lying on the sofa eating bon bons!

Peachy - that job sounds REALLY scary. I dunno.

Kiwi - So sorry that your gall bladder is having the gall to annoy you like that.

Bagzie - PEI is nuts. They HAVE to do something about this.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:34 PM   #14  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz View Post
-i love the FAX!!!!! the Boardwalk along the water is nice---my dd works on one of the tall ships that are docked in the Harbour---they have COWS ice cream there!! it's delicious!!!!--it's famous all over PEI but they have it at the Historic Properties. If you like Greek Food---OPA is pretty good. http://www.opataverna.com/ they had good Spanakopita!
Cool! Will DD be there Sunday evening/Monday morning? I'm going to go check out OPA. DD and I love Greek food. DH just loves food.

Sugar, you lead such an exciting life. I like the way you include the future in your account of your week. I think I'll try that

Today I'm sleeping all day, then making reservations for our trip (I'm halfway done). The people in N.S. are so nice on the phone. Even the old cowboy with the horses. I will be serving chicken with mole sauce and roasted veggies for dinner in an hour, which will be received with enthusiasm by DD and BF. Or maybe I will throw it all in the fridge and serve it to them tomorrow.... That would depend on whether they show up, wouldn't it? DH promised he'd be home for dinner. But since I've been on the internet for an hour and a half, who knows?

Tomorrow I will finish my reservations, the laundry will do itself, and my bags will be packed by fairies. Jet will find her own way to the kennel.

Sunday I will be yanked out of a deep sleep and tossed into a car.

In the meantime I will cough my lungs out and look and sound pitiful.

Kiwi
Old 08-18-2007, 03:38 AM   #15  
fatter than U

Talking

Around here, people would run away screaming if you said you were making "mole sauce". Mexican food in Germany = sprinkling corn on top of whatever's for dinner. I'm serious.

Halifax is soooo nice. I went there once. If only the fairies would get going and do everything for ya. I like travelling in that I like being where I wanted to go, but the packing and getting there and back is usually awful.
Closed Thread