Default That 70s Show -- On Our Way to Losing 70-ish Pounds 9/3-9

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share):

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was):

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose):

What is your one reason to stick with your plan this week:
Old 09-03-2007, 05:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/205/175

Height: 5'11"

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 214 (down 1 in the grande scheme of things)

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): Good I guess, I was trying to remember that I'm trying to lose weight, lol.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): Honestly, to not gain weight -- I'll be in Arizona from Wed. to Sunday and eating out the whole time.

What is your one reason to stick with your plan this week: Because I like seeing new muscle definition as the pounds fall off.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:06 PM   #3  
Am I there yet?

S/C/G: 205/197/130

Height: 5'5"

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): Not sure, it's TOM so I won't weigh until Friday

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was):
I think it was just to eat healthy and exercise. I got in 4 days at the gym and ate pretty well until the weekend.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose):
Take control of my weekend eating. It's what seems to be sabotaging my efforts!

What is your one reason to stick with your plan this week: All the hard work I do during the week is not worth undoing it on the weekends.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:23 AM   #4  
Skinny Minnie in Training

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/149

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 205 -- down 2

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): OK...the goal was to "lose some freakin' weight"

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): Go to the gym 3 times to do weights and cardio -- I've got my gym bag packed today!

What is your one reason to stick with your plan this week: I will be stronger and healthier if I do.

On another note, I went to the pool with my DS and one of his friends and her mom. Another little girl from his class was there and she asked me if I had a baby in my tummy. Ugh. I look THAT fat that a 2-year-old thinks I'm pregnant. Great!

Last edited by queenjane; 09-04-2007 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:17 PM   #5  
Shedding My Cocoon

S/C/G: 230.2/226.4/130

Height: 5'6"

Way to go with the loss, HotMama and QueenJane! This week's looking up already. Good luck with the weigh in once you're ready, 2Fat.

What's your weigh-in: 195.8 - down a couple! Yay!

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): My goal was to stay "on plan," which I did well enough. Eating out is scary because you're never sure how good you're really being, but I'm definitely making healthier choices than I ever have before in my life.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): Learn to make the perfect, healthy dinner consisting of lean protein and a good ~3 servings of fiber-rich veggies. And make a HABIT of it!

What is your one reason to stick with your plan this week: It works, and I have proof! It may not be fast or easy, but this IS working, and I WILL reach my goals.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:33 PM   #6  
Am I there yet?

WAY TO GO on the weightloss, everyone!!! What an inspiration and motivation!

I am not sure if I am going to be out of comission for awhile...DH and I went on a hike yesterday. I was so proud of myself - I did the entire hike and burned 1170 calories - but near the end, I slipped and fell on a rock. I thought I had come out with just some scrapes and bruises, but my back and shoulder are killing me today and I can hardly move. Not sure if I just bruised/stretched some muscles or if it's something worse.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:38 PM   #7  
Shedding My Cocoon

S/C/G: 230.2/226.4/130

That stinks, 2Fat! Hiking is so hard, and yet so enjoyable, except the nerve-wracking part on the way down where your legs aren't sure if they want to support your weight or not. Haha. And the footing is pretty dangerous. I hope the soreness fades soon!

You know, sometimes I still can't believe I'm doing this, and it's working. I've always been depressed about my weight, and knew I had to change, but nothing I tried stuck - I didn't try very hard or very long, and I didn't do all my research and flex my willpower, so I've always failed (and didn't get beyond a few pounds lost at best).

This is something new for me... This determination, the confidence, the will to succeed. It makes me believe this IS "the time," and I'll make it... For once in my life, I will be slender. But that doesn't mean I'll stay that way, and maintenance is more intimidating to me than any amount of weight loss could be. There's no way for me to know if I can do "this" for the rest of my life until I get there and try it, no reassurances before the fact.

But I think I can.

/ramble off
Old 09-06-2007, 03:06 PM   #8  
I can do it !!!!

Hi everyone! Glad to see all the weight loss. I'm still at 215. Little stressed with the start of school, one riding the bus to kindergarten and our 3 yr old starts preschool on 9/11 - not the best of days but whatever.
ANYWAY - I needed to share this - I had a preschool board meeting last night, there are about 12 of us that sit on the board. Typically one person brings some snacks and juice/soda. Last night she had fat free chips and a thing of OREOS.
Most everyone had ONE single OREO and not any more than that.
I did not have anything other than my gum and my water.
So any how ,....the girl next to me (probably 100 pounds heavier than I am). She comes in with a bag from burger king, and pulls out a WHOPPER and starts chowing down on her dinner. At a BOARD meeting !?!?!
It was beyond disgusting to witness. Plus I had to HEAR the chomping and chewing. Totally grossed me out.
When she was done she asked for someone to give her the OREOS, she ate an entire friggin ROW !!!
?!?!?! She even joked about "pass them down to the fat girl".
And I'm thinking "man I'm glad I'm sitting next to you because I feel like Mary Kate Olsen right now". LOL
Anyway -- that whopper and her attitude just grossed me out.
I have not been to the gym in a while....but once the little one is on his schedule next week I hope to have a routine back in place.
I just pray when FALL finally gets here it doesn't go away too quickly. I'd like a few months of fall temps so I can enjoy walking.
TTFN

Last edited by 2Bthinagain; 09-06-2007 at 03:07 PM.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:33 AM   #9  
Am I there yet?

Hey everyone! TGIF! Thanks Ethereal... I finally got to work out last night, even though my back was still a little sore. I know what you mean about hiking... I love that it's all downhill, but my legs always seem so wobbly!

I'm so proud of everyone for their weightloss!

2Bthin - yuck! I thought of your story when my DH asked what he could bring me for dinner while I'm in class tonight.... definitely won't be getting the whopper! I have had those experiences, too, where I watch someone who is extremely overweight (like on those obesity shows on TLC) eat tons and tons of fried food. I think it's disgusting, but then I remind myself that I have eaten that exact same thing on occassion!

Well I stepped on the scale this morning and finally lost a pound! I was watching the scale all week @ 202 lbs. and it would NOT budge. Then I went and worked out at the gym yesterday for 40 minutes and that pesky pound finally came off this morning. I think for me, unfortunately, is that I HAVE to exercise. I wish I could be one of those people who just dieted and the weight came off. But no... my body only wants to get rid of the weight when I exercise. That's how it has always been in the past as well, when I tried Atkins, South Beach, 6-week body makeover.... I would never lose that much weight because I wasn't exercising. When I was calorie counting and exercising 4-5x a week last spring, the weight just seemed to melt off. Sigh. So much for the easy way down!
Old 09-07-2007, 07:27 PM   #10  
I can do it !!!!

Oh heck yeah I've eaten a whopper before, but never ever ever ever in such a professional place! We were in a BOARD MEETING?
What the heck? Sloppin' and chompin, it was really like watch a cow or a pig eat. And here are all these people trying to ignore her.
We were there with our papers, pens, drinks, some had lap top computers, and there she is all spread out taking up all this space, and making a mess of the table & her face...it was just so gross.
Never in my wildest dreams would I eat at a board meeting! Least not a friggin whopper. Oh just thinking of it again makes me want to puke.
Closed Thread