General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-07-2007, 12:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 159/TICKER/110

Height: 5'1

Wink Boobie topic

This is for you ladies who are bit larger up top. I myself am a size 36dd and I have a really hard time finding nice bras. Lost the bras in my size look like my grandmas bras, even at Victoria Secret.

Here's what I want , a bra that lifts and seperates. I get so jealouse of those women who have perfect cleavage, where they are perky and have maybe a half inch between them. I have push-up bras and they're fine but I wish my boobs didn't always look like butt cheeks. Anyone know of a good bra for this?
ShyShy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:00 PM   #2  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

No..but if you find one, PLEASE let me know. LOL.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:11 PM   #3  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

There are lots of nice bras for those of us with too much up top for Victoria's Secret. I'm a 34F and have never bought a bra from them. Check out figleaves.com for some ideas, they have a special DD+ section. I like Fantasie, Freya, Marie Jo and Lejaby for brands that have worked well in the past. For some reason most of the decent brands are European, not North American.

If there's a specialty bra store (NOT VS) in your area try there too, and have a proper fitting. Sometimes you aren't the size you think. And some brands differ... Specialty stores can be expensive, I've often tried on bras there, bought one or two, then looked for the same bra online.

Good luck, this can be a real pain!

Jax
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 159/TICKER/110

Height: 5'1

I'm going to look around online and I'll let ya'll know if I find anything.
ShyShy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:34 PM   #5  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

I am in the same BOAT!!!! I have heavy breasts that makes finding a nice bra hard also.
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:52 PM   #6  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

A professional fitting makes all the difference, because it just isn't your boob shape, it is the breadth of your chest wall, your shoulder width, and your back dimensions that affect whether or not the ladies are squished together or separated.
Once you get the boutique fitting, and like the model and the sizing you have (don't be scared about the number or cup size!!!), write the details down. Then you can buy directly from a site such as
http://www.lingerie-direct.com/scripts/default.asp
They most likely will have your exact model and size and color at about 1/3 of the boutique price.

Last edited by freiamaya; 09-07-2007 at 01:52 PM.
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:47 PM   #7  

My bra size just went down (thank you goddess) and I fitted myself just fine at WalMart. JMS had at least three styles that fit me wonderfully and make the girls look so much better. No sense in spending a lot until I get to my goal weight. I think I spent $ 35.00 total. Glamorise makes excellent sports bras and they are fairly reasonable - I get them through WomanWithin - but not going to buy another one until I lose some more.
witchyonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:59 PM   #8  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I used to be a 38DD (now a 36C). I would buy my bras at Target, and they usually fit pretty well. You really have to make sure you are buying the right size.

You can try this site for how to size yourself for a bra:
www.myintimacy.com
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:06 PM   #9  
Pending Email Confirmation

try being a 46DDD sigh.

bra in a box for me until I lose more weight. I'm SOOOOOO lucky.

If I went into Victoria Secret they would laugh me out of there.
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:23 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziness View Post
try being a 46DDD sigh.

bra in a box for me until I lose more weight. I'm SOOOOOO lucky.

If I went into Victoria Secret they would laugh me out of there.
That's where I am and I found some really pretty JMS and some JMS in the box - still pretty.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:47 PM   #11  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I buy my bras at Lane Bryant and love them! In most stores I need a 44D, but at Lane Bryant I wear a 42B and it fits me terrific. They have very sexy lift and separate bras, and in so many cute colors. I am a huge fan and especially when they have one of their bra sales going on.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:03 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 203/183/121?

Height: 5' 4"

1) Get resized. Try on both smaller and bigger band sizes and cup sizes. Some brands fit better than others.
2) I like Wacoal bras though I also wear other brands. They cost more but last longer. Nordstrom Rack always has them cheaper.
3) Keep trying. There's no reason your boobs can't look like that--just find the right bra.
swiminky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:58 PM   #13  
Pending Email Confirmation

shy- how much does THAT cost?! I'd love to have a custom bra...

I tried torrid's bras and got fitted by the girl that worked there - I can't wear it for more than 20 minutes too painful. I don't know if it's fitting wrong or I'm just not used to an underwire...

as for bra in the box - i'll check out jms next time i'm shopping. it seems like it'd be better for me to have an underwire but the thought of the pain makes me run away!
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:16 PM   #14  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

I am a 36F. There are these bras called Jeunique bras that you can only get from a home-based business. Google "Jeunique bras" in your area and you may find someone who sells them. I can't say that they are necessarily the prettiest bras, but they are definitely the best engineered bras EVER. They are made after the design of the Golden Gates Bridge. SERIOUSLY. There is a shelf made of soft, but firm material that holds the breasts up like the road on a bridge. The straps do not take any of the weight, so you don't have back problems anymore. I run and I can't run with any other bra without it hurting. This bra holds me in place. Running is no problem.

Last edited by Clykk; 09-07-2007 at 11:17 PM.
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:48 AM   #15  

Definately my most comfortable bras ever are the Glamorise sports bra. It's the Magic Plus Lift® Active support soft cup bra. The shoulders NEVER slipped - which is always a problem for me - very comfortable - no bounce although not super strong support - but for the treadmill it was fine - soft and comfy and in the $ 30. - $ 35.00 area. I will definately buy more but my body is in flux so I don't want to spend the money.